PDA

View Full Version : Norway 0 - 2 Scotland

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 02:38 AM
Ok, what the hell has Walter Smith been putting in the water bottles. First they scare the crap out of Italy and now your 2 nil up against Norway after only 30 minutes!:eek::eek::eek:;)

Gismo
8th September 2005, 02:57 AM
Get it up ye ;):p

Craig
8th September 2005, 03:00 AM
I had to pinch myself to believe the score line:approve:. The Ref is an idiot:D, but lets hope we can hold onto it <forget about what happened against Austria - it won't happen again>:eek:

Gismo
8th September 2005, 03:21 AM
Check this out (http://www.tartanarmynyc.com/tartanspecials/myfavouritethings.html) :D

minidriver#1
8th September 2005, 03:35 AM
come on Scotland! Almost 3-0.

I Want A Works
8th September 2005, 03:51 AM
God we have won 2-1!

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 03:59 AM
They did very well. Looked at bit shaky in the second half at times but they are now playing as a team, who knows they might just make it.

Scottie
8th September 2005, 04:11 AM
Our time is coming we will make to the world cup and beat Engerland in the final 3-2. :cool::D

glory glory Kenny Miller:cool: shades of Coisty about you.

sleepyrascal
8th September 2005, 04:46 AM
have you seen rooneys game? what a spoiled little shi*!

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 04:52 AM
You won't beat Engerland in the final cos as long as we've got bonking Sven as the manager we'll never get there.

Rooney is a thug, a talented thug but a thug all the same

Burple
8th September 2005, 05:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Check this out (http://www.tartanarmynyc.com/tartanspecials/myfavouritethings.html) :D

That's Class!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 05:29 AM
What the HELL is Sven doing taking off Lumpard and Gerrard?

I hope the FA have the backbone to sack him after this!

Jeff
8th September 2005, 05:32 AM
1- 0 NI lol lol again and lol again:D:D:D:D:D

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 05:39 AM
TAXI for Sven!

ny152
8th September 2005, 05:46 AM
Wrighty looks as sick as a parrot after the England game :blackeye:.

If Sven goes, maybe Berti will take the job :clown:

Sorry to our English NMS friends, but it's very rare as a Scotland supporter that we get a chance to gloat over anyone...

Gismo
8th September 2005, 05:48 AM
Listen to the commentators and Ian Wright, why is it that no one can beat England, the match commentator even turned against his team, up to the NIR goal it was all "us" and "we" etc, after the goal it was, how will the fans take this, i iknow you have to be scottish to understand this, but, we never turn against our team like that

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 06:07 AM
England should wipe the floor with teams like NI, however NI did something England didn't they played as a team, and deserved to get something out of the game. That's the Sanchez crazy gang spirit.

Sven bottled it we should have stuck with the 451 in the second half and have only swapped Owen for Defoe. Never change the system half way though a half.

Sven has to go, England's performances have been on the slide since the Germany 1 - 5 match, the team is in a terminal dive. How can a team with players like Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, A Cole, Owen and SWP get beaten by a premiership reserve team? Oh, apart from by the manager being useless.

BTW he didn't turn against the team, he was just pointing out the fact that every english fan would now like to string Sven up to a lampost by his *%£ls

Scottie
8th September 2005, 06:20 AM
The trouble with England is they have a good team but not a great team.

It's like they go into the board room to pitch a deal. They make a good pitch but can't nail the deal exception being 1966 of course.:D<rollseyes>:p<yawn>

It disnae matter who the manager is they have had so many but none cut the muster for all the reasons above. If you ask me the surporters expect to much of the team.

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 06:24 AM
True but at least we know what the inside of a board room looks like <SLAP> :blackeye:

Just kidding! Seriously just kidding!

I reckon Scotland has a better chance of qualifying than England, just because you're actually playing as a team and we're not.......:(

Scottie
8th September 2005, 06:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

True but at least we know what the inside of a board room looks like <SLAP> :blackeye:

Just kidding! Seriously just kidding!

I reckon Scotland has a better chance of qualifying than England, just because you're actually playing as a team and we're not.......:(

ah but up until recently Scotland had qualified more times for the world cup than England <double slap with a wet cloth> next you will be telling us you watch the cricket :p;)

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 06:45 AM
how recently? yes I do watch the cricket!

Scottie
8th September 2005, 06:50 AM

how recently? yes I do watch the cricket!

I don't know but remember reading about it at that football place @ Ambleside.:I

not even going to mention the cricket but thiking about it I guess you do look like a cricket fan:p;)

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 07:00 AM
Scotland have qualified nine times, though they've only taken part in eight. Scotland have played in the Finals in 1954, 1958, 1974, 1978, 1982, 1986, 1990 and 1998. They qualified in 1950 by finishing second to England in the Home Internationals but the SFA decided they would only go to Brazil as British Champions or not at all.

England have taken part in 11 - 1950, 1954, 1958, 1962, 1966, 1970, 1982, 1986, 1990, 1998, 2002. So Scotland have only ever equalled England for qualifying for the World Cup as many times as England in 78 - 2002 if you don't count 1966 (hosts) for England and do count 1950 for Scotland....... they've never qualified more times than England.

Scottie
8th September 2005, 07:02 AM

Scotland have qualified nine times, though they've only taken part in eight. Scotland have played in the Finals in 1954, 1958, 1974, 1978, 1982, 1986, 1990 and 1998. They qualified in 1950 by finishing second to England in the Home Internationals but the SFA decided they would only go to Brazil as British Champions or not at all.

England have taken part in 11 - 1950, 1954, 1958, 1962, 1966, 1970, 1982, 1986, 1990, 1998, 2002. So Scotland have only ever equalled England for qualifying for the World Cup as many times as England in 78 - 2002 if you don't count 1966 (hosts) for England and do count 1950 for Scotland....... they've never qualified more times than England.

nae I think you've got that wrong actually

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 07:04 AM
BTW I think the English Cricket team is actually England and Wales and all players from the home nations are eligible to play.

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 07:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
nae I think you've got that wrong actually

I got the dates from the EnglandFootballOnline.co.uk and ScottishLeague.net websites.

euan
8th September 2005, 05:14 PM
My head hurts this morning.

Couldn't believe it last night, the whole pub was bouncing. Stayed after and watched Ireland v France, and then when we heard that NI were playing well that game went on one tele. A group of players like England have should be doing so much better than they are. They have possibly one of the best midfields in international football and they can't play together for toffee, and that all comes down to the manager.

Scotland played some good football last night in the first half, the midfield did well and Craig Gordon is just class. We were talking last night about Kenny Miller, most of us had written him off and then he's just on fire now.

euan
8th September 2005, 06:19 PM
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1371/carlsbergwednighttv4xp.jpg

Burple
8th September 2005, 10:49 PM
Lol...

I got that in the Inbox this morning too!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Mon the fish
10th September 2005, 10:12 PM
Just back from Norway, best trip ever, bank balance hurts a little bit though :p

Oslo is a lovely city, very clean, the people are friendly (still congratulating us on the Friday), the public transport works (hurrah), the pubs are open til half 3 each morning, think I got about 10 hours sleep the whole week :D

Wednesday night though, what a night. The atmosphere was a bit flat right after the game in the pub, not used to winning away from home! Soon picked up after a few beers, and once the karaoke got going, oh dear. Still not got my voice back, and it sounded like a foghorn in the first place.

Once news of the England game filtered through the whole place went mental! It was fantastic, what a night, what a tour, just doesn't get any better :D:D