PDA

View Full Version : What Sat Nav?????

T6 KFR
22nd August 2005, 09:32 PM
Right, not always the way it works but my misses has decided she wants to mod the mini with Sat Nav (first mod she has ever wanted...do i complain no! So next time I will bring this up.. LOL)

Anyway, we went shopping for one and to be honest im lost. Whats the best unit out there from your experience? Tom Tom / Garmin / PDA??

HELP:question:

sh@z
23rd August 2005, 06:52 AM
Uncle has a tom tom, very easy to use and quite funky,

Gismo
24th August 2005, 05:11 AM
The PDA route is ok but limited to the screen size and didn't get much praise in various media advisers, also Top Gear flamed them.

Mikeythemini installed a kenwood system into my car and it's excellent :cool:
Also plays DVD movies and DVD's crammed full of MP3's, add the iPod link and you have a fab media system

It'll be down to your personal choice in the end :)

colink
26th August 2005, 05:58 AM
I agree with Bonnie Scotland. Mikey fitted the Kenwood KVT925 DVD + Navigation in my MCS - same as Bonnie Scotland's but adds TV, slightly different display, etc. Absolutely AWESOME! The sat nav is superb. When we were in France on the GoMINI trip, our Nav worked when the BMW and Tom Tom etc systems had long given up. The TMC (traffic monitoring) is excellent as well - the re-routing is quick and very effective.

A lot depends on how much you're prepared to spend but if you want the best for your MINI ;)

Craig
26th August 2005, 06:19 AM
I got Ipaqs with TOM TOM for the top people at my work and I found it very easy to use AND they had a PDA to use as well. Worked out at around £250 for the lot. As said before, it depends what your budget is. If you don't want the PDA, but still TOM TOM, then the TOM TOM 300 GPS which is a funky little TV screen thing comes in at about £350 inc VAT.

Hope this helps

Craig

T6 KFR
30th August 2005, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the info.

I have looked at the Tom Tom, seems quite an easy system to use.

Def think budget wise, no more than 350.00.