PDA

View Full Version : RECALL????????

Julz
26th August 2005, 01:45 AM
Anyone else had a letter through the door recalling their mini??:eek:

The later states, as follows;

Safety Recall: MINI ABS/ASC/DSC wiring harness routing

Quality monitoring at MINI has revealed that there is a risk of damage to the wiring harness cable sheathing when the car is in motion due to the routing of the wiring harness. In this event, the ABS and or ASC/DSC indicator or warning lamp could light up in the instrument cluster and there is a possibility of short circuits in the wiring harness.

The 'quality monitoring' bit makes me suspicious to start with! They obviously don't find rattles a problem!!

Ah well, time to try and find a dealer who can sort this for me!!:dead:

indigomatt
26th August 2005, 04:38 PM
:eek: No letter, what year is yr Mini...?

Julz
26th August 2005, 04:49 PM
She's a 2002 build, she'll be 3 tomorrow!!:cool:

MartinSullivan
26th August 2005, 04:55 PM
Mine is 3 in 2 weeks :D Not had the recall letter , but its probably waiting for me down the road

Gismo
26th August 2005, 06:10 PM
I got the letter, but as Julz mentions, the quality bit worries me, i don't even own the car anymore :evil:

The Dogfather
26th August 2005, 07:34 PM
My MC doesn't have either DSC or ASC but will I still get a Recall?

Julz
26th August 2005, 07:36 PM
I think it's only 02 builds that are falling apart!;)

3GGG
26th August 2005, 11:40 PM
I haven't had the letter, but mine is almost exactly 3 years old now, just got the MOT. I have twice had unexplained DSC/ tyre pressure warning lights stuck on, so am a bit worried that my wiring may be suspect. :(

sleepyrascal
29th August 2005, 12:34 AM
I got the letter on Friday..

craigcooperSworks
29th August 2005, 04:12 AM
Waiting for mine to fall upon my doormat!:disapprove:

MartinSullivan
1st September 2005, 06:45 PM
I got my letter today, it was waiting down the road for me. Spoke to a tech about it , and its apparently to address the issues raised on watchdog and in the press where a small number of cars burst into flames. Where the wiring loom comes through the car bulkhead on the right hand side of the engine bay it passes over a sharp metal bracket that over time can split the insulation on the harness and short out some high current feeds.

The fix is to either reroute the cable or fit a stronger plastic sleeve on the cable to prevent it splitting.

Will book mine in to be done with my MOT

Julz
1st September 2005, 08:10 PM
Oh, nothing major then, just a minor toasting issue!!:eek::p:( Must get mine booked in as it needs serviced and MOT'd but she hasn't moved out of the garage for a few days due to my new toy!!:p:D

3GGG
2nd September 2005, 04:52 AM
I got the letter today and have booked it in for next week.

saraandcraig
4th September 2005, 04:37 AM
got my car done at dunedin at selkirk all they do is check the loom if its ok they put a hard plastic sleeve over it for protection. if the loom had started to rub through they would replace it but would need to get it back at a later date. they also washed it ,hoovered it and left a tin of travel sweets and bottle of mini car shampoo foc. reckon they are fishing for my servicing now its out of warranty!!

Julz
6th September 2005, 04:17 PM
Turns out MINI have sent out over 39000 letters and have done it in 3 batches (this week being the last batch to go out). was told most (if not all 02 plate cars and before) have been recalled

(taken from a post on Mini2);)

sleepyrascal
6th September 2005, 07:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

I got the letter on Friday..

Booked in for Wednesday :mad:

Its all very well recalling cars etc, but they want mine for the whole day almost. Probably because they will try and do 10 at the same time. I guarentee they will want me to pick it up at 5 right in the middle of rush hour. They always do!!

Julz
6th September 2005, 07:10 PM
Mine won't get booked in til I find somewhere to service her!! Local garage going to do the MOT on friday as they have a flat access ramp, being a decent garage!!;):p