PDA

View Full Version : TLC Package thing

sacbis
6th October 2005, 05:32 AM
I've just picked up my 51 reg cooper today and i honestly have not had as much fun driving a car as i have in the last few hours!:D
I was just wondering how i tell if the car is covered by the TLC package cos there is nothing in the manual etc. to tell me if it is and the garage where i bought it didn't know. Can a MINI dealer tell me?

Cheers

Craig
6th October 2005, 05:36 AM
if TLC comes with the car you should have a "voucher book" in with the manuals which says TLC on it.... If not, just check with the Dealer, they can check whether the car was initially issued with TLC.

Hope this helps.;)

T6 KFR
6th October 2005, 05:37 AM
Hi,

I would have thought the main dealer would know. It will be on the computer system listed under your reg number. How else would they know if you had the TLC....cant take your word for it. Try dealer mate.

T6 KFR
6th October 2005, 05:39 AM
thats right i should know i have the TLC on my car..... Listen to Craig:I (i have a voucher book too)

Sorry:disapprove:

:D

sacbis
6th October 2005, 05:40 AM
Well i've no voucher book but i'll check with the dealer anyway. No harm in asking i suppose.

sh@z
6th October 2005, 06:45 AM
TLC only covered for 3 years if im not mistaken, so TLC cover may have ran out on the car (even though the garage will offer a warranty on the car) You can buy extended TLC if you wish to do so, but im sure TLC is only for 3 years if car is bought new, not sure if garages offer it on cars bought used.

c_me_swim
6th October 2005, 06:57 AM
I think TLC is for 5 years and extendable to 8 for a extra £450. The Warranty is only for 3 years.
Hope that has helped.

bpirie1000
6th October 2005, 04:11 PM
If you weren't confused before you are now...

Good Luck on your Quest.

KenL
6th October 2005, 04:20 PM
How many miles has the car done? TLC gives you the first 3 services which for most people seems to run out after 40k miles or so.

Also how many miles is it saying to service when you start the car up?

Call any dealer who should be able to tell you for definate.

euan
6th October 2005, 04:39 PM
Someone asks a sensible question and you lot answer with a load of rubbish ;)

TLC is 5 years or 50K miles, cost 150 quid with the car.

Tlc top up is 300 quid, adds an extra 3 years/30K.

craigcooperSworks
6th October 2005, 05:52 PM
And apparently the dealer can also insert your key into a special reader type thing-ma-bob which can find out all the details of your car/ care package details, i think that's what somebody once told me anyway!:clown:

Well my car is away into JC Aberdeen for a free TLC Service today as well.:)

Wul
7th October 2005, 03:59 PM
Craig you are right - i've yet to use one of my vouchers after 4 TLC trips!! (2 cars before you all start saying i'm wrong!!:p) They just use the key reader normally.

MartinSullivan
7th October 2005, 04:00 PM
See told you Craig ;)

I have actually had to remind them to take the voucher and stamp the book everytime, it still looks good when you come to sell the car privately to have all the stamps etc in the right place.

sacbis
7th October 2005, 05:07 PM
Cheers guys,
The cars done 40000 miles though i've still got 12000 till another service (I think thats what the readout says anyway) so i don't think i'll get another service if i've got TLC.
I've got 60 days till a brake fluid change though. Is that covered?
I'll hopefully go at the weekend to find out from a dealer.

KenL
7th October 2005, 07:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by sacbis

Cheers guys,
The cars done 40000 miles though i've still got 12000 till another service (I think thats what the readout says anyway)

That would be VERY unusual to get to 52k miles before the third service.

Most people have service schedule something like 10k, 25k, 40k.

What does it say in the stamped up service booklet for mileages of the services?

sacbis
7th October 2005, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure, but i think it's had 4 services and a brake fluid change. I'd have to look at the book to be sure tho.
I'll do that when i get off work tonight!!