PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel refurb in Dundee area?

Julz
7th October 2005, 04:21 PM
Anyone know a good place to get one of my alloys tidied up? Scuffed it through pheasant dodging tactics and not through the feminine inability to park!;):p Need it done ASAP!:D

MartinSullivan
7th October 2005, 04:22 PM
Refurb-Alloy
01382 858999
Unit 2 Towngate Business Centre
Dundee, DD2 3SX

Julz
7th October 2005, 04:34 PM
The Oracle strikes again!!;) Cheers Mart!!:clown:

minidriver#1
7th October 2005, 05:18 PM
I'd recommend Coatech in Carnoustie. I dont have contact details though. They are the best i've seen and my wheels go in soon too.

MartinSullivan
7th October 2005, 05:21 PM
Coatech of Carnoustie - cause KJ says they are brill (http://www.jp-coatech.com/)

Burple
7th October 2005, 05:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Coatech of Carnoustie - cause KJ says they are brill (http://www.jp-coatech.com/)

Dammit.. you beat me to that one! :p

Ally (Zimbo) used these guys when he erm..'damaged' two of his alloys.
Got them sorted (big scrapes all the way rounf the spokes of 2 of them) and got them re-coated in a nice Titanium finish :D:D

They did a very good job!! :D:D:D:D

Scottie
7th October 2005, 06:14 PM
Think Craig used somewhere in Glenrothes not sure where but saw his wheels last Friday and it was a good job. Not to expensive either

Julz
7th October 2005, 10:28 PM
Ah, it was Coatech I was thinking of as I'd heard of them before! Guy who did the respray of my kit got all four of his wheels powder coated for much cheapness, if they do a good job, I can see the Evo going there for a wheel colour change!!;):D

Craig
7th October 2005, 10:34 PM
IPF Powder Coating in Glenrothes (01592 771805) They only charge £35 per wheel regardless of colour/finish. They also brought mine back to new. They say that as long as the wheel is not buckled, they can sort it.

Top job IMHO and the cheapest I have found. They turned them around quickly too...

Burple
7th October 2005, 10:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Ah, it was Coatech I was thinking of as I'd heard of them before! Guy who did the respray of my kit got all four of his wheels powder coated for much cheapness, if they do a good job, I can see the Evo going there for a wheel colour change!!;):D

Do It Do It Do It!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
I think he got two wheels repaired (they were quite badly (deeply) scraped on all the spokes) and then all of them re-coated for roundabout £225 or so... is that a good price:question:

Julz
8th October 2005, 12:09 AM
I'm taking the wheel along on monday for them to sort! Apparently the bodyshop guy got all four of his van wheels done for £50, but then he'd stripped them all himself! Even £225 isn't too bad if they're a good powder coat finish! I'm sure that'll cheer Rob up as he doesn't like the wheels on the Evo! I'm not overly keen on them either, but I'm sure with an anthracite finish, they'll look a bittie better!;):D