PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust...

sh@z
31st August 2005, 07:38 AM
Well i suppose its about that time, my mini will officially be gone in 2 weeks time when i get my new car, and unfortunately it isnt going to be another mini :(

Ill still tag along to some runs, if im allowed that is ;) hehe. Cant wait to get new car tho, will be awesome :D.

So i bid the mini farewell, kind of :)

bpirie1000
31st August 2005, 03:32 PM
hey shaz what you getting to repace teh Poor Mini..

Anything Exciting??

ONE careful owner................

cheers Brian

GAJ
31st August 2005, 05:54 PM
Still more than welcome sh@z.

So spill . . .

Burple
31st August 2005, 07:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

Anything Exciting??

cheers Brian

Ha ha ha LOL..
Not so many of the 'ol troopers left who remember that are there?
Sorry Shaz.. but nobody's mentioned it for a while! :D

sh@z
31st August 2005, 07:25 PM
lol yeah not many who do remember... thankfully :-p

I went for a mazda rx8 (230bhp) in black with black leather :-D, should get it in 2 weeks, its in rotterdam in mazdas car lot or something right now.

GAJ
31st August 2005, 07:32 PM
Very nice! ****el!!

sh@z
31st August 2005, 07:33 PM
yes haha... gonna have to have ****el taken off the protected words thing.

BRING ON THE ****EL.

sh@z
31st August 2005, 07:33 PM
oh its not protected.. yay :D

GAJ
31st August 2005, 07:34 PM
Just done it!

Gismo
31st August 2005, 07:50 PM
Hey Shaz, welcome to 20 MPG :p you'll soon be back in a mini ;)

Scottie
31st August 2005, 07:54 PM
not forgetting the suicide doors.:D really smart car though:cool: in black that will look mean.:cool: or as the boys over on "OCC" would say that looks sick man.

Burple
31st August 2005, 08:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

not forgetting the suicide doors.:D really smart car though:cool: in black that will look mean.:cool: or as the boys over on "OCC" would say that looks sick man.

OCC???
Dare I ask?? ;);):p:p:p:D:D:D

MartinSullivan
31st August 2005, 08:31 PM
OCC = Orange County Choppers of American Chopper fame, see thats the problem with having such a high IQ ;)

Mini Martyn
31st August 2005, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

Anything Exciting??

cheers Brian

Hehehe, those were the days!!?? :blackeye:

Good luck Shaz, look forward to seeing you on a Mazda Run!!?? :D;)

Good bye mini!!

Mini Martyn
31st August 2005, 08:50 PM
Oh and remember to go to the Cash and Carry to get yourself lots of Oil!! :D;):D

http://www.mazdaforum.com/forumid_212/tt.htm

euan
31st August 2005, 09:09 PM
My brother has one, his is deep purple (230bhp as well). I drove it (once - that's all I was allowed!) and it's superb! He just got back from a training day which Mazda had laid on at Prodrive's test circuit, all a bit lairy I think! Skid pans and track driving - not bitter at all!

His best is just above 200 miles from a tank (it doesn't need super, so that's a bit cheaper) but it ain't cheap in petrol. Bloody good fun though!

I've seen a few in black, they look superb - enjoy it!

Burple
31st August 2005, 11:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

OCC = Orange County Choppers of American Chopper fame, see thats the problem with having such a high IQ ;)

Aww.. you wouldn't let it lie!! :D:D

Never seen OCC unfortunately... Love American Hotrod tho!
I *NEED* Boyd Coddingtons to build me a car!

Think it would have to be an old '57 Chevy... :D:D:D

MartinSullivan
31st August 2005, 11:53 PM
Fiona could have sold you some Boyd Coddington wheels ;)

Burple
31st August 2005, 11:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Fiona could have sold you some Boyd Coddington wheels ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sh@z
1st September 2005, 12:36 AM
Ah did u get a mazda too martyn!??!?!?!?! superb.... zoom zoom and all that.

And yeah, i know about it drinking mucho oil too lol. Should be fun nonetheless. I dont do enough mileage to suffer from 20mpg tho, only did 23k miles in the mini in nearly 3 years :-P

Oh and a good rx8 forum is www.rx8club.com if u did in fact get a ****el martyn :p

Cant wait cant wait cant wait!

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Love watching OCC, the stuff they make is unbelievable. Same with American Hotrod.

Julz
1st September 2005, 04:11 PM
Well I'll stick to my current wee jap mobile! Got a wee Mitsi Colt CZT for a few days and man is it fun!:D:D:D

sh@z
6th September 2005, 07:05 AM
hehe Julz :D especially when it isnt yours eh :p

Well they gave me a date, Saturday the 17th i take delivery of my new mowta :D

Nenah
7th September 2005, 07:01 AM
Pouring rain...opposite lock...yahooo (not!)...be careful!!

sh@z
22nd September 2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks Nenah :p

Damn, well i should have the car by now (Saturday infact), but surprise surprise i dont have it yet.

First mazda cocked up getting the car here, delays and whatnot, so it only just arrived in edinburgh as of Monday. But, just like some tv show, on monday afternoon the company Murray Mazda use for storage/warehouse of thier cars went into recivership and all their staff walked out, so they cannot get the cars out, namely MINE!.

So... they are telling me that hopefully today they can get the car out, put it through bodyshop and PDI check and so on, and i 'should' get it on Monday/Tuesday.

WHY ME!!! lol ... just thought id share my ordeal

euan
22nd September 2005, 08:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Thanks Nenah :p

Damn, well i should have the car by now (Saturday infact), but surprise surprise i dont have it yet.

First mazda cocked up getting the car here, delays and whatnot, so it only just arrived in edinburgh as of Monday. But, just like some tv show, on monday afternoon the company Murray Mazda use for storage/warehouse of thier cars went into recivership and all their staff walked out, so they cannot get the cars out, namely MINE!.

So... they are telling me that hopefully today they can get the car out, put it through bodyshop and PDI check and so on, and i 'should' get it on Monday/Tuesday.

WHY ME!!! lol ... just thought id share my ordeal

Absolute nightmare! Just think of the opposite lock - my brother has had his sideways (without trying) at least twice. Does sounds like a washing machine though ;)

Also, make sure you get to do the driving day!

sh@z
22nd September 2005, 09:09 PM
Yeah ... but ive heard some with an intake and a decent exhaust system and oh god they sound lovely :D

I read abou the driving day, i shall be doing that, will be a blast.

jamesp
23rd September 2005, 11:03 PM
I too will be leaving the mini camp soon - i am sure i will enjoy the last couple of months of ownership, the onnly thing i wont miss is the amount of trips to the dealers (off on monday to get the wiring loom recall thing sorted out which makes 8 trips to the dealer in the last six months).

N12 JLK
23rd September 2005, 11:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by jamesp

I too will be leaving the mini camp soon - i am sure i will enjoy the last couple of months of ownership, the onnly thing i wont miss is the amount of trips to the dealers (off on monday to get the wiring loom recall thing sorted out which makes 8 trips to the dealer in the last six months).

thats a shame , ive now owned 2 new minis and never (touch wood) had any problems if any little things crop up our guardian angelMR BROWN MINIME sorts you out asap!

jamesp
25th September 2005, 04:41 AM
Well I have certainly enjoyed the Cooper S - I was thinking of getting a cooper s works but have decided that after three years its time to try something else - The only thing I wont miss is having to avoid all the potholes in Edinburg! Decided to go for the new Golf r32.

quote:Originally posted by lesley12

quote:Originally posted by jamesp

thats a shame , ive now owned 2 new minis and never (touch wood) had any problems if any little things crop up our guardian angelMR BROWN MINIME sorts you out asap!

sh@z
28th September 2005, 07:59 PM
Well, i finally got my RX8 last night at 6, and i have the biggest grin right now, its such a superb car, even more so than i thought after the test drive and when its run in i can find out really what its all about :D

Not had a chance to get pictures and whatnot of it yet, but will get some asap and post them up here for you guys to see. Was mixed emotions when trading in the mini, glad to have the new car, sad to see the mini go, but oh well let the games begin! :D

sh@z
4th October 2005, 12:24 AM
right time for some pictures :D was up in Dundee last night and mistar KJ took some pics of the new car

http://nsanity.co.uk/shaz_rx8/DSC02488.JPG

more pics at http://nsanity.co.uk/shaz_rx8/ let me know what you think :)

Cooper_si
4th October 2005, 12:31 AM
nice one :D was it worth the wait in the end ??

I love the rev counter ! very clear and bright

sh@z
4th October 2005, 12:47 AM
yeah, im absolutely loving it, the engine is amazing and the handling is superb.... id be hard pressed to say which handles better the rx8 or the mini, but edging towards rx8, its limits are much higher than my cooper's were :D

Plus the 240hp comes in handy from time to time :D, bit heavy on the fuel consumption at the moment tho, they say its due to run in and it should get better once its run in (even then its still gonna be thirsty)

Burple
4th October 2005, 01:09 AM
Looking cool...
It's just Like Ellie's Mum's cat, Slinky...

Black..... elegant.... oriental... and Slinky!!! :D:D

Me Like! :cool::D

euan
4th October 2005, 01:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by Cooper_si

I love the speedo ! very clear and bright

I seem to recall - it's not the speedo but the rev counter - is it not an LCD display for the speed?

It does look brilliant though! Love it. Those pics were taken in the car park for the pub, if I'm not mistaken. That was our local while we fitted out the IT in the office next door while living it up in the Hilton the other way. Trying to convince the barman to serve us at 3am was always a challenge...

And your fuel consumption may get better, but my brother is just about getting over 200 miles a tank now.

sh@z
4th October 2005, 01:41 AM
Yeah the speed is digital, thats the rev counter :D

I dont know if its the car park for a pub, its in dundee somewhere lol beside a big boat, KJ will be able to tell u if its for a put or not. 200 a tank yeah thats what a lot of people get, but some people over at rx8 owners club are getting 300 ... driving miss daisy most likely! :p

euan
4th October 2005, 01:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Yeah the speed is digital, thats the rev counter :D

I dont know if its the car park for a pub, its in dundee somewhere lol beside a big boat, KJ will be able to tell u if its for a put or not. 200 a tank yeah thats what a lot of people get, but some people over at rx8 owners club are getting 300 ... driving miss daisy most likely! :p

300 miles a tank? Big girls blouses...

minidriver#1
4th October 2005, 01:57 AM
shaz, get those pics up! i'll host em if u want.
edit... i just read the previous page . lol. sorry

The pics were taken by myself at the Discovery Point in Dundee, we were naughty but it was well worth it.

euan
4th October 2005, 02:36 AM

Now that's just cheating ;)

Cooper_si
4th October 2005, 02:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Now that's just cheating ;)

Shhhhh no one else has noticed yet :blackeye:;):D:D

Scottie
27th October 2005, 05:10 AM
Article in todays Daily Record - states true MPG as being around 12 MPG for the RX8 Hi-Power:eek::eek: not forgetting the oil consumption:p;)