PDA

View Full Version : Brain Dead

Mini Me
5th October 2005, 04:15 AM
I will admit that when it comes to computers , i'm not the best....but i need help.
I am trying to open emails , but it keeps bringing up the message "file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action,create an association in the folders options control panel" :mad::dead:

Well i have looked and looked and looked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone :question:

MartinSullivan
5th October 2005, 04:17 AM
What is the attachment on the email?

Mini Me
5th October 2005, 04:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

What is the attachment on the email?

yup :(

MartinSullivan
5th October 2005, 04:42 AM
no - read the question again

What is the attachment on the email???? - there are no comma's etc , so yup is not a valid answer. Is the attacement a picture, a video, a sound??? What is the extension of it - the bit after the full stop. This will give us a clue as to what program you need to open it

Mini Me
5th October 2005, 04:52 AM
It's wee thinks in the subject box, he's sending me lot's of info so it will be pictures etc,no video or sound...

In fact, i have just sent it to you........HELP !!!

AndyP & Lenore
5th October 2005, 05:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

It's wee thinks in the subject box, he's sending me lot's of info so it will be pictures etc,no video or sound...

In fact, i have just sent it to you........HELP !!!

SAFETY FIRST, make sure the email is from someone you know! DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT if you don't know who it's from. Even if you do know who it's from, but you weren't expecting an email with attachments, DON'T OPEN IT until you've spoken with them to make sure it is a legitimate email.

Sorry if I'm teaching my gwannie to suck eggs. Wouldn't want you to get a nasty virus or anything.

Mini Me
5th October 2005, 05:11 AM
No , i do know the sender........it's ok :p

Mini Me
5th October 2005, 05:15 AM
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.........feck it , i give up [v]

MartinSullivan
5th October 2005, 05:19 AM
ok well I tried to help you

Mini Me
5th October 2005, 05:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

ok well I tried to help you

Did you get the email i sent you MS :question::question::question:

MartinSullivan
5th October 2005, 05:39 AM
It finally arrived Iain. Right they are a ppt file - which is a power point presentation. If your machine does not have power point then you are a wee bit stuffed. I can open them, print them and fax them to you tomorrow if you like

Mini Me
5th October 2005, 05:43 AM
Aha, that would be superb Ms........If it's not too much trouble 01786 450332

You are a prince amongst men !!!!:p

MartinSullivan
5th October 2005, 05:44 AM
Nay probs - because its a slideshow presentation you wont get the full effect, but you will get the general idea

duncan
5th October 2005, 05:52 AM
Or download Powerpoint Viewer (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=428d5727-43ab-4f24-90b7-a94784af71a4&displaylang=en), and open up the file using that.

MartinSullivan
5th October 2005, 05:55 AM
I didnt want to get into that Duncan - thought Minime was under enough stress ;) but yes you could do that Iain, let me know if it works for you

duncan
5th October 2005, 05:56 AM
Fair point, well made.

MartinSullivan
5th October 2005, 05:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Fair point, well made.

LOL ;)

Scottie
5th October 2005, 06:22 AM
maybe he could e-mail to himself @ menzies I'm sure there system will have power point

Mini Me
5th October 2005, 07:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

maybe he could e-mail to himself @ menzies I'm sure there system will have power point

Already done !!!! ;)