PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Greenlight Insurance

MartinSullivan
5th October 2005, 06:46 PM
Its that time again - dreaded insurance renewal :(

Anyway rang round a few places and those that would insure the car in its current state were a bit scarey price wise. Read about Green Light Insurance over on Mini2 - a lot of people with modified cars seemed to be getting a good deal through them so thought I would give them a go.

They came back with a quote of £575.00 with a £250 excess which is between £400 and £700 quid cheaper than anyone else. That covers every modifcation done to the car and gives a "like for like" replacement on any modifications in the event of a claim.

What made this even better was that I got a renewal note through today from Mini Insurance who had been good for me in the past , their quote was £580.00 with a £400 excess for a standard S ;)

Anyone wanting to give them a try give them a call on 01277 263 030.

bpirie1000
5th October 2005, 07:15 PM
so this Insurance Company Insure Flying Machine..

Client List must be

British airways.
B.M.I.
Bristows Helecopters.
Martin Sullivan's Cooper S.
Monarch Airways.

mmmm Which is faster Martins Flying machine or B.A.' Jumbo???

Could always Try it out..........

Julz
5th October 2005, 11:54 PM
Not bad!! I'm insured with Diamond for £670 and that drops to £610 when I get the Evo!!;):D

MartinSullivan
5th October 2005, 11:55 PM
Unfortunately Diamond turned me down because my voice was too deep LOL :D

Thats a good price Julz

wibbly
6th October 2005, 01:10 AM
Hi Martin, we have our Works insured with Greenlight... I had never heard of them either... The Missus found them from confused.com, and they saved us about £300 quid over last year...

JohnO
6th October 2005, 02:13 AM
Gotta agree , its time for my renewal too :-(
Was with greenlight for years but they couldnt compete last year but I phoned today and a superb deal . Includes possible future upgrades/wheels etc
So come the 26th , guess who will be getting my business :)
As the other posts suggested I also queried the 'what about my optional extras thing' and they are all covered. No tracker required either ...
Superb. FWIW in the years before the MINI they were always really good customer service wise.
JohnO

MartinSullivan
6th October 2005, 02:22 AM
Cheers JohnO - asked around and everyone I spoke to said the same on the customer service score , so well chuffed. I was a bit put off when I did the quote online as it came back saying I needed a tracker , but that didnt come up when I did it over the phone. Cheers to Greenlight :D