PDA

View Full Version : Digital Displays?

Cable Guy
12th October 2005, 02:28 AM
Ok my first dislike driving into town there is the speed display..... there is loads of speed cameras in Glasgow and it's hard to tell my exact speed(maybe my fault cos I'm used to one)

Is it poss to fit a digital speed display? if so where

The Dogfather
12th October 2005, 03:09 AM
If you have the on-board computer it should be possible to select a digital speed readout by clicking through the functions.

If you haven't got the computer perhaps it can be retro fitted or how about a tom-tom system they have a GPS speedo and you can then download the location of speed camera and speed traps and get warning of when you're approaching them, just a thought!:D

Cable Guy
12th October 2005, 03:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

If you have the on-board computer it should be possible to select a digital speed readout by clicking through the functions.

I'm not sure if I have the on-board computer fitted, how would I know....... it's raining so I dont want to go out to the car to check the now :p

Smitty
12th October 2005, 04:16 AM
the on board computer is situated on the Rev counter and is included with in the Chilli Pack on most models i think

Cable Guy
12th October 2005, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

the on board computer is situated on the Rev counter and is included with in the Chilli Pack on most models i think

:disapprove:Salt pack:disapprove:

duncan
12th October 2005, 04:32 AM
Do you have a button on the Left Hand Column Stalk? If you do, you have the On Board Computer.

HOWEVER, just because you have the On Board Computer, it doesnt mean you have the Speed display, as this was only itroduced for cars built after September 1st 2003.

Even then, if you have the Chrono Pack or Sat Nav, you may not also be able to have the actual speed display.
Hope this helps.

Cable Guy
12th October 2005, 04:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Do you have a button on the Left Hand Column Stalk? If you do, you have the On Board Computer.

I'll have a check later

quote:Originally posted by duncanHOWEVER, just because you have the On Board Computer, it doesnt mean you have the Speed display, as this was only itroduced for cars built after September 1st 2003.

Hmmmm I think it's a 53 plate.... once I can get out of bed I'll check :sleepy:

Big Col
12th October 2005, 03:58 PM
Totally off topic but where abouts in Glasgow are you CG? I'm a weegie too! I live on the South side.

Cable Guy
12th October 2005, 05:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Totally off topic but where abouts in Glasgow are you CG? I'm a weegie too! I live on the South side.

Southside aswell, Kingspark

Crombers
12th October 2005, 05:51 PM
& I'm originally from Clarkston :D

Big Col
12th October 2005, 08:19 PM
Oooh I work in Cathcart. Weir Pumps. I rekon with a god wind I could spit on you from here. :D

Burple
12th October 2005, 08:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Oooh I work in Cathcart. Weir Pumps. I rekon with a god wind I could spit on you from here. :D

Would that be a heavenly Trouser-Trumpet?? :p:p:p:p;):D:D

Wul
12th October 2005, 10:03 PM
....or a religous roar? :p:D

Wul
12th October 2005, 10:04 PM
....maybe even a Jesus Jet? :D:p

The Dogfather
12th October 2005, 10:18 PM
...divine draft?

The Dogfather
12th October 2005, 10:27 PM