PDA

View Full Version : SPOT LAMPS WANTED

redpoint rallying
13th October 2005, 03:05 PM
Im looking for 4 standard Mini front spotlamps in as new or v.good condition. If anyone can assist, please let me know.:)

Thanks

M

MartinSullivan
13th October 2005, 04:15 PM
I dont think I have seen a BMW set in V Good condition , they are normally rusted within the first few months

Gismo
13th October 2005, 04:22 PM
All BMW ones should be on recall for the rusting problem (please confirm minime) as i'm waiting to have 4 spots fitted :evil:
If you are looking for a long term solution then i would suggest you fit aftermarket ones.
Mike at newministuff sells them, not sure about 4, but, if you get the bracket then you can install your own :)

MartinSullivan
13th October 2005, 04:24 PM
The last solution I saw from a dealer for the rusting spot lamps problem was coating them in a waxoyl type solution - wasnt pretty. Hope they have come up with a better solution now

MartinSullivan
13th October 2005, 04:29 PM
As Bonnie says Mikey does 2 kits

Hella Kit with standard brackets (https://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=productshow&id=191)

or

Custom Hella Kit (https://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=productshow&id=79)

Mikey will answer any questions you may have about adapting the kit for a Cooper S (if it is for your road car Mart) and fitting 4 rather than 2 lamps.

T6 KFR
13th October 2005, 05:04 PM
Those guys who have the spots fitted to their mini (Mart I know you are one), did you fit them yourself?

I was going to get BMW ones to ensure fitting from the garage. But I was aware of the corrosion problem, hence reason why i havent bought them.

MartinSullivan
13th October 2005, 05:10 PM
I fitted mine myself, they are just tapped into the main wiring loom. I have a copy of the instructions somewhere, if I can find them Ill scan them in and email them to you - will at least give you an idea of whats involved

The Dogfather
13th October 2005, 05:42 PM
I fitted mine also, they are just connected to the battery with a switching relay on the main beam. Easy!

T6 KFR
13th October 2005, 07:28 PM
sounds easy then....although guys:I I am colour blind!!!!

I should cope though;)

MartinSullivan
13th October 2005, 07:41 PM
Its pretty straightforward - Ill send the instructions through on Monday if you want a look

DerekM
14th October 2005, 02:34 AM
Are the 4-lamps on the bar supplied by MiniSport any good?

redpoint rallying
14th October 2005, 02:42 AM
Thanks folks,

I had heard that the Mini supplied items were a bit sub standard but not to the extent experienced here. Will look into aftermarket ones.

thanks for the info.

M

redpoint rallying
14th October 2005, 04:54 AM
I would still be interested if anyone has any though!

Ta

M