PDA

View Full Version : Birth of a New Mini !!

Moorf
7th March 2003, 04:17 AM
:D Hi Everyone

Hubby and I are soon to be the proud owner of a Mini Cooper - we can't wait and the next 5 weeks will seem looooong! It's being delivered mid to end April!!!

I took a bit of convincing but once I'd had a test drive I was smitten! We have laboured over the spec for a week and I think it'll look really classy - just need a name now!!! It's Brit. Racing Green with silver viper stripes offset and narrower on the passengers side :cool:

Thought I'd drop in and say hi - hope to be able to go on the Icecream Run (which our dealer told us about (Grassicks in Perth))and meet you guys.

Byeee for now,
Moorf

Monsta Mo Mini
7th March 2003, 05:36 AM
Welcome to our wee community. Hope you come back here often and get involved in the runs and social gatherings one you are with MINI. Feel free to come along anyway!

Linda M
7th March 2003, 05:38 AM
Welcome, we are husband and wife too :D My husband has an IB Cooper with silver viper stripes. You can take a look at:
www.minibuzz.com
We've all been through the waiting game but it's well worth it :D
Look forward to meeting you both one day.

Moorf
7th March 2003, 06:18 AM
Gr8 site Linda! Cute....

I have to admit to not being particularly interested in cars before strapping myself into the Cooper but I can honestly say that it's the first car I've driven and smiled, smiled, smiled! :D I do believe it will take years off me and fill up the social diary somewhat! I think we'll probably have to end up getting one each too - I can see the "I want to drive" arguements brewing :blackeye:

Can't wait to ditch the Saab!

Moorf

Gismo
7th March 2003, 08:33 PM
Hi Moorf, welcome to hell, be prepared for spending hours thumping away at the keyboard and typing non sensical replies to posts.
Your viper stripes sound interesting and will be worth a look when you get your car.

Hope to see you on the many runs that are organised, don't be scared to organise one yourself.

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
7th March 2003, 11:32 PM
Have to agree, the viper stripes do sound interesting and different.
Also be prepared to become MINI obsessed :eek:
Poor Bonnie Scotland is 'that' obsessed that the little men in white coats only let him out once in a while :D

minidriver#1
7th March 2003, 11:40 PM
these viper stripes, are they the ones that go over the roof and down the back too? i've seen a mini on mini2.com like that and was well impressed.

Linda M
7th March 2003, 11:47 PM
Willie's go right over the roof and down the back spoiler KJ. It's probably his you've seen on MINI2. I think he's got front and back pics on our website.

Moorf
9th March 2003, 03:08 AM
Hi again!

Yes we're pleased with the viper stripes - I found this pic which shows how it will look except ours will be Brit Racing Green with silver stripes. :cool: It's on Mini2.com http://www.mini2.com/gallery/MINI%20One/meeting-038.jpg We saw it on one of our fav cars the Dodge when in the States

Shame we couldn't get the beige leather interior but if we did we would have had to had given up the sports seats. :(

Well, back to the hand-wringing and mini spotting - am I obsessed yet? I think I'm showing symptoms!!

Laters
Moorf

Julz
9th March 2003, 03:19 AM
Very smart, and very unusual! You won't be like us electric blue people cause we've all got the white bonnet stripes! I saw someone had beaten me to it by colour coding their eb cs! I didn't like the blue roof and mirrors though!:I

Linda M
9th March 2003, 10:31 PM
Nice Moorf !! And yes I think you're getting obsessed :D

Mindyou wait till you're like Julz and I, we have to get our hands on every MINI accessory we can ;)

In fact Julz when I was in the dealers the other day he told me that they're getting in EB/W MINI models :D They must get a good laugh at me :clown:

Julz
9th March 2003, 11:56 PM
My college lecturer was meant to give me a leaflet for an EB model, like the posh Burago ones, but his wife put it in the bin:( I was upset cause I got the kids mini rucksack for xmas, and just after xmas, they started doing them in blue! (mines yellow!):I

duncan
10th March 2003, 02:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M
In fact Julz when I was in the dealers the other day he told me that they're getting in EB/W MINI models :D They must get a good laugh at me :clown:

I had my model MINI's roof sprayed Chilli Red, by a friend of a friend, who works in a BMW Bodyshop.

I'll get me anorak

Moorf
10th March 2003, 10:33 AM
Ok girls - you better fill me in on the lingo!!

What's E/BW?!

Moorf

john
10th March 2003, 06:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Moorf

Ok girls - you better fill me in on the lingo!!

What's E/BW?!

Moorf

Hello and welcome from me.

E/BW is electric blue /white.:)

john
10th March 2003, 06:11 PM

Nice Moorf !! And yes I think you're getting obsessed :D

Mindyou wait till you're like Julz and I, we have to get our hands on every MINI accessory we can ;)

I have seen the model in John Clark Aberdeen and its very good.:D

Linda M
10th March 2003, 07:00 PM
OK, must go to the dealers today :D:D:D
Satelite, that was a good idea !

Julz
12th March 2003, 03:27 AM
I think I'll be trying John Clarks then, however, no money! How expensive are wedding shoes??? I mean, for a pair of white baffies, get a grip!!:eek::eek:

Moorf
12th March 2003, 08:38 AM
Hey Julz... getting married?

Linda M
13th March 2003, 12:08 AM
Julz is getting married in May :)

Willie M
13th March 2003, 12:25 AM

Julz is getting married in May :)
;)It's poor Rob I feel sorry for!!! :D:D

Moorf
13th March 2003, 07:39 AM
Oh Congrats Julz - fairly new to this married lark myself!! 3 yrs last Nov....

Julz
14th March 2003, 04:19 AM
Willie, what are you trying to say? It's BabyB you should feel sorry for, all our money is going towards the wedding and not her!!:eek::I

Willie M
14th March 2003, 07:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Willie, what are you trying to say? It's BabyB you should feel sorry for, all our money is going towards the wedding and not her!!:eek::I
Hmmmmm!!! Yeah, now that you mention it. Now if BabyB's looking for somewhere nice to stay when you and hubby are off galavanting on honeymoon ;)

Gismo
14th March 2003, 08:15 PM
I can attach some nice mods for you while your away :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland