PDA

View Full Version : Flat run-flat

sleepyrascal
3rd October 2005, 12:21 AM
I had new Pirelli runflats fitted so my S Spokes about 6 months ago after JC suggested they needed a change. Now the old tyres had no problems with holding pressure. I had never had a soft tyre. So I took the car home, removed the s spokes with new tyres on, and put them back into storage so I could put on my aftermarket wheels for the summer. The new tyres had no more than 10 miles on them.

Now I have just whipped them out and back on the car and one tyre cant hold pressure for more than 15 minutes. I took the car to JC and they say the wheel is badly corroded and buckled. Hence it loses pressure. But as far as i'm concerned, the wheels were fine before the new tyres went on, and have only done 15 minutes driving before being removed and stored in the garage.

Do you think there is any point trying to argue that JC damaged the wheel. I can't think of anything I have done that could buckle the wheel. And indeed, cause destructive corrosion.

Has anyone else had loss of pressure due to corrosion?:disapprove:

Big Gordy
4th October 2005, 05:51 AM
Sleepy, I have take my alloys off every winter since 03 and put my steelies on from December through to about April. I store them in the loft above my garage and they have never shown any of the symptoms you describe:eek: I give then a good wash and a polish and just stick them up there. Come sping I just bring them down a put them on. Don't think I've even had to put air in them after 3 months up there. Very strange..........:blackeye: :p:D:approve:

weefozzy Jr
4th October 2005, 07:24 AM
yeah i had a problem with loss of pressure. all they did was put a alloy wheel glue on it pumped it up to extreme pressures then put it on my car. never had any bother since.