PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav PDA users! A question

The Dogfather
29th September 2005, 04:39 PM
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible for Pocket PC or Palm to play MP3s whilst running the sat nav software?

Rather than taking two devices into the car I wondered whether a PDA armed with a huge memory card could do the job of my IPOD whilst also delivering Sat Nav instructions.

Cheers!

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 04:43 PM
If Tom Tom is running I dont think you will be able to run media player in the background. You can have a shot of my tom tom setup if you want to have a play and see if it meets your requirements.

The Dogfather
29th September 2005, 05:25 PM
MS - Have you got a PDA Tom Tom or the bespoke Tom Tom unit?

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 05:33 PM
I have Tom Tom 5 Europe Plus running on a PDA. It has speed camera databases and custom voices installed and a few other add ons. If I had the bespoke Tom Tom unit you wouldnt be running MP3's on it ;)

The Dogfather
29th September 2005, 05:42 PM
Doh, re-read your post! Is it a Pocket PC or a Palm, I was looking at the Lifedrive Palm

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 05:44 PM
Its a Pocket PC, send me an email with your work address on it and Ill send you the spec ;)

The Dogfather
29th September 2005, 05:52 PM
Final question, if I get a PDA with Tom Tom 5 will I be able to import the addresses? (LPG Garages)

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 05:55 PM
I have a whole list of POI (points of interest) - I am sure you can create one for LPG stations (it has ones for Shell Petrol Stations, Mc Donalds etc etc).

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 05:58 PM
Here you go (http://www.tomtom.com/support/ce/support/nav_poi.php#poi3) Looks pretty straightforward if you have coordinates. Might find that someone has already done one anyway - Ill have a look

euan
29th September 2005, 06:00 PM
I quite want one of these but all my cash has had to be diverted to the work in the house (do you know how much a new boiler costs?!?)

Anyway, round our way there have been a load of folk having their car broken into to take the Sat Nav - so just remember to take it with you!! (and they have also been breaking in and looking into the glove box and under the seats if they see the cradle in case you were too lazy to take it with you)

Thieving gits. GET A JOB!!!!

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 06:00 PM
You could dump the existing petrol station ones - and remove the ones that dont do LPG, that should work, but would be a bit of work. Or you can just enter them direct into Tom Tom.

The Dogfather
29th September 2005, 06:05 PM
I've got an list with full address and post codes, opening times etc. from the LPGA website:D