PDA

View Full Version : Fragile Nano?

Big Col
29th September 2005, 04:26 PM
Anyone owning a Nano should be careful not to sit on it!

http://www.itn.co.uk/news/1844627.html

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 04:28 PM
At least according to the press this time round Apple seem to be being a bit more sensible about warrenty issues and replacements. Still be really annoying if you had one that went dodgy

Big Col
29th September 2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah I've not even tried to get my mini i-pod battery fixed.

Here...does anyone know somewhere in the UK that repairs i-pods by the way?

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 05:17 PM
If its just changing the battery then its pretty easy (http://www.macuser.co.uk/macuser/news/64834/ipod-repair-and-upgrade-service-launches-in-uk.html) ;). You can get the batteries off ebay for a reasonable price. I have done Ipods from 1st to 4th Gen, it isnt too hard. If its something else then my mate used these people (http://www.ukipodrepairs.com/)

Wul
29th September 2005, 05:17 PM
Col - theres loads of threads on www.ipodlounge.com about where to get the battery's and do it yourself!! :)

GAJ
29th September 2005, 05:23 PM
I've changed batteries in iPods but never in the mini iPod; how do you get into it?

Big Col
29th September 2005, 05:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I've changed batteries in iPods but never in the mini iPod; how do you get into it?

That's where I'm struggling mate.

The i-pod repair isn't for this though Wul, it's for a mate who's hard drive has bust. :)

The Dogfather
29th September 2005, 05:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Tin opener? Hammer a flat head screwdriver?

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 05:29 PM
Fitting Ipod Mini Battery (http://www.ipoddoctor.co.uk/pdfs/ipod_mini_fitting72.pdf) Not done one yet - but doesnt look too bad

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 05:31 PM
That site I gave you charge £120 quid for a 20 GB hard drive installed. Sometimes you are better getting a damaged ipod off ebay and ripping the hard drive out of that , done that once and it worked a treat. Cost me 30 quid ;)

Big Col
29th September 2005, 05:52 PM
Hey that's no a bad idea MS. I'll pass that on to him! Cheers mate. Thanks also for the link. :)

Wul
29th September 2005, 06:16 PM
Here Col.....you really are getting far too polite these days!! :p

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 06:17 PM
I know Wul I was thinking that myself, I have only just realised that he has removed his sig tag line as well - is this a new look Big Col ( I dont mean he gets his clothes from New Look) or is it an imposter????

Scottie
29th September 2005, 06:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Here Col.....you really are getting far too polite these days!! :p

I think it nice just shows you what a pleasant well mannered young man that he is.:p:blackeye:;)

Big Col
29th September 2005, 06:38 PM
Awwww shucks Fi. :I:)

As for you pant sniffing mod monkeys I've always been nice and polite! Just because I'm a heckler doesn't mean I have to be rude. :)

As for the sig line...I honestly never even knew I had one. What was it:question:

Gismo
29th September 2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah, he even thought one of my sarky remarks in another forum was good :evil: so, who ever you are, please release the real Big Col ;):p:D

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 06:42 PM
I thought it used to say the bit about pedantic barsteward - but I think I dreamt it ;)

Big Col
29th September 2005, 06:55 PM
Awww fur fek sake stumpy you can gerrit right round ye as well! :evil:;)

As for the pedantic barsteward, I never noticed it had gone but I see it's back. :)

Actually I haven't been pedantic for a while...I'll have to pay more attention. :p

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 07:02 PM
LOL, I thought it said it below your posts where my sig is - but I think I imagined that ;)

Gismo
29th September 2005, 07:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Awww fur fek sake stumpy you can gerrit right round ye as well! :evil:;)
I musta scared the bad guys away 8) welcome back Col :p plus, i'm with MS, you used to have a siggy, under where you post

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 07:22 PM
Few good to have you back Col ;)

The Dogfather
29th September 2005, 07:30 PM
Nah, he's still a soft sh*te compared to the old BC, I mean when was the last fight thread:question:

Looks like I'm the only real trouble maker left, and a pint sized one at that :evil:

john
29th September 2005, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Nah, he's still a soft sh*te compared to the old BC, I mean when was the last fight thread:question:

Looks like I'm the only real trouble maker left, and a pint sized one at that :evil:

Half pint!!:D

The Dogfather
29th September 2005, 07:34 PM
I reckon BC stopped being pedantic because Kinghorn and Roaster joined. He'd have his work cut out there!

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 07:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by john
Half pint!!:D

LOL ;):cool::D

Big Col
29th September 2005, 08:21 PM
You're not a trouble maker BD. You're just an @rsehole. :)

The Dogfather
29th September 2005, 08:24 PM

You're not a trouble maker BD. You're just an @rsehole. :)

That's more like it ya lanky streak o pish!

Wul
30th September 2005, 03:35 PM
See - that's what we wanted to see Col - I knew that post would snap you out your trance!! :p

Big Col
30th September 2005, 03:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Few good to have you back Col ;)

and as I was going to say yesterday before the site went down, I assume you mean "Phew" not "Few" MS. :D

The Dogfather
30th September 2005, 03:56 PM
Pedantic Barsteward by name, and once again Pedantic Barsteward by nature :D

MartinSullivan
30th September 2005, 04:20 PM
It was a test Col, to see if you were going to pick up on it ;) You passed with flying colours :D

Burple
30th September 2005, 06:09 PM
quote:

Oi!!! Just cos I've been busy this week.. don't get comfy short@rse!! :cool::cool::p:p

:D

Big Col
30th September 2005, 06:44 PM
He's got a point BDM. He's just as much of an @rsehole as you are! :D

Burple
30th September 2005, 07:09 PM
He's got a point BDM. He's just as much of an @rsehole as you are! :D

You wantin' yer peas used for a speedball punchbag ya lanky chimp?? :blackeye::p:p:p:D:D:D

sleepyrascal
1st October 2005, 07:56 AM
My Nanao is fine. I cant say it feels fragile or poorly made. It's very slik!!