PDA

View Full Version : My car now Re-mapped!!!!

craigcooperSworks
1st September 2005, 06:52 AM
Well got the works re-mapped yesterday and may i just say the grin factor has now gone from 10/10 up to about 12/10:D:D.
Many thanks to Essentialmini for supplying the new map and secondly, many thanks to Martin Sullivan the laptop king for doing all neccesary uploading/downloading ECU stuff!

Seriously, whatever kind of mini you drive i would recommend having a re-map done,what a difference it has made to mine and as the results get better after approx 500 miles- i cant bloody wait!

:D:D:p:p:cool:

sh@z
1st September 2005, 07:53 AM
Awesome, heard many good things about MTH remaps, hope it goes to 14/10 after the 500 miles :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

minidriver#1
1st September 2005, 08:57 AM
i wanna hear feedback from a cooper owner also :) this definately sounds like a good purchase

bpirie1000
1st September 2005, 03:49 PM
sounds good to me..

Likewise very interested to hear about coper upgrades....

Anyone??

Gismo
1st September 2005, 04:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit
i wanna hear feedback from a cooper owner also :) this definately sounds like a good purchase
Give me until the middle of next week ;) my cooper has the stumble problem and is getting "fixed" tuesday and wednesday :cool:

MartinSullivan
1st September 2005, 04:16 PM
Craig got an extra bonus , because when Simon put the map in to get changed he was informed that Craigs car whilst a fully paid up works model was in fact only running a standard cooper S map, so either the dealer never installed the works map when fitting the kit, or at some later stage they over wrote it with a standard map.

Craigs car should now run like it should have done from day one - and some ;)

KJ - should have some feedback from a Cooper owner next week for you ;)

Cooper_si
1st September 2005, 06:31 PM
Here is a Customer Testamonial on a cooper remap i did for him a few months back...he is still raving about how great it is :D

"Went up to see Cooper_Si earlier to have my car remapped used the brand new CST (Cooper Si Tuning) technique...........

and wooooooo boy!

The car now pulls like a train, and apparently it takes a while to fully take affect! Not only that the process dead easy, and was super quick too! Taking less than an hour to do the whole thing!

Anyone lookin to chip tune their MINI should talk to him first!

Would strongly recommend it!

Cheers Si!"

The first remap we made for him was awesome but power seem to just fall off at 6000rpm...remade him another map (because you get 12 months free) and now it pulls right up to the rev limiter. :p:D

Scottie
1st September 2005, 06:53 PM
Was talking to my shadow on Friday she had just got her car done that day;)

After the remap she was to drive the car hard for the next two tanks of fuel.:cool:

So she obviously tore through Aberdeen at a snails pace but once out on the A96 put the foot down and noticed straight away where her car would normally redline at just above the 6000rpm it no longer did but she can't tell me where it would redline at now cause she changed gear:I.:D:cool:

MartinSullivan
1st September 2005, 07:00 PM
I think I met your shadow on Friday Fiona - she has a nice car, with great works seats :D

Cooper_si
1st September 2005, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

I think I met your shadow on Friday Fiona - she has a nice car, with great works seats :D

I should have slowed down on getting the file to you ,so you could have swapped them over martin to your car :eek::p:blackeye::D

Mon the fish
2nd September 2005, 02:31 AM
I'll second what Craig has said, difference after less than one tank is impressive, biggest thing for me is the low down torque, closely followed by the throttle response. Feels a bit like a lightened flywheel, as maybe its just me but the revs seem to drop a wee bit faster than before, not in a bad way though.

Will post full feedback after the 500 miles are up and Shell have taken more of my money :D

minidriver#1
2nd September 2005, 03:38 AM
i think i want this lol... can it be easily reversed etc etc... and do you get the software on a physical format as backup etc etc?

MartinSullivan
2nd September 2005, 04:15 AM
It takes 10 minutes to load the revised map KJ and ten miniutes to put it back to standard. If you want a copy of both the maps on cd I can do that for you.

craigcooperSworks
2nd September 2005, 04:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

the revs seem to drop a wee bit faster than before, not in a bad way though.

I also noticed this with the revs dropping slightly quicker!:)

redpoint rallying
2nd September 2005, 04:45 AM
Heres a testimonial for you regarding a Cooper re-map -

Simon at EssentialMini did a re-map for the Cooper rallycar. I specifically needed more torque which was duly provided. The re-map was done for the last rally a couple of weeks ago and was done the night before the event. I did 60 miles on the car prior to the rally and the difference was astonishing. And I dont say that lightly. The improvement was night and day.

He is now fine tuning this map to refine my very specific needs for the rallycar and I cant wait to try it.

Previously the car was very slow out of bends, with the torque band being too far up the rev range for my use. Now you can really feel the car pull, the difference is superb.

You may not need or require the same map as a rallycar but it illustrates the improvements that can be made using a very cost effective and reliable tuning method.

Go and do it!!

M

Big Gordy
2nd September 2005, 04:50 AM
I soooooooooooo need to get mine installed....lol...roll on the party wherever it is :p:D:approve:

Cooper_si
2nd September 2005, 05:10 AM
Ive spotted a few comments about revs falling faster than usual. This is whats called REV-HOLD and is ECU dependant. MTH can remove or alter REV HOLD to make changing gear more enthusiastic and brings the revs back down to the low torque band quicker allowing better low down torque pulling away. This is applicable to all MINIs :)

minidriver#1
2nd September 2005, 06:33 AM
i have a viper induction kit installed which claims and average of 9bhp increase, can my map be created with that taken into account to produce even greater gains? Cos i think i want one for christmas lol

Cooper_si
2nd September 2005, 03:19 PM
KJ...the viper induction will certainly help with the breathing. Not sure if you would get 9bhp on top of the remap but id say you would be looking at about approx 135bhp using 98 RON fuel all the time.

T6 KFR
2nd September 2005, 11:45 PM
I really fancy this re-map too.

However i know its best getting an induction kit etc.... fitted before remap for full benefits.

Is the K & N viper kit best at moment for the Cooper?

MartinSullivan
2nd September 2005, 11:51 PM
Kevin the advantage with the service Si is offering is that you get a years worth of updates to cover modifications, so you could get the map done, then buy the airfilter and get a remap to match - so that you can see what gains the air filter is giving in real terms.

As you are in Aberdeen I can do the downloads etc for you - which is obviously better for you.

Si and I are trying to organise a chip tuning party - check it out here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5449)

T6 KFR
3rd September 2005, 12:06 AM
Thats what i may do.

Ive replied to the tuning party Martin, look forward to it!

Thanks for the offer / help re-mapping when i need to. Ill take you up on that one