PDA

View Full Version : Security advice and ideas please!

gill
24th September 2005, 11:50 PM
Firstly, let me start by saying I work in a secondary school office and my car is left to it's own devices in the car park! Yesterday, some wee numpties managed to get my ANTI-THEFT wheel valve caps off and I was only left with one, after my son disturbed them and they ran off! Not managed to track them down yet, but when I do ... :blackeye:

Anyway, advice is required for this. This is now the second time my caps have been nicked!!! :(

Does anyone know of a good system to deter the kids to stay away from my car? Something like 'total closure' where an audible warning is given, but I don't want it going off every two minutes or when someone just walks past!!!

Does anyone here know if BMW do an after-market add-on to the mini's security system? I just want to frighten them off before they touch my mota! Any suggestions/advice please?

(The company we bought the anti-theft valve caps from have replaced them free-of-charge with the new richbrook spinning ones! - just in case you were interested!) :approve:

Julz
25th September 2005, 11:23 PM
Watch for the spinning ones come winter time as previous experience of mine has shown that they corrode and are pretty hard to remove, which may actually be what you're after!!;):p We gave up with valve caps after them being nicked continuously (there's also some wee neds going about Blair with Porsche Club GB caps on they're BMX's) and just resorted to good old boring black plastic ones, also reduces the chances of damage to your wheels while afore mentioned neds are trying to nick them! Depending on what wheels you've got, flush valve caps are also a very tidy option! Besides that, big growly slobbering dog in the back can often be useful:dead:!! As for those 'please step away from the vehicle' things, I hate them with a passion!:clown::sleepy:

The Dogfather
25th September 2005, 11:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Besides that, big growly slobbering dog in the back can often be useful:dead:!!

I can confirm that this security system works! The year before last a young decided to get too close to my motor at the Arbroath Spectacular. Elliott went ape, the little lad must have jumped about six feet in the air.:D

The downside is the interior looks like the floor of a barbers shop after fifteen minutes:mad:

gill
26th September 2005, 12:34 AM
Julz,

I have a German Shepherd dog - scary enough, you think?! :D

N12 JLK
26th September 2005, 01:13 AM
the wee arseholes kept stealing mine from Croy station on my One, did put black caps on at the end , ended up buying about 8 sets of chrome ones . touch wood but ive had my Cooper now for 4 months and thve stayed on!. What about attaching some kind of low voltage electricity supply to the car so the little gits get a shock. would be fun to watch!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

gill
26th September 2005, 04:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

the wee arseholes kept stealing mine from Croy station on my One, did put black caps on at the end , ended up buying about 8 sets of chrome ones . touch wood but ive had my Cooper now for 4 months and thve stayed on!. What about attaching some kind of low voltage electricity supply to the car so the little gits get a shock. would be fun to watch!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

We had thought of that!!! I would enjoy watching them!!!:evil::D

Neil and Lorna
26th September 2005, 07:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by gill

quote:Originally posted by lesley12

We had thought of that!!! I would enjoy watching them!!!:evil::D

Why not high voltage:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The little b$%^^^ds wouldn't be able to pick their nose then

Neil:D;););)