PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried new Flash Car Wash stuff?

gill
18th September 2005, 02:37 AM
Has anyone tried the new Flash car wash stuff? We bought it to try last weekend, and it actually does work!!!:eek:

No need to chamois after washing - it does leave a nice finish. Bit shocked that it worked! We had been looking into the similar Zymol system, but it was double the price! Would recommend to all.:approve:

Edit - moved forum - oooh the powers gone to ma heid!!;)

weefozzy Jr
20th September 2005, 12:59 AM
yep used it a few times for a quick wash. great wee thing.

gill
20th September 2005, 04:24 AM
Thanks for replying - plenty viewing, but I thought no-one was speaking to me:(

It is good for a quick wash and go...:D

N12 JLK
20th September 2005, 04:30 AM
havnt tried it , have the car superguarded so dont know if i can use it .

The Dogfather
20th September 2005, 04:33 AM
Haven't tried it either but will certainly consider it following the recommendation :)

Scottie
20th September 2005, 04:44 AM
I've looked at it a couple times in halfrauds. but cannae get my head round putting anything with the name flash in the title on my car instead of the kitchen floor.

N12 JLK
20th September 2005, 04:47 AM
flash aahhhh he cleaned everyone of us:D

Big Col
20th September 2005, 03:54 PM
I never replied as I was expecting Wul to supply a 1500 word answer. :D

I Want A Works
20th September 2005, 11:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

flash aahhhh he cleaned everyone of us:D

ahhhh gawd, that one is BAD Lesley:dead:

Julz
21st September 2005, 12:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I never replied as I was expecting Wul to supply a 1500 word answer. :D

I was too!! Do you apply it with a mop??:p

gill
21st September 2005, 12:16 AM
Just clip the attachment thingy onto your hose - very simple!

We weren't sure either - you do just think of the stupid TV ads with 'Pete' and the mother-outlaw in them!:D:D

It is good though, although we've found that the starter pack did not provide the three washes that it was supposed to give - we were almost out after two!!:mad:

Happy washing everyone .... :approve:

Wul
21st September 2005, 12:45 AM
OK OK - well if it works for you gill then that's cool :cool: out of interest - Costco are selling the kit alongwith extra refills for £17.

I've talked about this kit on other threads - remember guys...... the Miracle Gro Sprayer!! ;)

Anyway - the water filter is to soften the hard "down south" water so it slides off the car leaving less to dry. My opinion is this can be replaced by parking the car on a hill and/or taking the nozzle of the hose when rinsing. As for the soap - you still use a sponge (at least Karl Howman does in the Ad :I)so it's an expensive replacement for a bottle of car shampoo and a bucket in my opinion.

Will come into it's own in winter when it's too cold to use a sponge/mitt!!

AndyP & Lenore
21st September 2005, 08:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

havnt tried it , have the car superguarded so dont know if i can use it .

JewelUltra Diamondbrite is much better. Consider it next time. Chathams Honda in Edinburgh are agents. We have JewelUltra on our MINI and love the just waxed feel every time we wash - without waxing!:D

Big Col
21st September 2005, 04:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
JewelUltra Diamondbrite is much better. Consider it next time. Chathams Honda in Edinburgh are agents. We have JewelUltra on our MINI and love the just waxed feel every time we wash - without waxing!:D

NO WUL! HE DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER!!! HE'S NOT SAYING MEGS IS BAD!!!! DON'T HURT HIM!!!

<dives for cover>

Gismo
21st September 2005, 04:32 PM
NO WUL! HE DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER!!! HE'S NOT SAYING MEGS IS BAD!!!! DON'T HURT HIM!!!
Col, why are you shouting at us :p;)

Big Col
21st September 2005, 04:44 PM
I wasn't. I was shouting at Wul. :)

Gismo
21st September 2005, 05:05 PM
I wasn't. I was shouting at Wul. :)

:D:D:D

Wul
21st September 2005, 05:24 PM
Same goes for Diamondbrite - a dealer rip off i'm afraid - EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIAMONDBRITE-JEWELULTRA-with-full-after-care-kit_W0QQitemZ8001318670QQcategoryZ72201QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem)

But if your happy with it then that's the main thing - but i'd think twice about handing my money over to the dealer for it!!

AndyP & Lenore
21st September 2005, 05:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Same goes for Diamondbrite - a dealer rip off i'm afraid - EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIAMONDBRITE-JEWELULTRA-with-full-after-care-kit_W0QQitemZ8001318670QQcategoryZ72201QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem)

But if your happy with it then that's the main thing - but i'd think twice about handing my money over to the dealer for it!!

No warranty with that though:(. Besides, we get a huge discount at Chatham's:D.

I still use some of the Maguiars products though;); especially the bug and tar remover, the tyre wall blackening stuff, the acid based wheel cleaner, the microfibre cloth...... . . . . . :D:D