PDA

View Full Version : Pug 106

euan
25th August 2005, 05:52 PM
My brother has been looking at a Pug 106 Rallye. He's planning on running it for a while as a second car and then getting to work on it with the view to racing/rallying it.

Can anyone comment on what to look for in one of these? The reason I ask is that I'm the one who's likely to have to go and look at them as all the cars he's seen so far are around London.

Problems, what to look for, and how easy it it to convert to a rally car would be apreciated (the last bit is for my own interest!)

Julz
25th August 2005, 06:19 PM
Sod the 106, how about a 205?? I have a very nice one with an Mi16 engine for sale!!

As for rally prepping them, we have a friend who rallys 205's and seeing as the 106 is the smaller version, they're really easy to work with! Everything comes out quite easily and I think roll cages are quite easy to fit. Parts are relatively cheap too!!;):D

euan
25th August 2005, 08:38 PM
Ah, he'd love to have another 205! He had one for a while and loved it, broke his heart when he had to sell it (he did buy a MINI though so it wasn't all that bad!)

He wants a 106 as his other half is going to learn to drive and this will be her car until she has passed her test and got some miles under her belt and then he plans on ripping it to pieces.

I have my doubts if she will actually get to do that much driving in it, after he sold his Westfield he's been itching for another toy (there was me thinking that's why he bought an RX8 - that's what he told me anyway!)

Bignorm
26th August 2005, 12:01 AM
TELL HIM TO BUY A FIESTA MY FRIEND IS SELLING ONE ITS WELL RALLY SPEC WITH A 2L 16V INIT AND THE OTHETR HALF CAR DRIVE IT ASWELL

Mini Me
26th August 2005, 07:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by roaster21

TELL HIM TO BUY A FIESTA MY FRIEND IS SELLING ONE ITS WELL RALLY SPEC WITH A 2L 16V INIT AND THE OTHETR HALF CAR DRIVE IT ASWELL

Norman, lower case mate [v]...your shouting at everyone !!!!;)

sh@z
26th August 2005, 08:07 PM
he is ordering you to buy it!!!

bpirie1000
26th August 2005, 10:40 PM
eh Me thinks the Idea of the 106 is for insurance and that just wouldn't work in a 2.0 Fiesta Now Would it.. But Nice all teh same..

maybe try an advert on the forsale Section Someone might Bite........

good luck..