PDA

View Full Version : Graham's Probe

I Want A Works
26th September 2005, 10:00 AM
Yes I finally went out to look at the Probe today, and managed to get it for less than book, whick considering they originally wanted 150% of book price to start......

Now it's only a 2.5 24v V6 that only produces 160BHP, so I need to look for some chips for it and ways of making it faster!!!!:D Any suppliers that you know of, nuch appreciated!

Ah well that is me now got a third car the will keep Scottiecoop's employers in business!

The Dogfather
26th September 2005, 04:49 PM
I doubt you'll get that much extra out of it by chipping, my 2.6 V6 Omega produces about 170 and slightly less when its on gas. Mind you the engine might be the same as the X Type Jag and that puts out 194 bhp.

You might want to think about improving traction rather than output, lowering it would reduce wheelspin as there would be less weight transfer, wider better tyres would also help. The bonus would be better handling as well. I'm seriously considering that for the Omega although I waiting because I would have to change insurance companies.

john
26th September 2005, 06:59 PM
You might consider trading it in for a works mini to match your log-in name;) (finally):)

MartinSullivan
26th September 2005, 07:01 PM
Ive got to agree with John, that would be the best performance modification you could do to it ;)

euan
26th September 2005, 07:25 PM
OUCH! ;)

Scottie
26th September 2005, 07:51 PM
any pictures??

I Want A Works
26th September 2005, 08:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

You might consider trading it in for a works mini to match your log-in name;) (finally):)

Yeah, but if I ever do get a works, I'll have to change my name, so it is an easier option just buying old cars! :D
But I've already ahd the GF on at us about the "I thought you wanted a MINI...."

No pics yet Scottie, but I'll be getting it on Friday or Saturday, so will post a few pics ASAP after that (and after I get a coat or 2 of AUTO-GLYM on it :cool:)

sleepyrascal
26th September 2005, 10:37 PM
GRAHAM! You have just bough a bag of nails.

edit: ok so it might be ok for the money. But you must get rid of those horrid standard alloys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

euan
27th September 2005, 01:25 AM
Was it the probe that came with standard alloys that looked like walnut whips?

The Dogfather
27th September 2005, 01:36 AM
Oh bugger, I was thinking of the Cougar not the Probe. Me no like :(

It's the yank style interior that lets it down......

sleepyrascal
27th September 2005, 02:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

yes

I Want A Works
27th September 2005, 09:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

The 2.0 came with 3 spoke alloys that, yes looked like Walnut whips! The 2.5 V6 on the other hand has 5 spoke alloys that...........
......well that look slightly better.

BDM - OK the interior of the car, and the overall look, is a bit yank, as I found out when the wipers started when I tried to indicate (but that is, I think, a throw back from the fact is is a MX6 in disguise) but all I'm after is a car for some fun, and I'll probably sell it within the year. I own a Renault Laguna after all, so you canna say I go for bonnie card:D

Did looky at an LPG conversion for it, but a quote near 4 times what the car is worth!

The Dogfather
27th September 2005, 03:47 PM
What its only worth £500? I drove an MX6 V6 a few months back not to shabby performance wise.

I Want A Works
28th September 2005, 10:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

What its only worth £500? I drove an MX6 V6 a few months back not to shabby performance wise.

Well slightyl more than that, but not alot! The tink I like is it aint to bad on the insurance either! Fully comp is only about £50 a year more than the Golf rag top!:D Not to bad for a Blue Oval!