PDA

View Full Version : With fuel prices going up......

I Want A Works
15th September 2005, 01:09 AM
I decide the other day that I was gonna do my bit for the environment, and my health, and buy a mountain bike for riding in town, and using for pottering about outside at work (I know a website where you can get them for much cheapness)

It arrived today. Lovely bike for the £67 for it, lights and delivery! Went into the garage, built it, and took it for a wee run up and down the road, but apparently I have forgotten a couple of things since I was a teenager.........

1) I'm unfit and riding a mountian bike into wind for 200 metres is tiring:disapprove:
2) How B!**&Y sore bike seats are!:dead:

Any advice on a fittnes regime to get me in shape, or bum padding, will be appriciated:)

Burple
15th September 2005, 01:40 AM
What's the WebSite? ;);):D:D:D:question:

Get yourself to Halfords and buy a comfy Gel saddle :D

Fitness regime? Keep it going son! Only way to improve is to keep battering at it. Set yourself target times or distances and stick to it.

Maybe try every few days at first, then every couple.. It'll get easier more quickly than you think!
...and lay off the beer and fags if you smoke! :p:dead::D

/Off to cycle home, hoping the wind will help my wee leggies up the big hills! :D

I Want A Works
15th September 2005, 01:49 AM
STERLING HOUSE (www.sterlinghouse.co.uk)

Bikes, Accessories, Toys, Bouncy Castles.........

Great little website :D

If only I could get beer, so that I could lay of of it:(

lightbody
15th September 2005, 05:15 AM
I've been on my bike most of the summer... finally getting fit enough just in time for winter!

(1) get road tyres! (smooth in the middle) If it doesnt freewheel on the flat and freewheel downhill, you've got the wrong tyres!
(2) make the tyres HARD!
(3) Get it serviced (if u dont know how) - made a huge difference to mine for £20 or something.
(4) Avoid hills to start with... hills+wind=nightmare!