PDA

View Full Version : What Induction Kit - Best Gains Torque / BHP

T6 KFR
6th September 2005, 04:13 AM
Im after an induction kit for my cooper asap. If i go ahead with the MTH remap next month or so, I want an indcution kit fitted first.

Can anyone advise me best kit for my Cooper?

Is the K&N induction kit better or same as K&N Typhoon Kit?

Thanks Ya'll

:)

craigcooperSworks
6th September 2005, 04:46 AM
I think generally speaking the typhoon kit would be better, i'm sure it forces more cold air into the engine than the normal K&N, not sure if this is definately the best set up for the cooper, but i'm sure someone will be along in a mo to advise better.:)

GAJ
6th September 2005, 04:47 AM
You aren't going to get any massive difference with any induction kit, apart to the noise!!:D
I haven't tried the K&N Typhoon but it certainly looks better than the standard K&N 57i. I think it uses the same cone though so I wouldn't expect much difference in performance between the two.

sleepyrascal
6th September 2005, 06:17 AM
The biggest difference you would notice would be your mood changing from happy to pissed off, when you tell you insurance company about it! :D

GAJ
6th September 2005, 06:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

The biggest difference you would notice would be your mood changing from happy to pissed off, when you tell you insurance company about it! :D

I don't think so. My insurer charged me £15 when I informed them which I think was just a handling charge to supply an amended policy schedule. When I renewed the next year it was actually cheaper than before.

T6 KFR
9th September 2005, 09:30 PM
I knew i wouldnt get much gain from an induction kit. However the noise does sound a cool enough reason to get one.

I will wait and see, perhaps the induction kit money can go towards a MTH remap.

MartinSullivan
9th September 2005, 09:35 PM
As I said to you earlier - the good thing about the CST/MTH remap is that you get a years worth of updates - so do the remap and then save up for the filter and I will reload a new map for you, you will then have a better idea of what gains the filter is giving you.