PDA

View Full Version : tow bar for Cooper 'S'

redpoint rallying
29th August 2005, 05:41 AM
Is there such as thing produced commercially yet? I have seen a few comments and photos on MINI2 and Im aware that MINI dont produce one.

M

Bignorm
30th August 2005, 07:11 PM
martin there is such a thing not from mini tho im just waiting on one of my contacts getting back to me with a price the only thing is it would be coming from new york so might be a little on carridge but ill let u know

bpirie1000
30th August 2005, 08:07 PM
am i the only person to actually spot the problem of the exhuat on a cooper s..

Its in the middle where a tow bar would be.... Eh.....eh... eh...

What happens there then........... pushes teh gasses back into the engine ??

Bizare

MartinSullivan
30th August 2005, 08:13 PM
I believe a company called MiniFini were looking at producing one based on their sportlink system - their website is down just now, but as they are american this might be the one roaster is on about.

Will try and find some pics of it

MartinSullivan
30th August 2005, 08:26 PM
http://user.mc.net/~jdewey/MINI/Trailer_hitch/70_hitch_on_car_1.jpg

I dont think this is the MiniFini one, but a home made one - but I think the principle will be the same

bpirie1000
30th August 2005, 10:11 PM
mmmm looks rather Strange.. Going to make reversing alittle Dark But Hey

I ain't looking for one anyways..

Good Luck.. Thanks for the Interesting Post..

Chers brizee

MartinSullivan
30th August 2005, 10:47 PM
http://www.cooloctane.com/mini/pokerrally03/DSCN8736.jpg

This the mini fini bike rack , to which they made an attachment that could take a tow hitch like in the pic earlier. Looks a quality bit of kit , but was about 600 dollars in the states I believe.

MartinSullivan
30th August 2005, 10:48 PM
Could do the 05 mod and move the reversing lights up into the light clusters and fog light down the way to improve the lighting on reversing I guess

Bignorm
30th August 2005, 11:47 PM
WELL DONE MARTIN YEAH THATS WHAT I WAS ON ABOUT MINIFINE just waiting on them confirming a price

Cooper_si
31st August 2005, 12:18 AM
My friend phoned BMW and they said there wasnt one available but they sent a cooper towbar to a company who were developing a towbar for the cooper S....the company is called MIRA who test new vehicles etc that are due out ;)

That first pic martin....looks abit suspicious...i wouldnt want that towing anything of mine...and the ball looks too close for comfort to the rear bumper also...but yeah interesting thread.

MartinSullivan
31st August 2005, 12:21 AM
Yeah I cant find a pic of the MiniFini version , as you say I wouldnt trust that one, but in principle its the same idea

J Cee
31st August 2005, 07:38 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhh why would you do such a thing to something so perfect?

Bignorm
1st September 2005, 12:31 AM
well there is a towbar avail now from mini the price is £425.00 inc vat plus 7 hours labour only one catch its only avail for the mini one and cooper

redpoint rallying
1st September 2005, 01:05 AM
Martin,

The bike rack one looks the biz. I have forwarded the thread to Diack (of service crew fame). He is on the verge of buying his 'S' but wanted a detachable hook for a bike rack.

Ta

M

gill
3rd September 2005, 06:26 AM
Is it safe to tow something in the 'S' - thought that might damage the supercharger.

Could not tow with turbo-charged car - is the 'S' okay? Not that we've anything to tow, you know!:D