PDA

View Full Version : Lost Key

Big Col
26th August 2005, 04:06 PM
I cannie find the key to my g/f's Ford Puma. Asked how much it was for a new one. £150!!!!!! GUTTED! :(:(:(

I Want A Works
26th August 2005, 07:35 PM
Broke a key for my old laguna last year, one of these new Renault card things. Called the garage how much for a new key? I'd have to take the car in with the other key so that all the keys could be programmed the same, so I'd have to book an appointment. Came to about £150ish!

Modern Technology eh! Who needs it???????

aimee_s
26th August 2005, 09:18 PM
£150?!?!?!?! thats actually crazy.....yup...totally mad, how can they justify that??!

bpirie1000
26th August 2005, 10:38 PM
I used to work for Ford There totally having you on there..

£150 is for an all singing all dancing Key.. Tehy can do a Normal Non Remote key for around £40 Inc Programming..

Which Franchise did you take it to??

you can also get a Key Blank ( Costs about £10) that will allow you to get into teh car but Not start it. Incase you lock teh keys in teh car.. ( ANY FORD KEY LOCKS THE CAR... FOUND OUTHTE HARD WAY WHEN THE IGNITION WAS ON ASWELL OOOPS)

Good Luck.. anyhting I can do give me a shout..

Cheers Brian

Big Col
27th August 2005, 12:05 AM
It's the remote key I've lost mate. I've still got the other one with the wee red bit on it. Is there any way I can get the remote key and programme it myself? The key is only £50 but then they charge a fortune labour. The lowest price I get is £110 from Reg Vardy.

3GGG
27th August 2005, 05:07 AM
That is unbelievable ! - My first car only cost £50...

bpirie1000
29th August 2005, 03:19 PM
affraid Not the Dealers will have to do it.. there was a way to Program a Third Key But you need to have 2 originals before they do it for you.. I suggest Speaking to teh Service Manager or Finding the Other Key..

Doh...

Not goot But Hey Has to be done..

Sorry... Wish tehre was something I could do But Ford have you over a Barrel Here..

Brizeeee

Big Col
29th August 2005, 03:53 PM
Ha! Naw they dinnae! I've found the key!!! Gerrit right up them.

You know how you say that you can add a key? Would that mean I can get a spare remote key for £50 and programme it myself so that this don't happen again?