PDA

View Full Version : Just one from Aberdeen....

02blues
29th August 2005, 12:26 PM
Hello all from North Carolina, USA! Just wanted to introduce myself.
I have a 2005 MC S, silver / black with about 6000 miles on it. Love it.

I started an international register for MINI Cooper owners in May of 2005. We now have 224 members. I am collecting photos from around the world and hope to publish a "yearbook". We have over 700 pictures submitted. The best photos will receive prizes as list on the web site. Come check us out.

We only have one member from Scotland...Aberdeen! (Thank you :D)
Hope to see more of you from Scotland. Come give us a look. Thanks.

http://www.bluemarbleyearbook.com

02blues
29th August 2005, 12:29 PM
OK....will someone tell me what a haggis is??? Newbie?

bpirie1000
29th August 2005, 03:11 PM
Haggis is a Very Secret Not seen very often creature that roams Scotland..

Not many people have seen this Secret Creature.

It roams Our Scottish hills Eating Heather and Small creatures.

To See a haggis you have to be Awake really Early and Have to Dress in Fancy dress Screaming In the Hills Like a Moose.. Then and only then May you possibly See a haggis.. The Haggis remains a Scottish Secret. Similar to What a True Scots man wears under his kilt...

Any Plans On Visiting Scotland

Good Luck In your Quest to See the Famous Scottish Haggis.

Brian

monkimagic
1st September 2005, 11:54 PM
Thats two from Aberdeen, sent you some nice photos too

Monki

phantom
2nd September 2005, 02:06 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome :cool::cool::cool:

indigomatt
2nd September 2005, 07:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

To See a haggis you have to be Awake really Early and Have to Dress in Fancy dress Screaming In the Hills Like a Moose.. Then and only then May you possibly See a haggis.. The Haggis remains a Scottish Secret. Similar to What a True Scots man wears under his kilt...

Brian

Although now rarely seen as over hunting has taken it toll...a quirk in Mother Nature blesses this shy & secretive creature with one leg slightly longer than the other...

So the traditional way of catching a nice crop, involves corralling them up a hill...and whist yr then chasing it around the top slopes...stop and surprise the wee beasties by going the other way...much cunning;)...your fellow intrepid haggis hunters can then collect them in nets as they roll doon...! :D

Welcome :cool:

indigomatt
2nd September 2005, 11:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by indigomatt

quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

Brian

Although now rarely seen as over hunting has taken it toll...a quirk in Mother Nature blesses this shy & secretive creature with one leg slightly longer than the other...

So the traditional way of catching a nice crop, involves corralling them up a hill...and whist yr then chasing it around the top slopes...stop and surprise the wee beasties by going the other way...much cunning;)...your fellow intrepid haggis hunters can then collect them in nets as they roll doon...! :D

I’m sure someone else on the site can detail the torrid times of the 17th & 18th century haggis farmers and how trails at repopulation of mainland Europe have been hinderd by the abundence skiers and snow boarders...:cool:

Anyway's Welcome :cool:

john
2nd September 2005, 11:51 PM
I have registered too;)