PDA

View Full Version : Mini damage

euan
24th September 2005, 01:23 AM
Folks, I need some help.

A friend of mine has a conundrum. Her young brother had a moment of madness having consumed a few alcopops and decided to lay down on the roof of her neighbours car. Now, I struggle with this bit as someone did this to my mini and killed the bonnet so I'd have shot him, but let's put that to one side. Let's say he is paying for his crime.

The car in question is a MINI one with a fairly decent spec.
Sep 2004 MINI One with A/C, leather seats, good audio system, alloys, spoiler, bonnet stripes, rev counter, 8000 miles, blue metallic paint.

The neighbour had bought the car with the idea of selling it after a year at a profit (he's as big a muppet if he thought that) and is demanding the damage be fixed, or they buy the car and sell it. He was asking 11500 for it. To me, that seems high for the car, damage or not .

The damage is limited ot the roof, 3 dents that are shallow but fairly close together 8-10 inches and some say that dent removal would leave ripples in the surface. It's estimated to be about 1500 to fix.

So, I ask you:
How much to get this work fixed - remove the dents in the roof so the car is "as new" - is it even possible or would the roof need replacing (and is that even possible?)
How much is the car worth fixed, and also with the damage.

Your help is appreciated!

KINGHORN
24th September 2005, 03:29 AM
yes it is possible to replace the roof, but not cheap, i would get the dent removal peeps out to have a look before saying they couldnt do it, they worked wonders wioth a few small dents i had in my mini

weefossy
26th September 2005, 04:48 AM
I would take a few pictures and obtain some estimates from a couple of good body repairers, including a BMW outlet. If they can rebuild "right offs" they can make a perfect job on a few dents on a roof. I'm sure they are "pi**ed off; I had a similar thing a few years back on a Fiesta. Guy ran right up the bonnet and over the roof! Luckily somebody witnessed the event and knew the kid. Life has to go on and despite our infatuation, it is a car. Best of luck.