PDA

View Full Version : Greetings :)

moonfall
20th September 2005, 05:59 AM
Hi Folks,

I've been lurking about the NMS site and forums ever since i got my MCS just over a month ago. Ever since i got the car i seem to have developed this obsession with discovering as much as possible about anything mini related, which my other half finds highly amusing :)

I have a 12 months old pure silver MCS that i managed to pick up 2nd hand and was lucky enough to get one of the new refresh models with the 170 bhp engine under the bonnet. Can't believe what a fab car the mini is, puts my old puma to shame :D

Will have to get some pics sorted out of the car and hope to be able to drop by here for some banter and advice when i eventually get round to doing a few mods to the car.

Richard

MartinSullivan
20th September 2005, 06:01 AM
Welcome to the site Richard :D Glad to see you have finally posted - might see you next time I am down the road

The Dogfather
20th September 2005, 07:02 AM
Welcome Richard :D

Craig
20th September 2005, 03:31 PM
Welcome Richard - the fun starts now!!:D:D

Big Col
20th September 2005, 03:56 PM
Howdy howdy howdy Richard. Welcome to NMS. Stay away from minime or he'll probably end up selling you a new MINI. ;)

Mini Me
20th September 2005, 05:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Howdy howdy howdy Richard. Welcome to NMS. Stay away from minime or he'll probably end up selling you a new MINI. ;)

:eek:cheeky, but true ;)..welcome to NMS...

Crombers
20th September 2005, 05:44 PM
Welcome to NMS land & enjoy the banter :approve:

N12 JLK
20th September 2005, 09:08 PM
ENJOY , LIFE AS YOU NEW IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.
SITTING ON NMS EVERNIGHT, MONTHLY EDITIONS OF GO-MINI, ADD ON EXTRAS FOR YOU CAR, SHOUTING OUT THE WINDOW AS YOUR CAR GETS RAIN ON IT AS YOU'VE JUST WASHED IT.:D

gill
21st September 2005, 12:21 AM
Welcome to the site!

My other half thinks I've gone a bit mini mad too!:p

He loves it though, as he has always been car daft! Having great fun with our min which we got in July. Fab!:D

Hope to meet you on a run soon.

monkimagic
21st September 2005, 02:14 AM
Good to have you on board mate, even better to see you have not been scared off.

Monki

moonfall
21st September 2005, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, i can tell i'm gonna enjoy my stay around here :D

I had to drop my mini off at the dealership this evening, for them to sort some scratches out to the rear bumper that they were supposed to do before i picked the car up.

Have had a bit of a struggle getting them to do this work that they agreed to when i bought the car. Ended up writing the manager of the dealership a strongly worded letter after getting messed around by my sales rep for the past 4 weeks. Thankfully, i appear to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now that the manager is on the case. They have sold me an amazing car, but their customer service sucks. Hope i'm not tied to the same dealership for the remainder of the TLC package?

Looks like i'm gonna be without my mini for a few days, depending upon whether they have to respray the entire bumper for me. But have been lucky enough to be given a decent courtesy car. I have the services of a black mini cooper, with a chequered flag roof and chequered flag viper stripes on the bonnet. It looks pretty bling bling, but has the unpleasant side effect that everyone seemed to want to race me on my drive back home from the dealership lol.

I'm looking forward to having my MCS back, hopefully by the weekend. But it's proving interesting to be able to drive a cooper for a little while and compare it against the S.

Craig
21st September 2005, 05:10 AM
You can take your car to any dealership for TLC - if you are not happy with their service, then go elsewhere. There are quite a few on here who travel some distance to get good service.;)

Hope you get it sorted OK.:)

Craig

MartinSullivan
21st September 2005, 05:25 AM
Richard as Craig says you can take your tlc to any dealer - so you arent tied to the one you bought it from. Which one are you using, I didnt get much joy from the Huddersfield but have used both Leeds and one in Manchester and got good service. Email me if you wish to discuss ;)

Duncan Stewart
23rd September 2005, 06:32 PM
:D Welcome to Mini Madness! :D

Smurf
23rd September 2005, 09:48 PM
Welcome, Richard!
Ahhhhh, you've done it now, posted on NMS, there's no going back...... :D

Clare1
25th September 2005, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the MINI Madness!!! ;0)

J Cee
25th September 2005, 01:41 AM
Welcome, Richard! Did no one tell you that buying a Mini is a form of OCD?

phantom
26th September 2005, 01:02 AM
welcome, welcome, welcome :cool::cool::cool:

Wul
26th September 2005, 09:37 PM
Good to have you on the forums Richard - feel free to join in the banter!!:)

hogg88
27th September 2005, 08:37 AM
Welcome moonfall

You'll never stop smiling if you've got an "S".