PDA

View Full Version : Bonjourno

philthy
13th September 2005, 07:01 AM
hello, just popping in to see what the vibe is,

I am looking for a new car after wrecking y tuned smart fortwo and considered either a mini one or a smart roadster.

Mini Me
13th September 2005, 07:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by philthy

hello, just popping in to see what the vibe is,

I am looking for a new car after wrecking y tuned smart fortwo and considered either a mini one or a smart roadster.

Well heelooooo, there is a fantastic MINI Dealer sponsoring the site, why not give them a ring and ask for Iain....;)

Gismo
13th September 2005, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the site, i guess we need to convince you to buy a mini ;)

MartinSullivan
13th September 2005, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the site, have a browse around, ask as many questions as you like and hope to see you in a new mini at a run or event soon ;)

Crombers
13th September 2005, 05:48 PM
First of all welcome to NMSland & secondly

it has to be a MINI

Hope to see you on a run after you've sorted yourself out with a new car courtesy of our resident dealer friend :approve:

bpirie1000
13th September 2005, 07:59 PM
You'll see taht some people Flee but they always come back no matter what so Miss out the Leaving bit and Justt go order your Mini... It makes sence...

anyways I won't sway your desision.. But go for it..

Welcome to the site anyways.. Everyone is welcome to join in the banter.

Brizeeeee

philthy
13th September 2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Yea, im swaying between what to do, some people say smart roadster and some say mini, the only thing about minis is (no offence you guys) they are everywhere. I know about 12 friends who have got or had one at some point!!

But dont get me wrong the smart has its problems too!!

If i got a mini i would have to put a nice set of wheels and remap it... mmm tempting!!

Il give iain a call, cheers

MartinSullivan
13th September 2005, 08:40 PM
You have a point - minis are everywhere at the mo, but there is also a great community built up around that, check out this site, mini2.com, miniaddiction.co.uk and heaps of other online communities built up around peoples love for the mini

Craig
14th September 2005, 01:02 AM

Thanks for the replies!

Yea, im swaying between what to do, some people say smart roadster and some say mini, the only thing about minis is (no offence you guys) they are everywhere. I know about 12 friends who have got or had one at some point!!

If i got a mini i would have to put a nice set of wheels and remap it... mmm tempting!!

Il give iain a call, cheers

My mate has a smart roadster and as martin says the mini's have much more of a community spirit. So if you just want a car, then there is a choice, however if you want to belong to an ever growing community where you can get free help, advice and good times ;) GET THE MINI!!

The smart is nice, but scratches very easy 'cos of the plastic bodywork and soft paint....(another reason to buy the mini...;))

Oh and another thing WELCOME:D:D

philthy
14th September 2005, 02:23 AM
i was one of the main members of a smart forum which had over 5,000 members so its nice to be a part of a big community:)

I think it will have to be the mini because nobody will insure me at all...:(

p.s. where did you get those wheels craigd???

Craig
14th September 2005, 03:28 AM
aaahhh, well that would be my wheel supplier....Scottiecoop!;)

I got them 'second hand' from her, but to be honest I don't know where she got them from. They are an American company called Axis. The style of wheel is Crux. oh and they are 18's mmmmmmm:approve: (with one now kerbed:disapprove::disapprove:)

Mini Me
14th September 2005, 04:19 AM

Thanks for the replies!

Watch wi that one, they dont make them anymore......residule carnage :eek::blackeye::(

monkimagic
16th September 2005, 12:08 AM
The Smart got sh*t reviews when it came out, apparently it was deemed a car that had potential, all the right ingredience ( to some extent ) but it was rubbish, crude and cheap (not to purchase either)

But I am not here to hold judgment on a car I have not driven, nor would I consider pursuading anyone to buy a very nicely styled car with remarkable handeling and power to boot. lord no. its up to you philthy !!

Welcome to NMS

Monki

philthy
16th September 2005, 04:50 AM
ive driven many minis, and a few smart roadsters.

the smart is very different but I do agree with the price tags being a bit enthusiastic!!

ahghgahgahgagahgga too hard to choose

N12 JLK
17th September 2005, 03:57 AM
only one choice and its got to be a mini
once youve owned one theres no changing ,ive had 3 now , 1 A reg sprite and 2 bmw minis( One and Cooper)
FEEL THE FORCE BE STRONG LET IT GUIDE YOU

phantom
26th September 2005, 01:07 AM
welcome, welcome, welcome :cool::cool::cool:

Wul
26th September 2005, 09:32 PM
Nice to have you along philthy......MINI would get my vote!

AeroJonny
24th January 2006, 10:02 AM
Well, he only went and got a bloody SMART didn't he! I only know cos he's one of my best mates and lives about 100yards down the road. I did try.
You can take a horse to water....:dead: