PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Shortage

Scottie
6th September 2005, 06:35 AM
Have you got your ration books at the ready :eek::eek:

This of course is only my personal opinion and I could be way wide of the mark.

this was taken from a public website but there is a suggestion that because oil companies import the majority of it's crude a shortage of fuel could be felt here in the UK

Downstream
Hurricane impacts and power issues are also affecting the nation’s fuel supply situation. The Colonial Pipeline has started operating, but at a reduced rate. This is an important pipeline for BP, as it moves product from the Gulf to the South and East.

In the meantime, BP has begun to experience shortages at its terminals, and some of its retail outlets are also being impacted. The Department of Energy has issued broad waivers for fuel specifications which is helping BP increase its production of gasoline and diesel fuel.

BP staff are working around-the clock to minimize supply disruptions and the impact on consumers.

Mini Me
6th September 2005, 04:45 PM
Fuel card's fecked then.............oh well ,better hope my 17.5 mpg picks up :p

3GGG
7th September 2005, 12:57 AM
Still got my coupons from the last crisis!

Gismo
7th September 2005, 01:18 AM
Only in Scotland where we are surrounded by natural oil and gas could we face a shortage :evil:

euan
7th September 2005, 01:46 AM
I know, it's like having a water shortage when you live on an island. Oh, like the hosepipe ban we have just now....