PDA

View Full Version : Play in steering when cornering over bumps

T6 KFR
29th September 2005, 03:46 AM
Right, its hard to explain and maybe its nothing but my paranoid mind:disapprove:, however Ive noticed when going over bumps and cornering at same time my steering feels lighter than when turning on a flat road....isit me or does it sound like something wrong....

Similar happened to my last car and it was wheel bearing is i remember right (but there is no whinning when driving)

Mart sure you may have an answer for me.:)

Mon the fish
29th September 2005, 03:49 AM
Grass incident maybe?

Sorry, but I had to be the first:p

Craig
29th September 2005, 03:58 AM
I have had this before (not on my mini I might add). The problem with mine was worn dampers (ie past their sell by date). They were not working properly, therefore the tyres were not staying on the ground ie bouncing, thus the light steering...

Hope you get it fixed, not nice coming up to the winter months with this as you need all the feel in the steering..

Craig

T6 KFR
29th September 2005, 04:07 AM
Nope , the grass incident has nothing to do with it:)....it was like that before.

monkimagic
2nd October 2005, 03:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Nope , the grass incident has nothing to do with it:)....it was like that before.

This is the excuse for the grass incident ;)

T6 KFR
2nd October 2005, 07:37 PM
Well guys:D, JC's say there is nothing wrong so it must be me 8)

Oh well, sure i feel somethink. Must be a worried mini lover that doesnt want anythiung to go wrong with his car.

:cool:

hogg88
3rd October 2005, 03:31 AM
I've had this problem, if i remember it was something to do with me being airborne ;)

Hope you find the fault.

AndyP & Lenore
4th October 2005, 04:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by hogg88

I've had this problem, if i remember it was something to do with me being airborne ;)

Hope you find the fault.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Duncan Stewart
7th October 2005, 04:07 PM
Going round bumpy corners your steering will feel a bit lighter after you hit a bump as the weight lifts of the tyres resulting in less grip. This is more noticeable in a car with stiff suspension like a Mini. I have to be careful on several corners on my way to work where big bumps in them make the car bounce up and lose grip.
I think your Mini is OK and this is just normal.