PDA

View Full Version : Window seals...

craigcooperSworks
5th September 2005, 09:58 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with the front window seals leaving your windows really messy?? Mine are a nightmare so may look at replacing these, i presume this is a painless job to do:question::)

Burple
5th September 2005, 11:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigcooperSworks

Does anyone else have a problem with the front window seals leaving your windows really messy?? Mine are a nightmare so may look at replacing these, i presume this is a painless job to do:question::)

On the insides??
if it is.. yeah... lots of us have been there..
apparently it's some grease from the winder mechanisms inside the door..
It's a pain. every time you wipe it, it comes back the next time the window is down..

I dunno.. did anyone ever find a fix for it

:question:

MartinSullivan
5th September 2005, 11:32 PM
As LnL says its a common problem, and I have never heard of anyone that has fully resolved it. I know heaps of people took them to the dealers and various things were tried but as far as I know it still happens. Mine arent too bad so I have never been too bothered, but I know on some peoples cars it was horrendous

euan
6th September 2005, 12:46 AM
Was a nightmare on mine, the only thing i found that helped was to keep the windows and seals as clean as possible (get the windolene out!) and it seemed to help a wee bit, but other than that, I just had a cloth handy at all times.

KINGHORN
6th September 2005, 02:07 AM
tint them, mine aint been bad since i did

sh@z
6th September 2005, 03:35 AM
mine are worse with the tints, cos u see the marks on them clear as day :(