PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Gear

euan
11th October 2005, 03:11 AM
In case you've missed it, Fifth Gear is back on TV tonight, 8-9.

sleepyrascal
11th October 2005, 03:23 AM
Q U A L I T Y !! !

T6 KFR
11th October 2005, 04:44 AM
no mention of mini's only cars i cant afford 70k+

so i switched it off....ill wait for new series of top gear instead

euan
11th October 2005, 05:03 AM
Just watched it - it's all gone Pete Tong....

Although I don't think you'd ever see people on Top Gear trying to teach you how to heal and toe! I'm not convinced Clarkson can do it....

T6 KFR
11th October 2005, 05:23 AM
can clarkson even get his Ford GT started to heel and toe:)

sh@z
11th October 2005, 05:25 AM
Its trying to change itself to something similar to Top Gear and be semi chat show and motoring show combined, obviously loved the AMV8 bit at the start, but the rest was average, not that impressed to be honest.

The Dogfather
11th October 2005, 05:43 AM
Its a very poor relation to TG, what was all that about the fighter pilots? Nonesence!

sh@z
11th October 2005, 06:17 AM
Yeah but all i was thinking during it was ....... this is trying to be like Top Gear .... and then "oh dear they are doing a rubbish job of it" .... ah well

sleepyrascal
11th October 2005, 08:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Its a very poor relation to TG, what was all that about the fighter pilots? Nonesence!

Yeh the pilot thing was crap!!!! Who wants to watch a crap driver drive a car.

I felt it was a lot like OLD SKOOL Top Gear.

Julz
11th October 2005, 04:04 PM
Well, I liked it! Can't stand Top Gear! At least the folks on 5th know how to drive properly!;) (apart from that VBH biatch, can't stand her, out of pure jealousy obviously!!:I:clown::sleepy:)

Big Col
11th October 2005, 04:13 PM
It was a cracking paint job on the GT40 that Plato and the pilot were driving though! ;):D:approve:

Julz
11th October 2005, 04:24 PM
At least they weren't wasting time by blowing up caravans and other such informative things!;):D

Moonshine
11th October 2005, 04:34 PM
hmmm lotus 240R :)

euan
11th October 2005, 04:51 PM
Julz, I wouldn't be worried about VBH. Her top lip was scaring me at times, looking a bit older than before! And your right, the 3 of them can all drive, although I quite like watching James May in something stupidly powerful that he obviously hates :)

The GT40 was the same one I saw at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed - it looks even better in the flesh.

The chat show elements were just rubbish, too scripted. At least they did still have some road driving, although the Lotus v 911 could have been more rounded by showing how they are every day. You could use the 911 every day, but I wouldn't fancy using the Exige every day!

In saying that, the new Exige is much better looking than the last version.

The Dogfather
11th October 2005, 04:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
It was a cracking paint job on the GT40 that Plato and the pilot were driving though! ;):D:approve:

Thought is was a bit, what's the word I'm looking for?

Poncy!

DerekM
11th October 2005, 05:49 PM
The Exige was the one I drove at Knockhill last month. Very fast and progressive and awesome handling - only had 1,700 miles on it then, including the drive up from Norfolk. Just a shame that they are all sold (although there is a used one on Pistonheads).

Burple
11th October 2005, 06:59 PM
...So how many of you entered the competition for the Aston? :p;):D

Yeah.. I did... not my favourite Aston by far, but think of all the Mini toys you could buy after you flogged it!! :D:D:D:D:D

Mini Martyn
11th October 2005, 07:33 PM
Aww i missed it, was out for dinner!! when is it repeated? :cool:

Mon the fish
12th October 2005, 01:27 AM
Tonight 11.55pm, C5