PDA

View Full Version : anyone any idea?

jayex
2nd October 2005, 06:36 AM
Was wondering if anyone can help or has any idea why this would happen? went to Ikea today( but even more worrying than that):clown:, locked up my car as usual but when i returned to it an hour later the driver and the passanger windows were fully down and my sunroof was open :eek: def were not open when i left it- strange and worrying :disapprove:

minidriver#1
2nd October 2005, 06:40 AM
i heard of this happened in the early models but i didnt think it was still an issue. This has been reported before but i'm not sure what the solution was other than to do back to the garage, something to do with software i think it was.

GAJ
2nd October 2005, 07:03 AM
Was it raining? I've heard of similar problems due to water ingress into the ECU.

sh@z
2nd October 2005, 07:03 AM
yeah i think this was a software issue, and you should get it back to the garage to try and get it sorted.

macblob
2nd October 2005, 07:07 AM
I had a thing similar on my early model cooper, central locking unlocked and locked itself, was found to be a dodgy door catch.

Mini Me
2nd October 2005, 07:17 AM
Your car needs a new BC1 control unit.Was quite a common fault last couple of years. Water ingress causing the unit to open all windows and sunroof......
They have now changed this unit, so book it in for a new un :p

sleepyrascal
2nd October 2005, 07:52 AM
how pleasant... it rains, and the MINI in all its wisdom wants to open the sunroof!! NICE!

aimee_s
2nd October 2005, 08:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

how pleasant... it rains, and the MINI in all its wisdom wants to open the sunroof!! NICE!

lol

monkimagic
2nd October 2005, 11:37 AM
We had this, it was a two minute job, they took the care in run a diagnostic and corrected it, nothing too major cant even remember what the problem was.

Monki

I have heard that other manufacurers have problems with interference from Mobile masts

I Want A Works
2nd October 2005, 04:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by jayex

Was wondering if anyone can help or has any idea why this would happen? went to Ikea today( but even more worrying than that):clown:, locked up my car as usual but when i returned to it an hour later the driver and the passanger windows were fully down and my sunroof was open :eek: def were not open when i left it- strange and worrying :disapprove:

You sure that the car didn't have a wee mind of its own and think
"I've been taken to IKEA, therefore they will be buying sone large iten of furniture that will require part of it to be stuck out the roof, and part stuck out the window! I'll save them the bother of opening them when they get back......."

Big Col
2nd October 2005, 06:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

You sure that the car didn't have a wee mind of its own and think
"I've been taken to IKEA, therefore...

Or more likely:

"I've been taken to IKEA, therefore I don't want to live anymore so I hope it rains and I can drown myself." ;)