PDA

View Full Version : company car

N12 JLK
24th August 2005, 03:04 AM
comin up soon for new car for work, any ideas what to get, have got an avensis at the moment.Thinking of astra,vectra,masda6, what do you think :question:

The Dogfather
24th August 2005, 03:58 AM
Monaro LOL!;)

There's loads of new motors out soon Civic, Astra VXR,Seat Leon, Clio, Passat and VRS Skoda Octiva

Scottie
24th August 2005, 04:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

comin up soon for new car for work, any ideas what to get, have got an avensis at the moment.Thinking of astra,vectra,masda6, what do you think :question:

guess it depends on what type of scheme your on. We just get a list and with BP its anything done by ford so most of our us go for Jaguar got to say nice motor for a ford:)

Craig
24th August 2005, 04:09 AM
I had a Mazda6 and would recommend it to anyone.... It is a fantastic drive and if you get to spec a TS2 is comes with a BOSE stereo.....cool:cool:

The 136 ps TDI is a riot

Craig

I Want A Works
24th August 2005, 10:34 AM
Ren Laguna 1.9DCI is what I got 140BHP is not too much but I can still break the speed limit (only on private courses of course)!

Handles no to bad round the corners. Can do glasgow airport to Aberdeen in just aover 2 hours on a slow day, Aberdeen to Thurso in just over 3 (and if you have been up here, you should see the roads) and still goves me 40+MPG, not that that will bother you for a company car!

euan
24th August 2005, 05:40 PM
We can get pretty much anything at our work (the list does have Porsche on it!) but as our car allowance is rubbish everyone ends up with something else.

I quite like (whispers...) Volvo S40 - very funky dash but it's a Volvo. To be honest I can't see beyond the Golf GT TDi - good handling (not going to set the world on fire though) and a strong engine. Only downside is that the build quality seems to be a bit iffy.

The new Seats would be worth a look, read a good review of the new Leon.