PDA

View Full Version : Brembo Brakes

Adam MCS
6th October 2005, 06:50 AM
Anyone know where you can get brembo discs and pads? I've seen loads of EBC and greenstuff brakes but haven't really heard about many others. Has anyone put brembos on a mini? What do you guys think the best replacement pads and discs would be?

Cheers

john
6th October 2005, 07:00 AM
I priced these already,I will see if I still have the info when I get into work.

MartinSullivan
6th October 2005, 04:35 PM
Get a price for 2 sets ;) see if you can get a discount

Gismo
6th October 2005, 04:44 PM
I replaced the rears on my old S when the originals were done with Brembo parts, but, i can't remember where i bought them from :I
In fact, someone is selling a set on Mini2 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101202)

MartinSullivan
6th October 2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah had spotted them - dont think they will be of use to you Adam, they are for pre facelift cars. I emailed him to see if he was flexible on price - as the history of the units is a little vague - but he wasnt :(

minidriver#1
6th October 2005, 05:35 PM
the brakes are different on facelift models? :S

MartinSullivan
6th October 2005, 05:37 PM
According to the ad and something else I saw somewhere the front hub is different - can anyone confirm this? I'm assuming it is true or he would have fitted them to his car.

MartinSullivan
6th October 2005, 05:53 PM
Actually just tracked down what I read

"I recently bought a Brembo 330mm Brake Conversion for my Cooper, basically i came to have it fitted but the discs would not fit as they rubbed on the bottom part of the hub (redesigned for 05 model minis)

So i was wanting to know if anyone has had a similiar problem with this, and if so how they got around it???

I have spoken to the man at AMD who made the kit originally and they said that they have had no experience with sumone fitting this kit to a newer mini

any help would be great

Cheers

JonnyC:D"

This was on Mini2 - its actually the same guy that is selling them now. Just checked all the part numbers for the hubs etc and cant see any differences - so a little bit confused