PDA

View Full Version : Checkmate

Scottie
9th October 2005, 03:56 AM
Saw the checkmate today @ Menzies.

Got to say I am so glad we changed our mind.

The interior is just not doggy friendly.

However anyone who has the Parklane on order. Your are lucky.

The seats awesome why oh why did they not do the same with the checkmate.

Clare1
9th October 2005, 08:35 PM
I think the 3 new models aech look really good in their own MINI ways.....

Sold plenty few already! The new MINI One7 metallic Solar Red paint is really nice. And theres a lovely amount of standard spec for the otr price!
We have got 1 each of the Parklane and Checkmate in stock if any of you want to see them!!!

p.s ScottieCoop, luvin your Doggie number plate!!! ;0)

T6 KFR
9th October 2005, 10:59 PM
take it claire you work for a mini dealer then?

Any chance of discounts;)

Burple
10th October 2005, 12:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

<Ahem> cofMENZIEScof... ;)

(Their our resident MINI sponsors...) :D:D:D:D

NMS Discount is in place! :D:D:D:cool:

Clare1
10th October 2005, 01:20 AM
Sure do, im the other Menzies slave (like MINIME)....we're not really a dealer tho!!!
Just 2 really nice friendly people there to advise, supply and help other MINI fanatics!! ;0)

Discounts! *cough cough* lol

Excellent service with a smile!!! Thats what we give, surely thats better than any discount!!

T6 KFR
10th October 2005, 02:14 AM
Ah a friendly smile is always what i look for...so if you give that who needs discount.

Burple
10th October 2005, 04:15 AM
We Do!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

:cool:

markyc
10th October 2005, 05:58 AM
Would agree with you Fiona, Checkmate looks well iffy :question: specially those 'horse shoe' wheels :dead: but the Parklane isn't too bad at all ;) Don't think i have one though over a speced Cooper even with a smile off oor Clare :eek:;);) Still to see the Seven :question:

bpirie1000
10th October 2005, 04:53 PM
mmm think I'll have to get me down the Dealers Not Seen any of these.

Did request A Brochure From the Dealer But still nothing YET........

Boooo hoooo..

Clare1
10th October 2005, 06:22 PM
Send me ur address and i'll have brochure and pricelist in the post to you tonight!!!

Cooper_si
10th October 2005, 07:42 PM
I did a request from my local dealer aswell....they must see me as some threat to their business or something because im still waiting ;);):approve:

euan
11th October 2005, 01:36 AM
I popped in to the dealer just now (well, I think I must live the closest to a dealer here - it's all of a minute to the showroom) to have a look at these.

Checkmate does look a bit iffy. I think I'm in the minority but I actually love the horseshoe wheels, but the inside just doesn't work for me. The two tone seats are not good.

The Park Lane on the other hand - now that is much more like it. The seats are superb!

More tempting was the Cooper sitting in 17" R99 anthracite alloys...

Clare1
11th October 2005, 02:45 AM
Anyone wanting brochures let me know!!! I'll get them into the post to you asap!!!

Mon the fish
11th October 2005, 04:49 AM
Dropped in past Menzies today, thought the Checkmate looked good from the outside (didn't realise you could get it without the bonnet graphic, looks better without it IMO), but...

Thought the interior was awful! I couldn't drive that car everyday with a steering wheel that colour! :dead:

Coop Park Lane had a nice interior, loved the seats, reminded me of an old Jag in a way, but the exterior colour was horrendous IMO, like Dark Silver with green through it, not nice.

It was tipping it down to be fair, and the silver roofs looked good. Electric Blue is still the best :D

Clare1
11th October 2005, 08:27 PM
Thats the good thing about MINI you can personalise the car to your each own individual tastes and requirements!!!

Good to hear feed back on the new models tho folks...

Mini Me
15th October 2005, 06:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Thats the good thing about MINI you can personalise the car to your each own individual tastes and requirements!!!

Good to hear feed back on the new models tho folks...

good to hea..........brown nose :eek::blackeye::evil:

The Dogfather
15th October 2005, 07:28 PM
Brown Nose? A least she shows her potential customers respect, that's more than can be said of you ya dobber!;)

Plus I've heard she well stacked :eek:

Mini Me
15th October 2005, 07:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Brown Nose? A least she shows her potential customers respect, that's more than can be said of you ya dobber!;)

Plus I've heard she well stacked :eek:

Ah , good tae be back :p

Mini Me
16th October 2005, 05:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

:p:pworks ....ha,ha,ha....
she does come in most day's, where i try to stop her looking out the showroom window all morning, or she would have nothing to do in the afternoon :evil::D;)

Clare1
16th October 2005, 08:19 PM
And EXACTLY what do u do Mr Brown??? Erm lemme see......NOTHING!!!:eek:

At least im always here, u've more time off than anyone else in Menzies....not to mention SICK says (cough) for Broken Toes, Sore heads and Alcohol Consumption!!! hahaha :p:):D;)

Iain would be lost without me here! ;)

KAH
24th October 2005, 06:15 PM
Had a look at the Checkmate and Parklane at Fairbairn's in Irvine (when I was there the Test Drive the S [;oD]). Have to say I didnt like the seats in the Parklane...thought they looked a bit old fashioned!!!!! Liked the Checkmate ....but for the price's I would still have a Spec'd up Cooper or S over either of them.