PDA

View Full Version : mini meets

N12 JLK
14th September 2005, 02:19 AM
was wondering if anyone got together on a regular basis, i know that in the clan they did so for a bit of banter and chat when i was in there site for a short stint. i know that runs take a lot of effort to arrange. just wondering:)

BREWERS FAYRE CAR PARK MEET STIRLING,NO RUN JUST CHAT ,FOOD AND BEER!
FRIDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER 7PM. POST INTEREST

1= JASON AND LESLEY
2= SCOTTIECOOP X2 (CONFIRMED)
3= CRAIGD AND JUDE (CONFIRMED)
4= BPIRIE1000 (MAYBE)
5= MARKYC AND SANDY(CONFIRMED)
6= RICHARDV (CONFIRMED)
7= HEATHER AND GAJ(MAYBE)
8= VAILA AND ARCHIE (CONFIRMED)
9=ANDYP & LENORE (CONFIRMED)

Burple
14th September 2005, 06:54 AM
Good plan... there's not been one of these for a while has there? :cool::D:D

Anyone?

lightbody
14th September 2005, 08:52 PM
I don't think there's ever been one down this way!

With the price of petrol as it is, it becomes a huge factor in attending a longish run - i.e. the day can cost £70 if you include petrol and grub. So something other than a long run might be a nice change and get a larger attendance...

Gismo
14th September 2005, 08:53 PM
Nice one Lesley, i'll come ;):D

Scottie
14th September 2005, 09:10 PM
as long as it's a Friday night or Saturday night I'll come.

During the week i'm in Inverness:( hopefully not for to much longer:D

Craig
15th September 2005, 12:52 AM
count me and jude in dependant on dates/times..

Craig

N12 JLK
16th September 2005, 05:07 AM
where's central for everyone, seems that for most runs most people meet at stirling so what about the brewers fayre just round from the services, large carpark, food's ok if thats what you all want to do, most importantly there's beer for the passengers! (yes Lesley will be allowed to drive that night:D).
right lets set a date Friday the 30th September at 7pm .Brewers Fayre car par just after the roundabout at stirling services,come out of the services and take the second on the left about 300 yards down on the left hand side.Should still be light enough at night then to show off any new additions to your cars then food,beer and chat. I know it may be 2 weeks away but that should be plenty time for everyone to decide. i may have to book some tables though for food , or do you just turn up at these places?

Craig
16th September 2005, 05:15 AM
Jason/Lesley,

We are a definate for this, Jude will be driving (wooohooo!!). We used this place for the end of Goldmini's West Coast run and he booked it, so it would probably be a good idea, especially as it is a friday night.

Well done for organising this, see you then. (the winter wheels will be on by then..:(, but the JCW Kit should be on by then:D)

Craig

Scottie
16th September 2005, 05:18 AM
:D:D that's a definate from us :D:D

N12 JLK
16th September 2005, 05:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

ARE THE 2 OF YOU GOING:question:

bpirie1000
16th September 2005, 04:48 PM
Interseting..

Will keep that in mind. depends on the bank as always...

Boo hoo...

Have to have more of these as teh weather gets Horrid...

Well done in Sorting this out..

Scottie
16th September 2005, 05:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

ARE THE 2 OF YOU GOING:question:

yip:)

Gismo
16th September 2005, 06:48 PM
Lesley, sorry, i can't make that date, i'll still be offshore :(

N12 JLK
17th September 2005, 12:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

Interseting..

Will keep that in mind. depends on the bank as always...

Boo hoo...

Have to have more of these as teh weather gets Horrid...

Well done in Sorting this out..

DONT NEED LOADS OF CASH £20 WILL DO YOU

N12 JLK
17th September 2005, 12:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Lesley, sorry, i can't make that date, i'll still be offshore :(

NOT TO WORRY IF PEOPLE LIKE THE IDEA WE COULD ALWAYS MAKE IT A REGULAR THING

Big Col
17th September 2005, 12:11 AM
It seems Lesley's CAPS lock is broken. :)

N12 JLK
17th September 2005, 03:59 AM
ShEeR LaZyNeSs:cool::cool::cool:

Duncan Stewart
19th September 2005, 02:45 AM
Great idea Lesley. I cannot make this date :(but will be up for future meets :D

N12 JLK
20th September 2005, 04:06 AM
come on surley theres more people outthere ,we wont bite!
well maybe just a nibble

Mon the fish
20th September 2005, 04:39 AM
Supposed to be heading up to Aberdeen that night, but could rearrange if you don't mind strange newbies attending :p:D

N12 JLK
20th September 2005, 04:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

Supposed to be heading up to Aberdeen that night, but could rearrange if you don't mind strange newbies attending :p:D

the more the merrier:), need as many people to attend a possible,more than happy for you to attend ,ive only been a member since May

Craig
20th September 2005, 03:29 PM
Lesley, stick MarkyC down for this, spoke to him on his hols, he is basking in the sunshine of Engerland...:D

N12 JLK
20th September 2005, 08:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Lesley, stick MarkyC down for this, spoke to him on his hols, he is basking in the sunshine of Engerland...:D

okay dokay , superb ,does he know his best pal isnt going (Kerr I mean)

RichardV
20th September 2005, 11:34 PM
Sounds good -count me in!!

Mon the fish
21st September 2005, 02:48 AM
Why don't we have it at my place in Alloa!? Fridge full of beer, plenty bottles of Wolf Blass, and that means i don't have to drive... :p:D

2 spare beds also!

Scottie
21st September 2005, 03:41 AM

Why don't we have it at my place in Alloa!? Fridge full of beer, plenty bottles of Wolf Blass, and that means i don't have to drive... :p:D

2 spare beds also!

mon the fish I would love to but the thought of the brewers fayre food and their chicken dipper started with side dish of garlic bread followed by a bit of steak polished of with aunty bettys apple pie is just to much to pass up.

Maybe the young yins would like to go to your place after.;)

N12 JLK
21st September 2005, 04:03 AM

2 spare beds also!

are you coming along to the brewers fayre, do you want me to add you to the list.

N12 JLK
21st September 2005, 04:06 AM
Judging by your description of the food scootiecoop you’ve been before (well described I may say I'm now bloody starving) do you think I should phone and book some tables or do you just turn up

Craig
21st September 2005, 05:12 AM
If there is going to be any more than 6, I would book, but if not, we are no bigger than a family...:D

Mon the fish
21st September 2005, 06:04 AM
Aye, add me to the list, being a bit of a woman there in dancing around the topic and not making my mind up :D

Scottie
21st September 2005, 06:12 AM
don't think you can book unless it's a large party.

Lesley I've been a few times well quite a lot well every second weekend to be honest.:I Handy place to take my mum. ;)

If numbers remain small we could always go to the cantoneese (yummy) down the craigs in Stirling But it would be more expensive or the Italians Sepia Falkirk or Better stop.:I me stomach thinks my throats cut.

Craig
21st September 2005, 03:31 PM
The Regent mmmmmmmmmmmm :approve::approve:

The only problem with that Fiona is parking...... I think the Brewers Fayre is probably still the best bet, 'cos of their wide range of food (which you seem to know VERY well;)) and loads of free parking.

Just my tuppence..

Craig:D

N12 JLK
22nd September 2005, 12:08 AM
think we should stick to the brewers fayre as craig says its got good parking, no hastle, i will wait till Tuesday to see how manys going before booking but cant see many adding on now most people will have read the posts by now

Mon the fish
22nd September 2005, 01:27 AM
There's another Brewers Fayre at the Kincardine Bridge if thats an option, also Beancross Farms at Falkirk is quite nice, both with plenty if parking

N12 JLK
22nd September 2005, 04:26 AM
AFTER LOTS OF HUMMING AND HAWING IVE DECIDED WITH MY BESTFRIEND MYSELF TO STICK TO THE ORIGIONAL PLAN , WE CAN CHIP FORWARD IDEAS ON THE NIGHT FOR FUTURE VENUES AS IM SURE THIS WILL BECOME A REGULAR MONTHLY MEET, :p:p

N12 JLK
23rd September 2005, 11:44 PM
table booked for 12 people next friday at 7.30pm,meet at 7pm in the carpark. Ive booked a couple extra seats just incase some extras decide to go ,10 in total at the moment going.

Scottie
23rd September 2005, 11:54 PM
ok well I'll do my best Inverness to Brewers Fayre in two hours:eek: nope should make it 7.40pm.

Is it ok to bring a non Mini :question:

N12 JLK
24th September 2005, 12:12 AM
no probs see you inside , will get a beer in for you both !

Smurf
24th September 2005, 01:06 AM
Can we be cheeky and take the other 2 spaces??
Haven't met many of you before, so this is a good chance!! :D

Vaila and Archie (and I promise to bring Smurf..... wouldn't leave her out of a Mini meet!)

N12 JLK
24th September 2005, 03:04 AM
no probs Smurf more than welcome to go. Can add more people to list ,will phone and add more seats on if anyone else wants to go

Craig
24th September 2005, 03:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Can we be cheeky and take the other 2 spaces??
Haven't met many of you before, so this is a good chance!! :D

Vaila and Archie (and I promise to bring Smurf..... wouldn't leave her out of a Mini meet!)

there is a wee addition to Knottie that I think might interest you;).... Be good to catch up.... Oh I forgot, after seeing the holiday snaps, I'm not talking to you:eek::blackeye::disapprove:..... I wanted to go there on my hols, but Jude hates flying that long:(:(

AndyP & Lenore
25th September 2005, 07:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

no probs Smurf more than welcome to go. Can add more people to list ,will phone and add more seats on if anyone else wants to go

Lesley if there's space at the table can we both be added to the list?

N12 JLK
26th September 2005, 01:14 AM
thats fine it has been done!!!!!!!!!:p

N12 JLK
26th September 2005, 02:40 AM
what do you all think would be best on the night for paying, do you think a kitty would be best at the start of the night, saves the hastle of who had what at the end of the night

Scottie
26th September 2005, 03:25 AM
you can do that though It's one of those places you go up place your oder give table number then pay. So each couple orders their food and pay but either way I'm easy.

AndyP & Lenore
26th September 2005, 03:32 AM
If you order and pay at bar then it might be easier if each couple pay for their own. Just my opinion though.:D

N12 JLK
26th September 2005, 04:04 AM
ok never new that , sounds good

Neil and Lorna
28th September 2005, 06:58 PM
Hi Lesley

We would have like'd to come but we,re away for a few days ,but maybe next time.

Have Fun :D

Cheers Neil and Lorna

N12 JLK
28th September 2005, 10:24 PM
no probs, look out for the pictures though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markyc
29th September 2005, 03:05 AM
Jason / Lesley,

Just back from my sisters and have spoken to my co-driver Sandy who's on for Friday night as well, can you add an extra one :question::question:

Can we play in the wee playpark they've got there as well, oh go on :D:D

Tell Kerr i'll keep an eye on his mum and dad to make sure they don't get too merryified :eek::eek:;)

See ya Friday :approve:

Mon the fish
29th September 2005, 03:47 AM
I'm raging :mad:

Bloody warehouse is having an xmas stocktake on friday! Should be finished at 8ish but will be knackered, so going to have to give this one a miss, really sorry for the late pull out.

Really p*ssed off now :evil::disapprove::(

But I'll be at the next one. Damn warehouse

Heather
29th September 2005, 03:58 AM
Can you stick me and gaj down as a possible? Depends how friday pans out.:)

Craig
29th September 2005, 04:00 AM
got over the lurgie yet Heather?? hope you can make it, test drive in knottie is your prize!;)

Heather
29th September 2005, 04:01 AM
test drive in knottie is your prize!;)

Way hey!:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th September 2005, 05:05 AM
Never been to this Brewers Fayre before. Is it the Pirnhall Inn, Stirling? Looks to be near Hillhead? Near the big roundabout on the M9 Services?

Craig
30th September 2005, 05:07 AM
Yes Andy, that's the one, just look for people "joy riding" in Knottie :eek::D;):approve:

AndyP & Lenore
30th September 2005, 07:00 AM

Yes Andy, that's the one, just look for people "joy riding" in Knottie :eek::D;):approve:

Should be able to hear you before we see you.;)

Scottie
30th September 2005, 07:03 PM
I'll be there on time taking a half day :cool:

So that's 7 for 7.30 right:) time for joy riding in Craig's Car:cool:

Oh thought I would post the now just in cause.

The last two days the site has been down.

RichardV
30th September 2005, 10:51 PM
Sorry folks going to have to bail, Having to work late so wouldnt get there till late.......

Hope to make the next one!!!!

Sorry again:dead::disapprove:

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2005, 01:10 AM
OH MAN!!!!:D:D:D

Just been looking at the menu.:D My stomach is rumbling now and I keep drooling down the front of my t-shirt - very embarrassing.

I'm starving. I'm Starving. I'm starving. I'm Star.... (Repeat until fed).;)

Scottie
1st October 2005, 01:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Just been looking at the menu.:D My stomach is rumbling now and I keep drooling down the front of my t-shirt - very embarrassing.

your there already:cool:

N12 JLK
1st October 2005, 01:19 AM
cameras at the ready, look out for some good photo's soon:p:p:p,some like:dead::dead: not the drivers. Jasons driving for a change he's out on the town tommorow with his work on a freebie!! git

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2005, 02:06 AM

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

your there already:cool:
No. :) was looking on line. on our way now though. half way up the A7. :)

Scottie
1st October 2005, 07:11 AM
what a good night:D great to catch up with folk and Heather your car looks spot on really really nice.:)

p.s. not that I know about techy stuff but have to say Craig the jcw sound kit is awesome a must have I would say and yes you do notice the difference not only to the car but to your driving also:p

N12 JLK
1st October 2005, 07:20 AM
Thanks to all who came along tonight, it was nice to speak to each other instead of 2 minutes chat in between pee breaks. Big thanks to Andy and Lenore and Fiona and Alan who came from afar. Smurf and Heather what time did you eventually leave:question: Cars looking nice Heather! Need a go in your cooper Craig :p

Thought Minime wasnt coming tonight but we found evidence he actually was there!!!!!!!!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/miniruns002.jpg

group photo , to cold to stand outside with the cars
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/miniruns001.jpg
, Once again thanks to all , no the next one wont be in my house Mark.
ps think Les is going for the side skirts. Oh ive started a new thread Mini meets 2 (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5747)
Edit: Inserted link to next meet

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2005, 08:11 AM
Great night, big thanks to Jason and Lesley for organising it,:D Heather, your new car looks really nice, happy motoring. Good to catch up with people, hope to see you all soon.

P.S. Glad Lesley is thinking about the side skirts.:D:D

Heather
1st October 2005, 08:26 AM
Good night out! We stayed till just after 11ish, nattering away. Good to see everyone and thank you for your kind comments about the motor:D

Craig
1st October 2005, 05:53 PM
Great night, I think I scared Fiona a wee bit, but it's the car that does it ;)

Can't wait for the next one...

Well Done Jason and Lesley, Mark says the next one is in his flat :D

Gismo
1st October 2005, 06:09 PM
I hate missing out on food :p looks like you all had a good time, i would have turned up but was still offshore :( will keep my eye on the next one :)

Smurf
1st October 2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks to Lesley and Jason for organising! We had a good night. Nice to see some old friends, and even better to meet some new friends! :D

Got home about midnight ish, not bad.

Archie is off outside to wash Smurf now! Some of those cars were WAYYYY to clean! :I
(That includes you, Heather! SHINEY.........Mmmmmmmm) :p

N12 JLK
1st October 2005, 09:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I hate missing out on food :p looks like you all had a good time, i would have turned up but was still offshore :( will keep my eye on the next one :)

LOOK UNDER MINI MEETS 2, ANOTHER NIGHT ORGANISED FOR NOVEMBER

lightbody
1st October 2005, 10:20 PM
Argh! Only just back on the forum after a longish absence and realise I missed this and would probably have been up for it... it was my birthday too (and Dennis was 1 on the 28th! - still no return visits to the dealer since day 1).