PDA

View Full Version : Hello

woodsy_bear
12th October 2005, 02:37 AM
Just thought I'd introduce myself and sign up after sleepyrascal recommended the site on mini2, he mentioned there was a group buy for aero kit bits on here somewhere and thought I'd show my interest.

I live near Birmingham (please don't hold that against me :D),I've had my EB/EB MCS since christmas and have enjoyed every minute of it so far :D. I've done a few mods to it and love to taking it on the track. Its proving to be a very expensive purchase :D

gill
12th October 2005, 03:25 AM
Welcome to the site.

Mini's are neverending monetary wise - great fun though!;)

Enjoy the banter around here - it's great!!!

The Dogfather
12th October 2005, 03:32 AM
Welcome Woodsy, I suppose the roads down there are so busy you need the track to get some space to open it up. I was back home in Lancashire last week and the roads were jammed, not to mention speed traps and Gatso everywhere.

That's the best bit of living up here (30 miles north of Aberdeen), the roads are just so quiet :D

Big Col
12th October 2005, 04:07 PM
Aright mate? Welcome to the site.

Crombers
12th October 2005, 05:53 PM
Welcome to NMS:Dland

T6 KFR
13th October 2005, 04:42 PM
Hi and welcome to NMS forum / site.:D

Can I ask all those who sign onto Mini2 forum , isit worth my time. I quite like this forum, local guys / gals , scottish meets etc....

How many of you are actually members? Am I missing out:disapprove:

MartinSullivan
13th October 2005, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the site - enjoy the fun

sleepyrascal
13th October 2005, 05:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Hi and welcome to NMS forum / site.:D

Can I ask all those who sign onto Mini2 forum , isit worth my time. I quite like this forum, local guys / gals , scottish meets etc....

How many of you are actually members? Am I missing out:disapprove:

The benefits of being part of a worldwide network of MINI owners is obvious. Take the Aero group buy for example. There wouldn't be enough people on Newminiscotland to have started that kind of thing.

If your interested in MINI runs in England/Europe etc, MINI2 is a good place to get involved with that. There is also a comprehensive list of technical information for your MINI. HOwever a lot of the important stuff from MINI2 ends up on NMS via NMS/MINI2 members.

You can join MINI2 for free so you have nothing to lose. The two sites are very similar but at the same time very different.

woodsy_bear
14th October 2005, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

I will have to come up there for one of your runs sometime. The couple of times I've driven in Scotland I've really enjoyed, although I did get flashed twice in the space of half an hour by two speed cameras, but luckily nothing come of it.

Crombers
14th October 2005, 05:53 PM
Keep an eye out for the annual Cullen Run on MINI2 (hopefully if John ;) is organising another one) next summer. It's a belter of a run (overnight stay) & the the folk from down south on this years run loved every minute (as did us all :approve:)

woodsy_bear
15th October 2005, 02:29 AM
I think Cooper_Si travelled up from my area to this years Cullen run if I remember rightly, he said he really enjoyed it.

phantom
15th October 2005, 04:28 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome :cool::cool::cool:

The Dogfather
15th October 2005, 05:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by woodsy_bear

I think Cooper_Si travelled up from my area to this years Cullen run if I remember rightly, he said he really enjoyed it.

Yep, he had to suffer my driving:D:p