PDA

View Full Version : AeroKit mod question

mgemie
26th September 2005, 08:24 PM
I'm considering the BMW/MINI Aerokit but since my ONE has a Blueflame twin exit MCS exhuast i'm left pondering. The reason for this is i'm wondering if it'd be possible to modify the rear aerokit apron to suit this exhuast (two exits - one either side). Dealers / MINI peeps - any ideas?

The Dogfather
26th September 2005, 10:55 PM
I think Alan had a similar problem with Millie, he ended up swaping his exhaust for a single exit one.

Gismo
26th September 2005, 11:26 PM
You have a ONE, with an MCS exhaust, albeit the exhaust is not a standard centre exit, so, no matter which aero kit you go for, the ONE or the MCS the exhaust will not line up correctly, as you know
So, i had a similar problem, but, decided on the Janspeed centre exit route for my S and removed my quad outlet and installed the S aero kit rear bumper.
Main reason, the kit simply would not look right if it was cut to allow the "odd" exhuast outlets
It can be done, but in my opinion would not look right, you would have to cut the rear part up into the recess where the sticker goes. I thought about running a piece of rubber along the cut edge to "finish" it off but dismissed it, but, it's your choice, good luck