PDA

View Full Version : Bah Humbug!

Wul
14th October 2005, 01:53 AM
I've heard it all!!

Today after 20years of providing their employees with a "free" christmas party, my employer announced they are not having any Christmas Party this year.

Not on the grounds of religious discrimination or the likes...no.

But on the grounds that the Company is at risk if someone gets drunk at the party and injures themselves then they have a right to claim against the company!! Having googled this gem of info apparently it's true!

Tell you 2 things - 1 time for a new job and 2 the litigation mad world we live in has gone too far!

:(:mad::dead::disapprove:

euan
14th October 2005, 02:11 AM
That sucks

We were not allowed a drinks do as people would have to travel there on their own time and the company insurer said no!

We don't get a Christmas lunch, as everybody is on projects and it's usually down to the project to do it. Seeing as my project is in Manchester and I live in London, it wasn't that convienient last year. Mind you, as I work for a company with 16,000 employees, can you imagine the size party if we had one all together? The drinks bill alone would cover the GDP for some small countries!

Still sucks though - I blame the mitagation mad world!

Julz
14th October 2005, 04:12 PM
Jings, that makes my company sound fab! We finish on friday 23rd (was meant to be the thursday but we, the staff, changed that! Extra day at t'other end!) and the boss produces the beers at about 11am, then we proceed into town for a chrimbo party and get well and truly hammered! Well, most folk will anyway!;):p:D

The Dogfather
14th October 2005, 04:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Jings, that makes my company sound fab! We finish on friday 23rd (was meant to be the thursday but we, the staff, changed that! Extra day at t'other end!) and the boss produces the beers at about 11am, then we proceed into town for a chrimbo party and get well and truly hammered! Well, most folk will anyway!;):p:D

We have a similar arrangement here as well:cool::D

Clare1
14th October 2005, 06:12 PM
Hmmm, ours still isnt arranged yet either......;0(

T6 KFR
14th October 2005, 06:41 PM
mine either....although will i still be working at same company...who knows. Future is always bright, green is always greener...lets see if its true.

I can always come join ur xmas doos if my work isnt having one...oh and xxxxx amount of other employees:)

Monsta Mo Mini
14th October 2005, 09:44 PM
In theory - if you work for a real stingemiester there is a limit on how much they can spend on each individual employee...before it becomes a taxable benfit.

Crombers
14th October 2005, 10:30 PM
As this will probably be our last Xmas here at Ballantines Scotch Whisky , Dumbarton (taken over by Pernod / Chivas Bros) we are gonna have one helluva day out. The Hungry Monk in Gartocharn is booked (bosses usually pay for everything meal & drinks wise) for mid afternoon for eats then a pub crawl of Balloch (that's when we start paying though) til the wee small hours :kiss::I:clown::blackeye::sleepy::dead:

Burple
14th October 2005, 10:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Similar to the Uni! ;) Well, it changes every year, last year was the worst, where the management didn't want anything to do with it, this year we have a new Director.. and lots more Admin staff to pester him, so all systems GO!!! :D

But generally each different department has their own night out, usually on the same night, and later on almost every pub in the town centre is full of Uni staff! :clown::D:D:p

Julz
14th October 2005, 11:21 PM
We're going to one of those Chrimbo party things at the Queens, not sure if I'm going though as I was planning on taking the week before Christmas as a holisay seeing as I found out the other day I still have 8 days to take!:D:D:D