PDA

View Full Version : Supagard.....What To Do

Gismo
21st September 2005, 01:24 AM
No one posted in here for a while, so, the M3 came supplied with the Supagard treatment, seemingly a very expensive extra, not paid for or even requested by me
Also in the boot came a rather big bag of goodies, already in the garage, so, the question is, what is me julie :I meant to do, i'm not keen on anything non meguiars, so, please explain how we me julie can keep the car gleaming 8) ;)

The Dogfather
21st September 2005, 02:54 AM
Easy, only too happy to help. If you give the car to me on a Friday I'll make sure I return the car clean on Sunday Evening :D

Wul
21st September 2005, 04:24 AM
Sounds like a fair deal BDM ;)

Alan - havnae a clue about supaguard aftercare products - however as the supposed £200+ system sells for £20 on EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPAGUARD-ULTRA-PRO-KIT_W0QQitemZ8000592177QQcategoryZ72201QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) I'd be really surprised if it's worth the effort to be honest.

All the valeters on the Megs UK forum say it's crap and that you should bin it and go for the Megs products.

Perhaps a relevant question for Mr Brown? ;)

N12 JLK
21st September 2005, 04:51 AM
meguires tech wax goes on superb over the supaguard,have done this many-at-time now on my cooper as its superguarded also;) the little yellow bottle of aftercare cream is absolute cr*#! takes for ever to get off and leaves clouds even though you use it sparingly.
do think that the supagaurd is good to have ,keeps my chilli red looking new:)

Big Col
21st September 2005, 03:56 PM
I'd imagine Mr. Brown, (representative of NMS corporate sponsors Menzies BMW in Stirling, the one stop shop for all your MINI needs) will tell you that supaguard is the business, however, I've heard the same kind of reports Wul has. Apparently Supaguard aint up to much. It's propbably the tech wax keeping your car looking new more than the supaguard lesley. :)

Gismo
21st September 2005, 04:26 PM
So, it'll be coming off then ;) back to Megs it is, me julie's gonna be so chuffed :D

Scottie
21st September 2005, 04:56 PM
How do you take Supagard off.:question:

Gismo
21st September 2005, 05:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I'm guessing that a soapy bucket of fairy liquid will do the trick, but may need assistamce with a megs product of some kind ;) say a clay bar, then the full treatment that can be found detailed elsewhere in this forum :p

Wul
21st September 2005, 05:20 PM
Don't think fairy will do it this time - supaguard is a polymer sealant - not a wax - fairy works by "degreasing" the wax off your car in the same way it does your dinner plates!!

Alan - if the paint doesn't need clayed or cleansed/scrubbed and is in good nick, i'd go straight to a coat of NXT as it will layer over the supaguard.

Gismo
21st September 2005, 05:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
I'd go straight to a coat of NXT as it will layer over the supaguard.
I'll pass on the good news to me julie, i might even help her if it's a nice day ;)

The Dogfather
21st September 2005, 06:33 PM

Fine sandpaper:question:

Wul
21st September 2005, 06:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Fine sandpaper:question:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: BDM - you posted that without even a smilie or anything - you surely weren't being serious!!!:eek::eek::clown:

Fine wet and dry is a paintwork no-no unless you have really bad scratches and even then i'd leave it to the pro's.

The Dogfather
21st September 2005, 06:45 PM
No serious :D

Not!

Alan, if its polymer based I would imagine a water/solvent mixture would work, I would also guess there's already superguard remover solution.

Burple
21st September 2005, 07:24 PM

Well...

you start with one of them tattie-peelers... and some sandpaper....

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::p:p:blackeye: :blackeye::dead::dead:

Julz
21st September 2005, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

the M3 came supplied with.....

And where are the pics, or have I missed them????:evil::D

N12 JLK
22nd September 2005, 12:20 AM
WHAT ABOUT A TAYMAR BLOWLAMP ON FULL WITH A STRIPPING KNIFE:D

Sheilz
24th October 2005, 09:03 AM
This is an older thread but just noticed it. My car is supaguarded, feels silky smooth and doesn't appear to have any problems wearing megs stuff. I've also used the yellow cream stuff supplied in the black case and was pleased with the finish. Takes less than an hour to apply and remove, no residue and nice finish. In comparison to Hamish who wasnt supaguarded I think Specy's finish is easier to keep in good nick. would recommend.