PDA

View Full Version : mini meets2, Fri 4th Nov

N12 JLK
1st October 2005, 07:30 AM
Great night had by all so i thought we could make it a regular thing as the dark night and pants weather is now upon us. I liked the Brewers Fayre in Stirling.Meet at 7pm for a look at the mota's then meal for 7:30pm same as last night out. but suggestions please from participants if this doesnt suit. Please forward your names and i will add to list . I will start it off then.:)

HAVE NOW BOOKED THE BEANCROSS FARM FOR 7:30/ 7:45 HOPE A NON-SMOKING TABLES OK FOR EVERYONE. BOOKED IT FOR 17 BUT CAN ADD TO THAT IF NEED-BE

BEANCROSS FARM
POLMONT
FALKIRK

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/MAP.gif

WHOS GOING

1= LESLEY AND JASON (CONFIRMED)
2= ANDYP AND LENORE (CONFIRMED)
3= FIONA AND ALAN (CONFIRMED)
4= CRAIG AND JUDE (CONFIRMED)
5= MARKYC (CONFIRMED)
6= GAJ AND H (CONFIRMED)
7= MINIME (SMIRNOFF ICE PLEASE)
8= CROMBERS (CONFIRMED)
9= VIALA AND ARCHIE (CONFIRMED)
10= DUNCAN AND HELEN
11= MONTHEFISH (maybe)[/color]

Scottie
1st October 2005, 07:34 AM
put our names down please.

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2005, 08:29 AM
Put our names down please.

Location suggestion: Brewers Fayre at Ratho Park Kirknewton on A71 just outside Edinburgh. We have never eaten there but if its the same as Brewers Fayre in Stirling it should be fine.

Craig
1st October 2005, 05:56 PM
Ah go on go on go on.....:D

Stick me and Jude down for this one also...

Craig

GAJ
1st October 2005, 09:50 PM
Stick H and I down too please!

markyc
2nd October 2005, 05:52 PM
Me to, me to, me to :D:D

Another good night to look forward to :p:)

Wonder if we'll see any other closet Smirnoff Ice drinkers there :eek:;)

MORNIN JASON !!!!! Have you got a wee sore head this morning :dead::clown: Hopefully Lesley is giving you NO sympathy what so ever :eek:;)

N12 JLK
2nd October 2005, 06:37 PM
words cant describe how i feel today, burst bag comes to thought!. 5 hours sleep , feel like putting my head down the loo, oh well another successful night on the toon.:dead:

Mini Me
2nd October 2005, 06:52 PM
If i can get a sitter, i will deffo be there....:p

AndyP & Lenore
2nd October 2005, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

If i can get a sitter, i will deffo be there....:p

Sounds like I will need to fight you for the Smirnoff Ice:D:blackeye::D:blackeye:

Crombers
3rd October 2005, 06:36 PM
Smirnoff Ice pah! , couple of nances

Stick me down for this one , chat should be really good what with it being just one week pre the superb Mothership run :approve:

DerekM
3rd October 2005, 11:58 PM
Pencil us in please - Karen & Derek.

We should have our new MCSC by then :)

Smurf
4th October 2005, 12:51 AM
Will need to speak to the other half, but we could maybe be talked into this too. :D

Do you reckon it will be at the Pirnhall Inn again?

Craig - what was that place called that you took us to after the Clan's rolling road session in Feb - just off the big roundabout between Bo'ness/Grangemouth and Falkirk?? :question:
Similar sort of idea to the Brewer's Fayre, and it was nice in there too.

Only a suggestion..... I liked the Pirnhall Inn too.

Scottie
4th October 2005, 12:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Will need to speak to the other half, but we could maybe be talked into this too. :D

Do you reckon it will be at the Pirnhall Inn again?

Craig - what was that place called that you took us to after the Clan's rolling road session in Feb - just off the big roundabout between Bo'ness/Grangemouth and Falkirk?? :question:
Similar sort of idea to the Brewer's Fayre, and it was nice in there too.

Only a suggestion..... I liked the Pirnhall Inn too.

it's the Cadgers brae I think (the old klondyke place)

or we could go the River House @ Stirling nice there and different.

location is lovely at the foot of stirling castle
and plenty parking.

DerekM
4th October 2005, 01:16 AM
Just realised it's Bonfire weekend. That being the case, I'm afraid we wont be going - don't want to leave the dogs in on their own as fireworks are set off all night long!

Craig
4th October 2005, 01:31 AM
Vaila........... it was Beancross Farm, very nice food :D and a big selection. The car park is big also....:cool:

They do get very busy on a Friday night though, not sure if they would take a booking for that many people..... we can only ask though..;)

Scottie
4th October 2005, 02:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Vaila........... it was Beancross Farm, very nice food :D and a big selection. The car park is big also....:cool:

They do get very busy on a Friday night though, not sure if they would take a booking for that many people..... we can only ask though..;)

hey I know someone that knows someone that ;);) for the beancross ;)

markyc
4th October 2005, 02:52 AM
We would need to check to make sure they sell Smirnoff Ice for the 'other drinkers' :eek::eek::eek::D;)

AndyP & Lenore
4th October 2005, 03:15 AM
Lesley and Jason

Isn't the Brewers Fayre Stirling and the Pirnhill Inn the same place:question:

Just noticed on your Places To Go section you are listing them seperatly.:)

N12 JLK
4th October 2005, 04:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Lesley and Jason

OOPS NEED TO STAY OF THE RED WINE:clown:

AndyP & Lenore
4th October 2005, 04:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Lesley and Jason

OOPS NEED TO STAY OF THE RED WINE:clown:

Suggest you try Smirnoff Ice.....:D;):D

Duncan Stewart
4th October 2005, 04:43 AM
Sounds good. Helen and I should be able to make this one :D

AndyP & Lenore
4th October 2005, 05:06 AM
Got the ULTIMATE venue!!!!

Imperial Pallace Chinese Restaraunt, Uphall Station, Livingston. Bit of a dodgy area, but the buffet restaurant is fantastic. And at £9.95 "All you can eat" it's a bargain.:D:D:approve:

'Course, it's not much use if anyone doesn't like Chinese food.:disapprove:

N12 JLK
5th October 2005, 02:40 AM

Got the ULTIMATE venue!!!!

Imperial Pallace Chinese Restaraunt, Uphall Station, Livingston. Bit of a dodgy area, but the buffet restaurant is fantastic. And at £9.95 "All you can eat" it's a bargain.:D:D:approve:

'Course, it's not much use if anyone doesn't like Chinese food.:disapprove:

Mmmm dodgy area 20 new minis lots of cash sitting sounds good:D I will add to list

Mon the fish
6th October 2005, 05:19 AM
Put me down as a maybe, trying to convince the g/f to go :p

The chinese in Livingston is just round the corner from my work, not too dodgy an area, I can go and find out details if anyone wants me to? I've never been to the place itself, but I'll ask some of my staff, sure some of them will have been.

Clare1
9th October 2005, 08:46 PM
Damn!!!

Would have went to this one for a bit of banter and a few bevvies (and to make sure minime behaves and keeps his good reputation:eek: hehe) but unfortunately i'll be sipping sangria and sunning myself in Tenerife!!!! :):p:D;)

Maybe next time....:)

N12 JLK
10th October 2005, 12:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Damn!!!

Would have went to this one for a bit of banter and a few bevvies (and to make sure minime behaves and keeps his good reputation:eek: hehe) but unfortunately i'll be sipping sangria and sunning myself in Tenerife!!!! :):p:D;)

Maybe next time....:)

GIT!:cool:

markyc
10th October 2005, 06:25 AM
Clare how big is the apartment your going to :question: i'm sure we could get cheap flights to pop out for a bit of the sun, some grub, a blether and a few beers :question::question::eek::D;)

AndyP & Lenore
10th October 2005, 06:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Clare how big is the apartment your going to :question: i'm sure we could get cheap flights to pop out for a bit of the sun, some grub, a blether and a few beers :question::question::eek::D;)

I'm pretty sure Scottiecoop has some going spare :eek::D;).

Scottie
10th October 2005, 06:48 AM

quote:Originally posted by markyc

I'm pretty sure Scottiecoop has some going spare :eek::D;).

Funny that I do have two tickets spare to Tenerife this coming Friday 7am flight only thing is the tickets are in our names :(

Clare1
10th October 2005, 06:25 PM
That would be some MINI adventure....all the way to tenerife!!!! lol

AndyP & Lenore
11th October 2005, 01:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

Put me down as a maybe, trying to convince the g/f to go :p

The chinese in Livingston is just round the corner from my work, not too dodgy an area, I can go and find out details if anyone wants me to? I've never been to the place itself, but I'll ask some of my staff, sure some of them will have been.

Did you speak to your staff? Would be interested to hear what they think of the area. The restaurant is excellent - great food, great service - I'm just not sure about the locale:I:question::I

Scottie
11th October 2005, 03:00 AM
guys don't make the eating place to far away remember I've got to travel from Inverness:( can't have a half day every time we meet up:( best I can do is leave Inverness at 3pm:D

Smurf
11th October 2005, 03:23 AM
Sorry to say it, but Chinese buffets aren't usually that great for veggies.......
"You can learn to eat meat, or have the ONE dish we decide not to put any in....."

However, if that's where we're going...... then that's where we're going! :D I could probably get something off the main menu.

Mon the fish
11th October 2005, 04:58 AM

Did you speak to your staff? Would be interested to hear what they think of the area. The restaurant is excellent - great food, great service - I'm just not sure about the locale:I:question::I

Spoke to a couple, they haven't been to this one, but there's one not far (couple of mins) called Fuyama or something like that, seems to get good recommendations. I'll ask some more tomorrow, someone must have been to the Imperial Palace! :p

Scottie
11th October 2005, 05:05 AM
well my vote would be the BeanCross Grangemouth:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
11th October 2005, 07:40 AM
Lesley, you have mail...

Smurf
11th October 2005, 03:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

well my vote would be the BeanCross Grangemouth:cool:

I'm with you on that one, Fe!! :D

Mon the fish
12th October 2005, 01:17 AM
Right, Livi Chinese update.

None of my guys have been to the Imperial Palace, although have confirmed that the area is OK. Other Chinese (is the plural the same, like sheep? Just wondered) in the area (Deans etc) have been recommended but...

I work in Livi, but live in Falkirk. And therefore the Beancross gets my vote too :D

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2005, 01:36 AM
We would prefer the Edinburgh area (as we live in Galashiels - 40 mins from Edinburgh) but we will go with whatever the majority decide.

Scottie
12th October 2005, 05:22 AM

We would prefer the Edinburgh area (as we live in Galashiels - 40 mins from Edinburgh) but we will go with whatever the majority decide.

I can beat that;) 3 hours travel time for me:(

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2005, 05:55 AM

What time do you start work on the Saturday morning?;);)

Scottie
12th October 2005, 06:01 AM

What time do you start work on the Saturday morning?;);)

:)no:kiss: but I've still got to the venue for the Friday evening:approve:

N12 JLK
14th October 2005, 11:44 PM
THE BEANCROSS IN GRANGEMOUTHS WINNING AT THE MOMENT ANYMORE VOTES :p

Smurf
15th October 2005, 01:00 AM
Aready voted for my choice! :D
Can you stick us down as a "confirmed" now? Thank you!!

Looking forward to it already!

Craig
15th October 2005, 08:33 PM
just back from hols, I vote for the Beancross also. Andy - it's only 10 mins from the bypass for you the way lenore drives..:eek:;):approve:

AndyP & Lenore
16th October 2005, 05:12 AM

just back from hols, I vote for the Beancross also. Andy - it's only 10 mins from the bypass for you the way lenore drives..:eek:;):approve:

True, but I may not let Lenore drive that night. ;):eek::eek:;)

N12 JLK
18th October 2005, 04:45 AM
I will book the meal next Monday so get voting if you dont want to go to the Beancross Farm, for those who've been before is the ordering of the food like the Brewers fayre we were at last:question:
Never know Minime may have me new bits for the car for when we see you all!:)

N12 JLK
18th October 2005, 04:46 AM
Andyp and Lenore you have mail

AndyP & Lenore
18th October 2005, 05:32 AM

Andyp and Lenore you have mail

We are at work just now, will check when we get home.

Cheers

Craig
18th October 2005, 03:34 PM

I will book the meal next Monday so get voting if you dont want to go to the Beancross Farm, for those who've been before is the ordering of the food like the Brewers fayre we were at last:question:

It's like a normal restaurant - you pay at the end of the meal for the table...;)

AndyP & Lenore
19th October 2005, 04:25 AM

It's like a normal restaurant - you pay at the end of the meal for the table...;)

So, all we need to do is get Alan to leave his credit card open again at the bar and we can all get a free meal.:D;):D

N12 JLK
19th October 2005, 04:31 AM
I know from the last meal most people felt the best way to pay was as couples when ordering the food at the bar , I take thats whats happening again, or do we have a tab for 20 folk and do a runner at the and of the night!!:clown:

AndyP & Lenore
19th October 2005, 04:35 AM

I know from the last meal most people felt the best way to pay was as couples when ordering the food at the bar , I take thats whats happening again, or do we have a tab for 20 folk and do a runner at the and of the night!!:clown:

We think the best way to pay is for each couple to order and pay for their own (just our opinion though).:D

Craig
19th October 2005, 04:43 AM
We think the best way to pay is for each couple to order and pay for their own (just our opinion though).:D
[/quote]

seconded by Craig and Jude - much easier and stops any "problems" ;)

N12 JLK
19th October 2005, 04:45 AM

Hav'nt been on much craig ,been on holiday hows things:question:

Craig
19th October 2005, 04:56 AM
yeah - on the caledonian canal last week - fan blooming tastic:D:D

back to work with a bump mind..:(

looking forward to another nite oot though... Got my Cooper S Filler cap done before going on holiday, I think it looks well nice..:approve:

N12 JLK
19th October 2005, 04:59 AM
side skirts going on on Friday , cant wait

Smurf
19th October 2005, 05:58 AM
I'm sure the Beancross can cope with us sitting at the one table, but ordering in pairs / singles / family groups / whatever.
We'd need to make it clear before we started though!!
:D

Mini Me
20th October 2005, 03:19 AM
struugling wi a sitter[v]

N12 JLK
20th October 2005, 05:24 AM
ahh come youself for a wee hour or two no excuses:clown:

Mini Me
23rd October 2005, 06:18 PM

ahh come youself for a wee hour or two no excuses:clown:

NNNAAAAEEEEEEEE Chance.....:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove::di sapprove::disapprove: Now that i'm going to Aspen,i aint gettin oot on ma own........:(
I will see if young Clare will come and lower the tone for Menzies ;):D

Clare1
23rd October 2005, 08:46 PM
Iain, incase you have forgotten - IM IN TENERIFE then. :D
Sipping my Sangria in the Sun!! :p:);)

Would prob be best if you didnt go, one Smirnoff Ice too many could ruin your nice (cough) reputation!!! lol

Maybe we could both go to the next one...if your allowed out! :eek:

N12 JLK
23rd October 2005, 11:54 PM
see first post for info on the venue for the night ect:)

AndyP & Lenore
24th October 2005, 07:35 AM
non smoking is fine and dandy with Lenore and I. :)

Duncan Stewart
27th October 2005, 04:38 PM
Not gonna make it now :( Sorry!

N12 JLK
28th October 2005, 04:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Not gonna make it now :( Sorry!

Not to worry:)

Scottie
2nd November 2005, 07:00 AM
Not long now:D Manage to give myself a half day this Friday:approve:

Will be Allan's Mini first run the long awaited collection is this Friday:D:D

Craig
2nd November 2005, 07:04 AM
Cool, can't wait to see it:D Are you picking it up in the afternoon, might pop by Menzies on Fri for a wee lookie see in the daylight if that is OK with you ? ?

Scottie
2nd November 2005, 07:07 AM

Cool, can't wait to see it:D Are you picking it up in the afternoon, might pop by Menzies on Fri for a wee lookie see in the daylight if that is OK with you ? ?

yeh no probs picking it up Friday afternoon. Check out the JCW exhaust they say that it is a bit louder when one is fitted to a non JCW car looking forward to hearing it. Posting some interior Carbon Fiber bits down tomorrow to be fitted you can check the job out first.;):cool:

Craig
2nd November 2005, 07:09 AM
Cool, hope it's dry on Friday so that I can see the colour in the daylight, not seen one yet in the sunshine:D See you on Friday night if I don't bump into you in the afternoon.;)

Scottie
2nd November 2005, 07:29 AM
got the menu from beancross at work. anyone wanting to see it I'll scan it tomorrow and post up. Been looking at it the last couple of days. yummy:D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd November 2005, 08:18 AM

got the menu from beancross at work. anyone wanting to see it I'll scan it tomorrow and post up. Been looking at it the last couple of days. yummy:D

We wouldn't mind seeing that. Can you post it up:question:

Can't wait to see your new MINI on Friday and hear that exhaust.:D

Crombers
2nd November 2005, 10:55 PM
Is anybody meeting up at Stirling Services beforehand :question:

Craig
3rd November 2005, 02:36 AM
we can do, think MarkyC could do also - say about 18:45hrs??

Smurf
3rd November 2005, 04:13 PM
Archie and I will meet you there too.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd November 2005, 05:25 PM
Fe, any luck wih scanning the menu in:question:

Smurf
3rd November 2005, 05:30 PM
Go here -
http://www.beancross.com/directory.html
and then click on the cutlery photo at the left hand side.
Menu will pop up! :D
(mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Scottie
3rd November 2005, 05:47 PM

I'll be there.:D

Crombers
3rd November 2005, 06:36 PM

OK troops see ya all at the Services :approve:

Smurf
5th November 2005, 02:07 AM
Sorry, but we may have to meet you at Beancross tonight.
Sky guy hasn't turned up yet (supposed to be between 2 and 5).

But we'll try to make it for 7.30 for dinner as planned, even if we don't make it to Stirling services for 6.45.

Vaila and Archie.

GAJ
5th November 2005, 02:17 AM
Neither Heather nor I will be there, soz!

Craig
5th November 2005, 08:10 AM
Another great night out :D:D

met Mon the fish (and girlfriend who's name escapes me at the mo, sorry:I), nice to see you, hope you enjoy oxford :(

Andy, stick to selling coke and revels, than trying to woo the ladies ;) (no blonde references pllleeease!)

Food was great and we managed to make a new contact, who just happens to be the manager of another MINI dealer.:D Vaila provided the flyer, so hopefully there will be discounts from more than one dealer now!!

Craig

PS - all those going on the Oxford Run, enjoy yourselves and bring me back a pressie ;) - I SOOOOOO wish I was going (but my run next year will be better naw naw ne naw naw :p)

AndyP & Lenore
5th November 2005, 09:13 AM
Excellent night out.:D Great venue and food.:D Thanks again to Lesley and Jason for organising.;)

Nice to meet Mon The Fish (Gordon) & girlfriend.:D Sorry again about the blonde slip-of-the-tongue. Lenore is used to it, but I should have remembered I was sandwiched between two blondes before having a crack. I'm sure if you knew me better you'd have bent my ear.;)

Craig, hope Jude feels better soon.

MarkyC - that system is a cracker!!!!:D:D:D;)

Smurf
5th November 2005, 06:42 PM
We had a great night too - thanks again to Lesley and Jason for organising.
Lesley - hope you feel better soon, and Jude too.

Since I provided the flyer, does that mean I get first dibs on the freebies????? :D:D:D:D
(mmmmmm shiney go faster bits......)

Great to see you all again.
And for those of you who got the first bit of the Sky story - it's STILL not fitted..... :evil:
Supposed to get a phone call 8.15 this morning - nothing.....
Archie phoned customer services, and after half an hour fighting with the wee tw@t on the other end, got to speak to his manager, who has booked us in for tomorrow...........:evil::mad::evil::mad:

Watch this space......

Mini Me
5th November 2005, 11:09 PM

we managed to make a new contact, who just happens to be the manager of another MINI dealer.:D Vaila provided the flyer, so hopefully there will be discounts from more than one dealer now!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:WHO, WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHERE.................name ,names Mr D....

What did i miss :eek::blackeye::blackeye::dead::disapprove::(

Mini Me
6th November 2005, 12:33 AM
Ok, i am now calm ....It was oor Vikki from Eastern,what slander can i give you ?????
None, very,very nice young lady so i will now expect a wee bit of competition:p[P]....

Although she is just a little better looking than me [v][v]

AndyP & Lenore
6th November 2005, 01:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime
Although she is just a little better looking than me [v][v]

She certainly had more hair than you. ;););):D

N12 JLK
6th November 2005, 04:36 AM
thanks to all who attended, great night , good food and company see you all again soon. Andy need to get family size bags of minstrels in for the film next month. Nice to see Mon-the-fish and partner in the flesh. Nice new black S Andy hope you gave Fiona into troube for wellying it out the car park!:):):):)

Scottie
6th November 2005, 05:43 AM

Nice new black S Andy hope you gave Fiona into troube for wellying it out the car park!:):):):)

oops Mr ScottieCoop aka ALLAN;)
funny you should mention the wellying bit he was mad I hit 5000 rpm oops:I:p trouble is I'm used to driving my works what can I say :D

but worse was to come not two minutes on the road and I crunched the gears:eek::eek::I he was wanting me to stop so he could go back and find sixth gear on the road.

Another great noght out and got to say the food was yummy.

Lesley/Jason now need a Christmas night:cool: with all the trimmings.

N12 JLK
6th November 2005, 04:42 PM
Sorry cant think why i wrote Andy when i knew it was Allan, maybe still in decorating mode:clown:.Wasnt going to do a meet in December as Craig had organised his run to the pictures with a meal also with all the works nights out Lesleys out on the 2nd and Jason on the 3rd . Are you disappointed:disapprove:

Crombers
7th November 2005, 06:57 PM
Great night , good food & company.

Alan , your new MINI looks braw & love that reg number.

Andy , comment of the night mate , the look on the lassies face was superb (dig a hole indeed) he he ;)

Would still like to meet up between Xmas & New Year for a bite if we have the interest :p

Crombers
7th November 2005, 07:25 PM
Oops nearly forgot :I:clown:

Thanks for the K&N Craig , will attempt to fit pre Oxford

Craig
8th November 2005, 02:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Oops nearly forgot :I:clown:

Thanks for the K&N Craig , will attempt to fit pre Oxford

No Probs Allan, let me know about your PC requirements also when your looking at buying. Enjoy Oxford:D :(:(