PDA

View Full Version : Run to the Oxford Mother Ship 11/11/2005

Pages : [1] 2

Heather
22nd August 2005, 04:54 AM
As a few folk have expressed interest in this in S700ony's thread, I thought it might be an idea to see if anyone else would like to tour the Oxford Mother Ship. I received the following email from the tour organiser.
"Thanks for your interest in our Plant Tours.
Plant Tours are still going strong and busy.
During October, November and December we will be doing exclusively
evening tours, starting at 18:30.
Please let me know if I could offer you an evening tour during October, November or December.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,
Giovanna Monteiro"
The tour costs £3 (most of which goes to the Whizz Kidz charity) and lasts two and a half hours.
As they only run the tours Monday to Friday it may be an idea to travel down during the day on Friday (very early start!) drop our stuff at the local Travel Inn and then head to the factory to pay homage. Not sure if folk would want to head home on the Saturday or the Sunday?
I know Fiona, Allen and Duncan had expressed interest. Any others?

***UPDATE***
The tour will be at 6.30 pm on Friday, 11th November.

As there is a limit of 30 for the tour could you confirm if you are still interested and if so how many people you will be bringing. Please note that under 14s are not allowed for health and safety reasons.

The nearest cheapish hotel is the Premier Travel Inn, Oxford Business Park, Garsington Road, Oxford, OX4 2JZ (Tel. 08701 977 204) where the rooms are £57.95 a night.

Let the adventure begin!

1) Heather (1 confirmed and hotel booked)
2) Scottiecoop (2 confimed and hotel booked)
3) Duncan Stewart and Helen (2 confirmed and hotel booked)
4) Weefossy and mum (2 confirmed and mum booking hotel)
5) Crombers (1 confirmed hotel booked)
6) Duncan (1 confirmed hotel booked)
7) BS and Julie (2 confirmed and hotel booked)
8) MarkyC +1 (2 confirmed and hotel booked)
9) s700ony and Christine (2 confirmed and hotel booked)
10) Mon the fish and father (2 confimed and hotel booked)
11)
12) Mr and Mrs Minime (2 confirmed and hotel booked by Mrs. minime)
13) Weefossy Jnr (1 confirmed and hotel being booked by his mum!)
14) LnL (1 confimed and bunking with Crombers)
15) Goldmini and tricia ( 2 confirmed)

Total confimed for run - 24

There is a limit of 30 people allowed on the tour

Reserve List

1) Willie and Linda M (if their Saturday becomes free)

DOWNLOAD RUN DIRECTIONS HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/Mothership_directions.pdf)

john
22nd August 2005, 08:00 AM
Depending on the date we would also like to go:)

The Dogfather
22nd August 2005, 03:53 PM
Would love to come along as well, only issue is the what to do with the dog, maybe able to drop him off with the parents on the way down........

Can you put us down a a maybe :D

Smurf
22nd August 2005, 03:55 PM
We would have liked to do this - but we don't have any more holidays to take off work.......

Maybe next time. :(

Crombers
22nd August 2005, 06:01 PM
Interested :approve:. I could combine a visit to my sisters as well :).

Neil and Lorna
22nd August 2005, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Would love to come along as well, only issue is the what to do with the dog, maybe able to drop him off with the parents on the way down........

Can you put us down a a maybe :D

Hi Paul

Travelodge allow dogs in there rooms.
Some make a charge some dont and weve paid different amounts at seperate lodges.
I think you have to phone the lodge first to confirm you have a dog.

Hope this helps.

Neil and Lorna :D

Duncan Stewart
22nd August 2005, 09:55 PM
Great sounding plan :D
October a bit busy but November / December good for us.

Heather
24th August 2005, 01:04 AM
Sorry for no further information as I am still waiting for the MINI tours people to get back to me. (after one phone call and two emails) Will post some possible dates as soon as I get them.:)

lightbody
24th August 2005, 02:40 AM
Interested but depends on my work situation!

There and back on a tank eh Heather? :)

N12 JLK
24th August 2005, 02:43 AM
sounds good for November , too busy during October with work.wont be allowed time off then.

Lesley and Jason down for that if date fits

Heather
24th August 2005, 02:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody
There and back on a tank eh Heather? :)

Maybe not;)
Have put you and lesley down.

Willie M
24th August 2005, 04:07 PM
I would definitely be interested in making the trip Heather, dependent on dates of course :cool:

Heather
25th August 2005, 07:14 PM
Still no reply:( Have sent YET ANOTHER email hoping for a response. Maybe Minime has some contacts who could help:question:

hogg88
25th August 2005, 08:24 PM
:) I would be up for this, depends on dates :)

Crombers
25th August 2005, 08:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by hogg88

:) I would be up for this, depends on dates :)

You could get another roof mate whilst your there ;):p

ianking
25th August 2005, 08:54 PM
i could well be interested in that depending on the dates of course for work etc.

Mini Me
26th August 2005, 03:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

Still no reply:( Have sent YET ANOTHER email hoping for a response. Maybe Minime has some contacts who could help:question:

On the case......;)
Failure is not an option :evil::D

Heather
26th August 2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks Iain!!:D:D:D
Due to our friend and sponsor a date has now been extracted from the tours people at Cowley. It appears some of the information I had been given was a bit left of centre but we have been given a Friday evening to tour the plant and the front page has been updated with the details. Due to a limit on the numbers allowed (30) I would be grateful if you could confirm 1) If you are still up for it and 2) How many folks will be in your car. It should be noted that under 14's are not allowed for health and safety reasons.

ianking
26th August 2005, 10:40 PM
yes im still wanting to go. I believe i will be travelling with robbea in his new S and we will be wanting to stay at the travelodge or wherever it is that will take us. can you tell me the date so i can organise time from work.

robbea
26th August 2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah I can confirm I will take Ian. Cheers

Heather
26th August 2005, 11:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

can you tell me the date so i can organise time from work.

Its on on front page:D

ny152
27th August 2005, 12:32 AM
Hi Heather
Need to check the dates when I start back at work - but should be good to go :)

Have reserved a room at the Travel Inn just now though - they dont charge your card until day of arrival.

Gismo
27th August 2005, 12:41 AM
Please put my name down :) but, as always it'll be work dependant ;) i'll most likely be coming with me julie
Are people - have people booked the hotel you have suggested :question:

Heather
27th August 2005, 01:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Please put my name down :) but, as always it'll be work dependant ;) i'll most likely be coming with me julie
Are people - have people booked the hotel you have suggested :question:

Dont know about anyone else Alan, just know me and GAJ have. Think ianking was going to try there too. Have added you and J. (Just read Goldmini's post! He has too)

Mini Me
27th August 2005, 01:52 AM
Might try and wangle some time off for this :p:p........

Gismo
27th August 2005, 02:11 AM
Dont know about anyone else Alan, just know me and GAJ have.
Hotel booked too :cool: assuming it's the only travelodge in Oxford 8)

The Dogfather
27th August 2005, 03:13 AM
I'll confirm B4 the end of the weekend, will have Jackie with me......

Heather
27th August 2005, 03:19 AM
Hotel booked too :cool: assuming it's the only travelodge in Oxford 8)

Number for the suggested hotel on the first page. Please note it is a Premier Travel Inn and NOT a Travelodge (two different companies)

Gismo
27th August 2005, 03:42 AM
Please note it is a Premier Travel Inn and NOT a Travelodge (two different companies)
;):p:D

:approve:;)

Scottie
27th August 2005, 04:31 AM
I'm coming:cool:

I've booked hotel and full english:D using the number on the first page and it will be for 2.

Craig
28th August 2005, 05:25 PM
Can you add MarkyC plus 1 to the list please (his dial up is murder ;))

I am still in negotiation with the finance manager as she can't go 'cos she will be working...:(

Mini Me
29th August 2005, 12:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Hold on there BD, i'm sure there will be some health and safety issues with someone like you being allowed in !!!:p.

Nice car park tho.......:p

Duncan Stewart
29th August 2005, 04:51 AM
That's Helen and I booked up at the Travel Inn :D

markyc
29th August 2005, 06:15 AM
Heather,

Thats my hotel room booked and confirmed ;):D

I've told the lassie at reception to make sure the beers
are chilled and there's plenty of ice for the voddie :clown::dead::clown:

Bring it on!!! :p:cool::)

stoney
29th August 2005, 07:14 AM
me and christine would like 2 come along will phone and book hotel 2morw (mon) so u can count us in if ok rob and christine

The Dogfather
29th August 2005, 05:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime
Hold on there BD, i'm sure there will be some health and safety issues with someone like you being allowed in !!!:p.

Nice car park tho.......:p

Maybe the same Health and Safety reasons that would prevent me from ordering a new car from you:question:;)

ianking
29th August 2005, 08:17 PM
thats the premier travel inn Oxford booked for robert and I so we are all set now. The national motor museum is not very far away so i hope to go there on sat. Silverstone is also only a stones throw away. I have been to the Williams F1 centre very close to Oxford for a conference with my work. It has a great F1 museum and shop. I stayed at the same travel inn that time and it seems fine. very clean.

Heather
29th August 2005, 08:31 PM
I like the sound of the national motor museum:D

Crombers
29th August 2005, 08:35 PM
Anybody want to roomshare with a 'straight' MINI ;) driver with a slightly ''bent'' under carriage :(

Craig
29th August 2005, 09:07 PM
Crombers - If I can get the finance manager to endorse the spending of money, I'll be looking for a similarly straight type person to share with. Consider yourself now with a "roomie"

Craig;)

Mon the fish
30th August 2005, 02:19 AM
Put me down, I'll bring along my dad who'll I'll meet at the venue. he's travelling up from Surrey (not in a Mini, boo).

So driving down on my own (unless anyone wants a lift!), but need 2 spaces on factory tour

stoney
30th August 2005, 04:48 AM
thats us booked should be good !!!!!!

Craig
30th August 2005, 06:16 AM
Put me down as a definate Heather. Crombers, I'll share a room with you, if that's ok with you. Just book it and I'll pass you the cash for my share.

cheers

Craig:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2005, 07:35 AM
We'd love to come Heather, but our usual doggy sitters (Neil & Lorna) are out of the country that week.:(

I don't suppose the travelodge would be keen on us turning up with two dogs and a cat.:D

Never mind.:(

Have fun!:D

AndyP & Lenore

hogg88
30th August 2005, 05:37 PM
:( Again work commitments are going to stop me going :(

Hope you all have a fabulous time :)

Crombers
30th August 2005, 05:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Put me down as a definate Heather. Crombers, I'll share a room with you, if that's ok with you. Just book it and I'll pass you the cash for my share.

cheers

Craig:D

No probs Craig , just booking in with my sister for the Sat Sun , so will confirm asap :)

GAJ
30th August 2005, 06:58 PM
You can read some details of the tour here. (http://www.motoringfile.com/2005/06/09/plant_oxford_mini_manufacturing_tour)

markyc
31st August 2005, 01:32 AM
National motor museum, Silverstone, Williams F1 Centre is just keeps getting better :D:)

You never know we might get a free MINI each at the factory out of the goodness of BMW's heart :eek::p

Then again maybe not :disapprove::D:cool:

RS
31st August 2005, 04:45 AM
Please put my name down for this. My wife Steph will be coming along also.

Unfortunately we won't be able to travel down in Steph's Mini, as we will need to take our bigger car in order to get everything in that we need to take, when we go away for the weekend!

Nenah
31st August 2005, 08:54 AM
Heather

You have mail - hotel room booked and confirmed.

Thanks!
Nenah :)

Crombers
31st August 2005, 06:20 PM
That's me & CraigD booked up :approve:

Neil and Lorna
31st August 2005, 09:03 PM
We would love to go but were in Florida on oor holidays.:D

Maybe the ones that cant make this one would want to go down next year sometime maybe in the spring.:)

Neil & Lorna

Heather
1st September 2005, 02:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil
Maybe the ones that cant make this one would want to go down next year sometime maybe in the spring.:)

Is that a volunteer?;)

Mini Me
1st September 2005, 03:28 AM
Heather, i have managed to arrange a babysitter for the friday night !!!! so as long as i can arrange the time off ,you think Mr & Mrs Minime could squeeze in ???:p

Scottie
1st September 2005, 03:44 AM

Heather, i have managed to arrange a babysitter for the friday night !!!! so as long as i can arrange the time off ,you think Mr & Mrs Minime could squeeze in ???:p

Oh No.:cool::D

Heather
1st September 2005, 03:47 AM

you think Mr & Mrs Minime could squeeze in ???:p

Of course!!! Its the least I can do.:D

Mini Me
2nd September 2005, 03:37 AM
got the time off, now all need to to is find diggs !!!!

Craig
2nd September 2005, 03:49 AM
I thought we were going to get away from salesmen???;);)

glad to see your coming along Ian, just bring the company credit card for the bar:D:D

The Premier Travel Inn in Oxford is where we are all staying - details on the first page.. or go to www.premiertravelinn.co.uk and book on-line;)

Mini Me
2nd September 2005, 04:04 AM
Get Mrs Minime to book it when she comes back fae the sun beds:p.........she does the spending !!! lol.

Cheers Craig.

Heather
2nd September 2005, 04:29 AM
Looks like we only have one space left! I had no idea that this run would turn out to be so popular:D
I like the thought of Iain bringing along a company credit card;):p

duncan
2nd September 2005, 05:26 AM
Can I be the One space left, Heather?

Heather
2nd September 2005, 07:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Can I be the One space left, Heather?

Consider it done! Hotel details are on the front page Duncan.

Ladies and gentleman we have a full run. I will start a reserve list in case there are any late pullouts.

Mon the fish
2nd September 2005, 01:06 PM
Hotel now booked :p

Burple
2nd September 2005, 05:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

Hotel now booked :p

Love to go, but no transport just now :(
..but I can offer to share the cost of a room and petrol if someone can take me!

Can I go on the reserve list please? :p:p:):D

Mini Me
2nd September 2005, 07:52 PM
mrs minime has now booked accommodation- it was for the 11th november????

Mini Me
2nd September 2005, 08:39 PM
Oi ,wench gerroff ma PC !!!!!!!.
Uve got dusting to do ....:p

Heather
2nd September 2005, 10:05 PM

Oi ,wench gerroff ma PC !!!!!!!.
Uve got dusting to do ....:p

I would watch what you are saying.....you may get your pocket money docked:D

Mini Me
3rd September 2005, 09:34 AM
Heather, we should ave made ticket's for this....doh :p
Sold out faster than you can say..."it's time to buy a new mowta fae minime" :p

N12 JLK
4th September 2005, 06:42 PM
oh how i really want to goto this run:(:(:(, Kerr is 5 when we are away so cant go , maybe we can all go again next year?

Crombers
5th September 2005, 09:00 PM
Rumour has it that certain peeps might not be taking their MINI'S on this fantastic trip :eek:;). Here was me thinking ''BRILL'' 17 Scottish MINI'S in a convoy going doon sooth to visit our Engerlander friends. Now we may have the odd Euro box in tow :(:p.

PS Heather , Discussed yesterday if we could bring our Kilts as it could be the (optional) dress code for the factory tour

PPS Heather , (Just a wee thought for your consideration en route) I know of a crackin place to stop around Preston (5mins from the M6) It's actually an Organic Farm that has it's own restaurant (breakfasts are HUGE) & shop. Shops sells all dairy products (ma brother in law bought Wild Boar last time we popped in - it was suuuuuperb) & has an emense selection of Ice Cream (I know it will be November but what the heck). Let me know & I'll get details :D

Heather
5th September 2005, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Now we may have the odd Euro box in tow :(:p.
Ohhh I dont think so!!! Mini run means Minis going on a run. Its a run to the mothership for gawds sake! Why would you go in anything other than one of her offspring :p

quote:
PS Heather , Discussed yesterday if we could bring our Kilts as it could be the (optional) dress code for the factory tour
Any opportunity to see men in kilts sounds good to me!

quote:
I know of a crackin place...........Let me know & I'll get details :D
Sounds more interesting than a service station....More info would be appreciated!

Crombers
6th September 2005, 01:32 AM

Now we may have the odd Euro box in tow :(:p.
Ohhh I dont think so!!! Mini run means Minis going on a run. Its a run to the mothership for gawds sake! Why would you go in anything other than one of her offspring :p

quote:
Any opportunity to see men in kilts sounds good to me!

quote:
I know of a crackin place...........Let me know & I'll get details :D
Sounds more interesting than a service station....More info would be appreciated!

One determined woman , like it :approve:

MINIS only (& Kilts if you have one) ya bams ;):p;):p;):p

& I,m on the case re Preston , Captain Heather :D

Willie M
6th September 2005, 03:53 PM
Bo**ocks, Bo**ocks, Bo**ocks, and even more Bo**ocks :mad::mad:

Can't believe my luck (or lack of it). The only Saturday in November we have something on is the morning after the 11th <Grrrrr...> :evil:

Free up our space for Ln'L Heather. Pop us on the resrve list though, who knows, circumstances may change.

Mini Me
6th September 2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Heather

quote: Mini run means Minis going on a run. Its a run to the mothership for gawds sake! Why would you go in anything other than one of her offspring :p

Haw, haw....you know who you are ya couple oh fairies:evil::D:evil:

Crombers
6th September 2005, 06:13 PM
As requested Heather (& folks):cool:

http://www.huntleysofsamlesbury.co.uk

Crombers
6th September 2005, 06:18 PM
http://www.huntleysofsamlesbury.co.uk/contact.asp

stoney
6th September 2005, 07:05 PM
why not it looks good a lot better then one of those crappy sirvice stations this will be my fist run with use guys and girls !!!!!!!!!

Crombers
6th September 2005, 08:33 PM
I certainly think so & we pass an Esso (do they do 'S' fuel?) petrol station between motorway & farm :approve:

weefossy
7th September 2005, 06:59 AM
Heather, can you add us to reserve list please? Dates are now free and we would love to come.

Heather
7th September 2005, 07:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Heather, can you add us to reserve list please?
As far as I am aware Euan (lnl) still needs transport to go on the run, so if this is still the case and he has not blagged a lift you will be in at number 17.:D

Heather
7th September 2005, 08:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini - 26 Aug 2005 : 19:13:36

Could you confirm ASAP, as there this now a reserve list.

ny152
7th September 2005, 09:24 PM
Heather, can you add Tricia back to the Factory Tour please.

(This is in exchange for us going shoppping on the Saturday :))

Craig
7th September 2005, 11:52 PM
I knew something was going to c*ck this up :mad::mad::mad:. Looked at the calendar and there was nobody off, so craig thinks <nae bother, I can go to Oxford>. Put my request in for time off and the boss says "your on a course that week that finishes at 4pm in Glasgow, so you can't have the friday off" AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!:evil::evil: When looking at the calendar again, the boss had put it in very light ink - when questioned he said "my pen was running out that day..

In short - I'm not going now.......NUTS!

I will be more than happy to organise a run down there next year around Apr/May time, so when your down Heather, could you ask them to check their calendar for available tours.... probably best to get a Friday again.

Craig:(

<completely gutted and going to have a beer watching the footie tonight>

PS - Sorry Crombers mate, I'll not be bunking down with you <oooeeerr missus>. If you fail to get someone to share with you, I'll sort you out with half the room cost nae problem - it's not your fault after all.

Crombers
8th September 2005, 12:31 AM
(Me thinks any excuse not to put milage on Knottie eh folks)
Nah ..... only jesting chief ;)

Bollocks man , what a bummer :( sorry your not gonna make this.

New room mate required , who wanna take Craig place :p

Heather
8th September 2005, 12:52 AM
Gutted for you Craig:(
Anyone brave enough to share with Crombers?;)
The Fossies and their famous chuck wagon are in at number 5
:D

Burple
8th September 2005, 05:18 AM

(Me thinks any excuse not to put milage on Knottie eh folks)
Nah ..... only jesting chief ;)
Bollocks man , what a bummer :( sorry your not gonna make this.
New room mate required , who wanna take Craig place :p

Is there some way we can engineer me gettin near you on the Friday??...
Hmmmm... I wonder.

I'd be up for it if i can get there.. Anyone else from round Dundee going down like a passenger till we all meet up? :clown:

But then again, if not it's fine, no worries, I should have my new toy in plenty of time for the next one!
:D:D

Scottie
8th September 2005, 05:27 AM
lnl we will have two mini's passing perth with a front passenger seat free in both if that helps.

Crombers
8th September 2005, 08:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Is there some way we can engineer me gettin near you on the Friday??...
Hmmmm... I wonder.

I'd be up for it if i can get there.. Anyone else from round Dundee going down like a passenger till we all meet up? :clown:

But then again, if not it's fine, no worries, I should have my new toy in plenty of time for the next one!

No problem sir. Will happily take you down to the Mothership in ma MINI. I,m sure we can arrange a suitable meet up point (whatcha thinkin of Heather , Stirling , Glasgow , Hamilton :question:) & Fiona has kindly offered to uplift Perth as well ;). The only problem is that on the Saturday I,m gonna slope off to my sisters over in Herts for the rest of the weekend but I,m sure however that some kind person will offer to bring you back up North :p;):approve:

A volunteer please :D

MartinSullivan
8th September 2005, 09:04 PM
Can you not just leave him down there ;) only joking LnL - but you would be the first to say it if it was someone else :D

Crombers
8th September 2005, 09:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Can you not just leave him down there ;) only joking LnL - but you would be the first to say it if it was someone else :D

:D:D:D:D anythings po££ible folks ;);););)

N12 JLK
8th September 2005, 11:03 PM

I knew something was going to c*ck this up :mad::mad::mad:. Looked at the calendar and there was nobody off, so craig thinks <nae bother, I can go to Oxford>. Put my request in for time off and the boss says "your on a course that week that finishes at 4pm in Glasgow, so you can't have the friday off" AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!:evil::evil: When looking at the calendar again, the boss had put it in very light ink - when questioned he said "my pen was running out that day..

In short - I'm not going now.......NUTS!

I will be more than happy to organise a run down there next year around Apr/May time, so when your down Heather, could you ask them to check their calendar for available tours.... probably best to get a Friday again.

Craig:(

<completely gutted and going to have a beer watching the footie tonight>

PS - Sorry Crombers mate, I'll not be bunking down with you <oooeeerr missus>. If you fail to get someone to share with you, I'll sort you out with half the room cost nae problem - it's not your fault after all.

will go next year craig if your planning one,cant make it also due to Kerrs birthday party

Mon the fish
9th September 2005, 11:53 PM
Been in Norway for the week watching Scotland have a fantastic win, so just catching up a bit.

Kilts - sounds fab, had mine on all week so well up for that! Take it its just kilt and timbies, not full prince charlie regalia? Kilts with Scotland tops look so much better. And the Norwegians loved them!

My parents stay in Surrey so know the way well, J.23 of M6 (Liverpool way) has Shell station right next to it at good prices, about 3-3.5 hrs from Stirling.

Any news on meeting point? Stirling, Hamilton etc?

Heather
10th September 2005, 04:40 AM
Kilts are optional, but may be nice;)
I have not had time to look at routes or timings but the main meeting point will be at the Bothwell Service Station on the M74. I will try and have something ready on Monday.
Malcolm/Siobhan can you confirm if you are def coming?:D

Nenah
11th September 2005, 01:19 AM
As requested Heather (& folks):cool:

http://www.huntleysofsamlesbury.co.uk

Ohh! Looks great, Crombers top idea. :)

Heather, can we stop off pleeeeeeeeease? Can we? Can we? Can we?:):)

John seconds the idea but that wasnt hard with ice cream on the menu - SOLD!:p

I love the Kilt idea - with 'timbers...such a good look! Mmmmm...lots of men in kilts and lots of mini's...can hardly wait for November! :p

Heather
11th September 2005, 01:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

Think it will be a defo N, have emailed them to make sure they can accomodate us, just waiting for a reply. Ice cream for brekky? He will end up with a sore tummy........:p:D

Nenah
11th September 2005, 02:38 AM

Think it will be a defo N, have emailed them to make sure they can accomodate us, just waitieng for a reply. Ice cream for brekky? He will end up with a sore tummy........:p:D

Brekky..lunch and dinner if it was possible!! Cool - cant wait for this trip! :D

Mon the fish
11th September 2005, 09:20 PM

[quote]Originally posted by crombers

I love the Kilt idea - with 'timbers...such a good look! Mmmmm...lots of men in kilts and lots of mini's...can hardly wait for November! :p

If only I could drive my Mini in my size 12 timbies... :p

weefossy
12th September 2005, 04:31 AM
Heather,yes we are a defo. Will get Sioban to book hotels. Can't do a kilt with my legs:(8)

duncan
13th September 2005, 01:51 AM
Driving with Kilts :eek:

Dont fancy getting the leather damaged with the buckles.
Plus my kilt is too small for me now. Not that im too big for it now ;)

Gismo
13th September 2005, 02:19 AM
I'm assuming the kilt wearing is for the visit, if so, i'll wear mine, i can still fit into it :approve:

Scottie
13th September 2005, 02:31 AM
Well I'm not wearing a Kilt:I could you imagine what a site:I

but I will wear a tartan scarf to join in.:D

Mr Scottiecoop is taking his kilt.

Scottie
13th September 2005, 02:33 AM

Heather,yes we are a defo. Will get Sioban to book hotels. Can't do a kilt with my legs:(8)

hey you could get a tartan bunnet;):D

weefozzy Jr
13th September 2005, 02:50 AM
right people put me down, i'll be there. lnl i'll have a seat for you on the way back if you need it. will get mum to sort my room lol.

Heather
13th September 2005, 03:36 AM
LnL seems that Fi will give you a lift to Hamilton, Crombers will give you a lift to Oxford and will half the bunk cost and Weefossy Jnr will give you a lift back.
So........you coming then????:D

Burple
13th September 2005, 06:00 PM

LnL seems that Fi will give you a lift to Hamilton, Crombers will give you a lift to Oxford and will half the bunk cost and Weefossy Jnr will give you a lift back.

Hell yeah!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Count me in please!

Scottie
13th September 2005, 06:18 PM

Hell yeah!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Count me in please!

Oh no :D:p:eek:

Burple
14th September 2005, 12:05 AM
quote:

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just have to find my way up to Perth then :D No prob :cool:

I take it you're coming down from Inverness Fi?

Gismo
14th September 2005, 12:30 AM
Ewan, i could pick you up in Dundee to get you to Perth, but, it'll be a squeeze with me and me julie plus baggage
Also, on the way home i'm doing another run and not coming home until Sunday

Burple
14th September 2005, 02:02 AM

Ewan, i could pick you up in Dundee to get you to Perth, but, it'll be a squeeze with me and me julie plus baggage
Also, on the way home i'm doing another run and not coming home until Sunday

Hey alan, Cheers, that would be great! I'm only ickle like your good self, an I'll only have a wee bag with me!
Getting home will prob be easier, if Neil's still on for giving me a lift. I can work it out! :D:D Even if it means me jumping on a train or bus for the last part.. I don't mind :D

weefozzy Jr
14th September 2005, 02:37 AM
yeah mate its not a prob. sorry its only to north berwick or edinburgh tho.

Heather
14th September 2005, 03:22 AM
Huntlys (the restaurant off the M6) have got back to me to say its not a problem for us to turn up for brekkie! I just have to email them an approximate arrival time.

RUN DIRECTIONS NOW ON FRONT PAGE

This is not a run in a tradional sense - i.e no twisties etc as time dictates we have to be in Oxford sharp or we miss our tour. The timings are generous and are calculated within the speed limits. If you want to steam down the motorway or race then perhaps it would be better if you don't drive with the convoy. There are comfort stops as well as the Crombers "big farm breakfasts & ice cream" scran break.
Traffic may be heavy as it's a Friday but we should still arrive in Oxford by 3.30 so folk have time for a quick snack before the highlight of the run:D I believe the factory is almost visable from the hotel.

Scottie
14th September 2005, 05:05 AM

quote:

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just have to find my way up to Perth then :D No prob :cool:

I take it you're coming down from Inverness Fi?

lnl not to worry if Allan has his Checkmate (on time) depending on minime:p I'll send him up to Dundee to pick you up it's only about another 25 mins.:cool:

but be warned his choice in music is Cliff Richards:blackeye::p

Burple
14th September 2005, 06:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefozzy Jr

yeah mate its not a prob. sorry its only to north berwick or edinburgh tho.

Edinburgh would be spot on matey :D (so long as I don't get caught in customs at the station ;))

Burple
14th September 2005, 06:52 AM
quote:
lnl not to worry if Allan has his Checkmate (on time) depending on minime:p I'll send him up to Dundee to pick you up it's only about another 25 mins.:cool:

but be warned his choice in music is Cliff Richards:blackeye::p

..erm...erm..erm.. :D
Oh man.. the agony! :D:D:D:D (I keed!)
Hopefully I should be able to get the train to Perth depending on what time we leave.
Don't want to put you (or anyone else) out of your way if I can help it! The offer is muchly appreciated ta! I might just take you up on it, if there aren't trains that early!;):D:D:D
We can see how things pan out closer..

Burple
14th September 2005, 06:53 AM
Duncan... you have mail if you can get to it through all the beer! ;):D:cool::cool:

Gismo
14th September 2005, 07:05 AM
Eek :eek: leaving Bothwell Services wherever that is at 07:30 :sleepy:
Heather, whereaboots is it, i remember a service station just after joining the M74

Heather
15th September 2005, 01:53 AM

i remember a service station just after joining the M74

Thats the very fellow!:D

Mon the fish
15th September 2005, 02:00 AM
I'm not too bad, I'll be up at 6, not sure about you guys from further north though, no sleeping at the wheel...

Gismo
15th September 2005, 02:08 AM
I just knew it had to be that one, hmm, 2 hours to get there = :sleepy: never mind, me julie will keep me occupied :evil:

Heather
15th September 2005, 02:13 AM
Has to an early start to make sure we get there on time. If we are super early then you can have a sleep before the factory.

Gismo
15th September 2005, 04:07 AM
Has to an early start to make sure we get there on time. If we are super early then you can have a sleep before the factory.

Sorry if my remarks looked in bad taste, didn't mean it that way, am looking forward to the trip, most of my runs down south always had me leaving at this time anyway ;)
Fingers crossed i'm not working :(

Mini Me
15th September 2005, 04:15 AM

Wow, might need to meet you down there :dead: got to organise the kids fur school and stuff, and can only get a sitter for the friday:disapprove:....
S auto, hyper speed tae oxford(mind me to swap ma reg plates fur a set of Gaj's ):evil:;)

john
15th September 2005, 07:01 AM

I just knew it had to be that one, hmm, 2 hours to get there = :sleepy: never mind, me julie will keep me occupied :evil:

Only two hours? Lucky you!:p

Scottie
15th September 2005, 07:15 AM
poor me 3 hours if the road is clear.:(

Gismo
15th September 2005, 07:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
poor me 3 hours if the road is clear.:(
I'm considering staying over at a suitable lodge type place on the thursday night :p

Heather
15th September 2005, 03:25 PM
As it is not a run as such everyone is free to leave at a time they find best, or stay over on the thursday night. The run directions are what I will be doing but if it doesn't suit you are free to make your own arrangements

Gismo
15th September 2005, 04:29 PM
As it is not a run as such everyone is free to leave at a time they find best
<coughspluttersneeze> i'm all for convoying all the way :) after all your hard work of organising :p

Scottie
15th September 2005, 04:58 PM
Heather I'm defo for the convoy it's all part of the weekend disnae matter to us what time we have to meet we will be there with time to spare.:)

Crombers
15th September 2005, 05:45 PM

Huntlys (the restaurant off the M6) have got back to me to say its not a problem for us to turn up for brekkie! I just have to email them an approximate arrival time.

RUN DIRECTIONS NOW ON FRONT PAGE

This is not a run in a tradional sense - i.e no twisties etc as time dictates we have to be in Oxford sharp or we miss our tour. The timings are generous and are calculated within the speed limits. If you want to steam down the motorway or race then perhaps it would be better if you don't drive with the convoy. There are comfort stops as well as the Crombers "big farm breakfasts & ice cream" scran break.
Traffic may be heavy as it's a Friday but we should still arrive in Oxford by 3.30 so folk have time for a quick snack before the highlight of the run:D I believe the factory is almost visable from the hotel.

Ya beauty , the full breakfast is MEGA & I,ve never managed to finish one yet :D:cool::)

MartinSullivan
15th September 2005, 05:53 PM
Ya beauty , the full breakfast is MEGA & I,ve never managed to finish one yet :D:cool::)

Amatuer , you have got the likes of Bonnie Scotland to compete against this time, you had better get in training ;)

Burple
15th September 2005, 07:14 PM

Amatuer , you have got the likes of Bonnie Scotland to compete against this time, you had better get in training ;)

You better get in SERIOUS training!!!!!

Not just clearing your plate... licking it clean and sooking the glaze off it too might get you a podium finsh!!!! ;):p:p:D

Crombers
15th September 2005, 08:40 PM
OK lads fair do's , but just wait til you see the size of this MEGA platefull , farmhouse fodder sure aint for the fainthearted. You'll certainly be strugglin near the finish :sleepy: & I can guarantee it'll keep you going til Heather takes us all out for dinner doon Oxford way ;):p

stoney
17th September 2005, 01:18 AM
well this sounds brill i will be in the convoy would not miss it !!!!!!!! this breakfast sounds brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather
17th September 2005, 04:57 AM

til Heather takes us all out for dinner doon Oxford way ;):p

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Mini Me
17th September 2005, 06:22 PM
Run directions fab H ,just hope there's enough petrol stations fur ma S auto.....[v][v]....still ave.mpg 18mls[v]

Mon the fish
17th September 2005, 07:29 PM
J23 M6, Shell there, about 200 miles fae Stirling, usually pretty competitive prices

Mini Me
18th September 2005, 12:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

J23 M6, Shell there, about 200 miles fae Stirling, usually pretty competitive prices

Gerry can in boot :D:I:D......might even try taking it oot sports mode :p;)

Mon the fish
18th September 2005, 06:29 AM
Alright for those with fuel cards eh? :p

I get 32-33 out my JCW, beat that. And that ain't driving like a granny either :D

weefossy
20th September 2005, 06:09 AM
Apologies that I haven't posted for a while, been doing up the den.:) I have a suggestion!

We have a couple of double beds going spare, if anyone from the "North" would like to stay on the Thursday night, prior to driving to Oxford. We also have a nice "Pink" room with a single bed, that would suit a small person (LnL). In fact there is a 3/4 settee bed in the den as well, if there's demand. Don't want to offend anyone, so it's on a first come basis, but intention was for those most "Northern".

I was thinking we would meet the convoy at Abington, if that's OK Heather? let me know, if interested

Gismo
20th September 2005, 07:22 PM
so it's on a first come basis, but intention was for those most "Northern"
Malcolm, nice one, please put me and me julie down :p not literally :clown:
I don't like tomatoes in the morning :p
LnL1, sorry mate, i won't be able to pick you up, unless you stop over as well, then i could pick you up :)

Burple
20th September 2005, 08:16 PM
Oooo... Now that does sound like a plan..
certainly means that none of us would have to get up QUITE so early! :D:D:D

Can I have a 'yes please' for this very kind offer (both of them actually)??
... I can deal with the pink...... I think... :I:D just watch you don't lose my shiny wee pink napper in there! :p:D

Mon the fish
21st September 2005, 02:49 AM
Will be in my new house by then, so 3 spare beds in Falkirk if anyone's interested :p

Scottie
21st September 2005, 03:35 AM
we will be leaving from Larbert now:D only 30mins from meeting point:cool:

weefossy
21st September 2005, 06:39 AM
Alan, L n L, looks like that's sorted. Sounds like a curry on Thursday night. Sioban says she doesn't do tomatoes , or sausages, or bacon, or beans. Could be breakfast on the M6 then;);)
Fiona good to hear that Alan and you are OK for a stop over.

Gismo
21st September 2005, 04:23 PM
Sounds like a curry on Thursday night.

Are you sure :p:D

Burple
21st September 2005, 05:53 PM

Sounds like a curry on Thursday night.

Are you sure :p:D

Oh Oh!!

I'll quite happily take the pink room on me own then!!! :p:p:p:p:p:dead::p:p

Burple
21st September 2005, 05:55 PM

Alan, L n L, looks like that's sorted. Sounds like a curry on Thursday night. Sioban says she doesn't do tomatoes , or sausages, or bacon, or beans. Could be breakfast on the M6 then;);)

Mmmmmmm... whre did we stop last time? was it the Blackpool run last year? Mmmmm..lovely healthy Lorne Rolls for brekkie!! :p:p:D:D:D:D

GAJ
21st September 2005, 06:22 PM
A breakfast stop has been figured into the directions which are available on the first page.

Gismo
21st September 2005, 06:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
A breakfast stop has been figured into the directions which are available on the first page.
More of a snack last bit of banter, promise ;)

Mini Me
4th October 2005, 03:12 AM
Lookin forward to this now........:p

weefozzy Jr
4th October 2005, 07:16 AM
stocked up on red bull lets go.

Crombers
4th October 2005, 05:42 PM

Lookin forward to this now........:p

I canny wait either :p "im too exited"

Nenah
8th October 2005, 02:10 AM
:( Oh no! Sorry Heather but John and I have to pull out of this trip as I've got a big event on 14th and we've got relatives who are coming to stay too - really gutted! :disapprove:

So I guess that means BDM can now go :)- should be an good economical trip for him but he'll need a trailer to take the luggage! ;) Sorry BDM...couldnt resist!

We'll sign up for the Part Deux.

Heather
8th October 2005, 03:33 AM
Sorry to hear that Nenah:( There are now two places free and if BDM wants to go (and has enough room to take a toothbrush;)), he has first refusal. Can you confirm ASAP Paul just in case anyone else wants the space. Cheers

Heather
11th October 2005, 05:41 AM
Just had an email from Bad Dog to say that he cant make the November run so there are now two spaces free for the taking. Anyone interested:question:
A copy of some Health and Safety stuff can be found HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/mothership.pdf). No pacemakers or children!! No camera equipment of any type or mobile phones are allowed into the factory. You will also have to tape up any rings when going though part of the factory in case you become welded to a MINI:D No open toe shoes, but men in kilts are very welcome:D

Mon the fish
12th October 2005, 03:44 AM
Right, my girlfriend will be joining the convoy, unfortuneately she has no interest in going to the factory! :(

So both spaces are still free. Snap them up folks! :p

ianking
27th October 2005, 06:32 PM
very unfortunate but robbea and i are going to have to cancel as the silly boy has only gone and got himself accepted into the police and his training starts the week we are going. Unfortunately as i am now without a new mini i will be unable to go. Hopefully persons on the reserve list will be able to make use of our unfortunate position and hopefully another trip will happen next year that we could attend.

ny152
28th October 2005, 08:01 AM
Heather, afraid I'm going to have to drop out as well. Will most likely be MINI-less by the time of the run :(. Was looking forward to it as well, boo hiss.

Heather
28th October 2005, 04:54 PM
Four places now free on this run, no-one tempted???:)

Smurf
28th October 2005, 06:13 PM
I would be, H, but as you know, have no holiday days left to take off work...... :(
We also have a charity ball to work at on the 12th! So that weekend is totally blown out of the water........
We are on the possibles list for Part Deux though.
:)

Mini Me
29th October 2005, 05:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

I would be, H, but as you know, have no holiday days left to take off work...... :(
We also have a charity ball to work at on the 12th! So that weekend is totally blown out of the water........
We are on the possibles list for Part Deux though.
:)

Pull a sicky :D:D;)

Clare1
29th October 2005, 06:13 AM
Haha, spoken by the master of sickies!!! lol

Smurf
29th October 2005, 03:52 PM
Pull a sicky :D:D;)

Sorry - I just don't do things like that. :I

Anyway, we have to be at the Glasgow Hilton for 9am on the Saturday - bit of a long commute from Oxford!! :)

RS
2nd November 2005, 04:27 AM
Heather,

There is a possibility that Steph and I may not now be able to attend, because I may still be offshore. My inention is to return onshore next Tuesday, in which case we would attend the factory tour, however there is chance that the job that I am here to do may take longer, hence preventing us attending.

If it's OK with you, I'll confirm what I'm doing next week.

Richard.

Heather
2nd November 2005, 05:12 AM
No worries Richard, just let us know when you can.

Scottie
2nd November 2005, 07:21 AM
Not long now.

9 sleeps left then were off.:D:cool:

Is everyone taking their Minis???

Were taking Allan's.

Anyone got SatNav??

Craig
2nd November 2005, 07:31 AM
I've got one you could borrow...;);):D

Scottie
2nd November 2005, 07:41 AM

:D:D lol.

I've got one the Tom Tom 700 but trust me I cannae find it:I:I

Heather
2nd November 2005, 07:42 AM

Anyone got SatNav??

What do we need SatNav for?:question:

Scottie
2nd November 2005, 07:44 AM

Anyone got SatNav??

What do we need SatNav for?:question:

On the Saturday we are going from Oxford into London for a wee shopping trip:cool:

Heather
2nd November 2005, 07:53 AM
Ooooohhhh Shopping:D:D:D Would love to join you but I fear the bank manager may come after me with a large gun if I did:I

Craig
2nd November 2005, 04:27 PM

:D:D lol.

Your more than welcome to borrow it, I can bring it on Friday for you.... - Give me a text or ring me if you want me to bring it along..:D

Crombers
2nd November 2005, 06:53 PM
Everybody better be taking their MINI's :eek:

Mini Me
2nd November 2005, 07:49 PM

Ma ECU's fried :mad::disapprove::dead::eek:....
should be fixed by next week tho :I

AndyP & Lenore
2nd November 2005, 08:15 PM

Ma ECU's fried :mad::disapprove::dead::eek:....
should be fixed by next week tho :I

What have you done to it:question::(

Burple
3rd November 2005, 01:53 AM
quote:

Snigger...
sorry.. :D

Jeez, if you can't even find your SatNav.. You're nae gettin to lead ANY convoys!! ;);):D:D:p:p:p:p

Craig
3rd November 2005, 02:38 AM

depends what you mean by "THEIR" MINI's crombers :eek::p;):D:D

Mini Me
3rd November 2005, 04:52 AM
ok peeps, as i will be leaving a bit later than the rest of you, can someone pm me mobile number or numbers so i can find you on the way down ...ppllleeeaassee

GAJ
3rd November 2005, 05:34 AM
You've got mine and H's!

Crombers
3rd November 2005, 06:50 PM

depends what you mean by "THEIR" MINI's crombers :eek::p;):D:D

Absolutely , what folk pack is totally up to them :p;)

stoney
5th November 2005, 08:54 AM
won't be going in to london peps going 2 see sister on the sat !!!!

Gismo
5th November 2005, 07:27 PM
Malcolm, have sent you an e-mail, i need directions to your house for the thursday night :I cause i dinnae ken far ye bide

N12 JLK
6th November 2005, 04:57 PM
I cant beleive im not going why oh why Lesley did you have to give birth to Kerr on the 12th of november (big party arranged) . Only joking hope you all have a great time ,very very jealous, not to worry roll on April wll get going then:D

Mini Me
6th November 2005, 05:57 PM
looks like it's RIP for the cooper s:disapprove:[v] fataly injured......BMW for me [v]

Craig
6th November 2005, 06:21 PM
that means you cannae go - eh crombers??;)

Mini Me
6th November 2005, 06:44 PM
ave got tae go...av got the paperwork :p

MartinSullivan
6th November 2005, 07:22 PM
What have you done to the Cooper S now Iain?

weefossy
6th November 2005, 08:32 PM
Alan, you should have an e mail!! If I have sent it correctly>

Gismo
6th November 2005, 08:53 PM
And replied, now waits patiently for Low_And_Loud1 to get beack to me :p

Mini Me
6th November 2005, 09:27 PM

fried the fecker :I:eek::blackeye::evil:

Duncan Stewart
7th November 2005, 04:00 AM
Hi folks. In preperation for the run (We canny wait :D) I tried to download the directions from the first page but I'm just getting a letter about the tours. Where can I get the directions - I'm sure I looked at them before
Cheers :D

GAJ
7th November 2005, 05:52 AM
Try again!;) :I

For convenience -
DOWNLOAD RUN DIRECTIONS HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/Mothership_directions.pdf)

Crombers
7th November 2005, 07:07 PM

fried the fecker :I:eek::blackeye::evil:

''Oops'' ya dafty !!
Might I suggest you consider borrowing another MINI or perhaps agree terms with one of your colleagues :p;)

Crombers
7th November 2005, 07:09 PM

Ah yes where is ma co-pilot :approve:

This 4 day week is gonna drag in , I canny wait for Friday :p

Duncan Stewart
7th November 2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks Gaj :D

Burple
7th November 2005, 10:43 PM

Ah yes where is ma co-pilot :approve:

This 4 day week is gonna drag in , I canny wait for Friday :p

Done!!
All present and correct!! Don't Panic Mr Mainwaring!! :D:D:cool:

Scottie
8th November 2005, 06:09 AM
only 4 sleeps left so looking forward to this.

Having not travelled through that way for a wee while.

Is there still hold ups @ the Auchenkilns roundabout or won't it be a problem that time in the morning???

Just so I know what time to leave for bothwell services:I

AndyP & Lenore
8th November 2005, 06:43 AM

only 4 sleeps left so looking forward to this.

Stop rubbing it in.;):(

sleepyrascal
8th November 2005, 06:50 AM
Hey

Are there still places left for this. It seems i may have friday and saturday free!

Gismo
8th November 2005, 07:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
Are there still places left for this. It seems i may have friday and saturday free!
Front page shows 24 going with a limit of 30, try for the hotel first then put your name down, Heather will confirm for you ;)

sleepyrascal
8th November 2005, 07:10 AM

Front page shows 24 going with a limit of 30, try for the hotel first then put your name down, Heather will confirm for you ;)

cool ok.

weefossy
8th November 2005, 07:11 AM
Heather, would it be a problem if we met the convoy at Abington Services. We being Bonnie Scotland, Weefossy Jnr. and ourselves.
It would save us a lot of time in the morning, if we headed direct to Abington, rather than go to Bothwell. We could get there for 8.00am, if you could pull in to get us.
Let me know what you think? Reaaly looking forward to this trip.

Gismo
8th November 2005, 07:20 AM
Or, give one of us a call and we can simply pull out into your slip stream as you pass :)
Also, Low_n_Loud1 will be there too :I

stoney
8th November 2005, 07:47 AM
well guys was down the m74 the day they are digging up the south bound its down 2 a 50 mph with speed camaras !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just after j9

Auchenkilns roundabout should not be a problem at that time

Heather
8th November 2005, 07:51 AM

What BS says:)

Heather
8th November 2005, 07:51 AM

Heather, would it be a problem if we met the convoy at Abington Services.
Not at all. See you there!

Heather
8th November 2005, 07:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by s700ony

well guys was down the m74 the day they are digging up the south bound its down 2 a 50 mph with speed camaras !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just after j9

Pretty permanent state of affairs on the roads we will be taking and its factored into the timings.

Gismo
9th November 2005, 09:35 PM
Ok, need a clue on how many peeps will be wearing kilts, i have 2 passengers and enough gear to last me until sunday night as it is, not much room for the kilt stuff as well

Crombers
9th November 2005, 09:40 PM
Me. I,m even gonna wear mine drivin doon :approve:

duncan
9th November 2005, 10:00 PM
Mine is err, too wee.

Plus i'm planning on going across the Channel after, and need all the space in the boot.

Crombers
9th November 2005, 10:07 PM

Mine is err, too wee.

Plus i'm planning on going across the Channel after, and need all the space in the boot.

Too WEE !!;)!! , & I thought kilts were expandable i.e a bit like a belt :approve:

Burple
9th November 2005, 10:20 PM

Ok, need a clue on how many peeps will be wearing kilts, i have 2 passengers and enough gear to last me until sunday night as it is, not much room for the kilt stuff as well

No Kilt.. But I'm only wee! :D:D

duncan
9th November 2005, 10:21 PM
It doesnt become expandible when there's no more belt though! ;)

I've had the thing since I was 14, and i'm far from the size i was then!

Crombers
9th November 2005, 10:26 PM
Fair nuff Duncan :p

Think MrSC is wearing one :approve:

MarkyC isnae cos of his legs (his words not mine) ;)

Gismo
9th November 2005, 10:31 PM
Taps fingers patiently on desk waiting for Gaj to confirm ;) if Gaj is wearing his i'll make an extra special effort to put LnL1 on the roof rack ;)

weefozzy Jr
9th November 2005, 11:27 PM
well could get mine out if theres a demand or it lol

Gismo
9th November 2005, 11:46 PM
Ok then, plus a scotland top and Timber's :approve:

Scottie
10th November 2005, 12:27 AM
Mr ScottieCoop is a defo for wearing his kilt.

He tried it on last night and it still fits:approve: (the kilt that is):p;)

Wearing with his NMS T Shirt and walking boots.

Burple
10th November 2005, 12:39 AM
quote:

He tried it on last night and it still fits:approve: (the kilt that is):p;)

Snigger snigger snort... sorry! :I:I:I

/lifts mind out of gutter :D:D:D:D:p

Crombers
10th November 2005, 01:55 AM

Ok then, plus a scotland top and Timber's :approve:

Exactly what I,m wearing :approve:

GAJ
10th November 2005, 07:02 AM

Taps fingers patiently on desk waiting for Gaj to confirm ;) if Gaj is wearing his i'll make an extra special effort to put LnL1 on the roof rack ;)

Unfortunately, due to circumstances outwith my control, my presence is looking doubtful! :(
I don't own a kilt though!

Gismo
10th November 2005, 07:12 AM
my presence is looking doubtful! :(
Aw man :disapprove:

Scottie
10th November 2005, 07:23 AM

Unfortunately, due to circumstances outwith my control, my presence is looking doubtful! :(
I don't own a kilt though!

what:eek: surely not:question:

weefozzy Jr
11th November 2005, 12:35 AM
right better check mine fits, and clean up the timberland look alikes

ELFMAN
11th November 2005, 01:14 AM
Have a great trip, you guys, say hello to the Robots! If anyone wants to nick some 210 Works Conversion bits, I'll give you a few quid for them. Only joking, Officer.

Drive Safely.

Heather
11th November 2005, 02:44 AM
'Cmon the kilts!:D Goldmini and tricia are back in at number 15 after mailing me. Anyone else excited?:D

ny152
11th November 2005, 02:46 AM

'Cmon the kilts!:D Goldmini and tricia are back in at number 15 after mailing me. Anyone else excited?:D

Yeah, anyone else excited we're back in :D:p

Heather
11th November 2005, 02:51 AM
Gotta support the south side contingent;):D

duncan
11th November 2005, 03:09 AM
Anyone else excited?:D

Me me me me me me me me.

Waves furiously! I am!:clown:

ny152
11th November 2005, 03:15 AM

Me me me me me me me me.

Waves furiously! I am!:clown:

Keep away fae ma kilt then S Club boy :eek::I

Gismo
11th November 2005, 03:21 AM
I'm so excited i'm gonna leave right now :p
Nice one Allen, see ya tomorrow :cool: safe trip everyone :)

Heather
11th November 2005, 03:22 AM

Heather, would it be a problem if we met the convoy at Abington Services.
No problem, we will turn into the services and pick you up. Hopefully we will be as close to 8am as possible.:)

RS
11th November 2005, 03:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by RS

Heather,

There is a possibility that Steph and I may not now be able to attend, because I may still be offshore. My inention is to return onshore next Tuesday, in which case we would attend the factory tour, however there is chance that the job that I am here to do may take longer, hence preventing us attending.

If it's OK with you, I'll confirm what I'm doing next week.

Richard.

Heather,

Unfortunately for me, I'm still offshore. Thought I was going to get back home today, however I'm not getting off until tomorrow, therefore there is no chance of me making it down to Oxford tomorrow night.

Apologies for leaving it so late for canceling.

Hope you all have a good time!

Mini Me
11th November 2005, 05:17 AM
I have my 120d[v]...will catch you up once kids are away to school !!! cannae wait

Heather
11th November 2005, 06:12 AM

I have my 120d[v]...will catch you up once kids are away to school !!! cannae wait

Hopefully will see you at breakfast, dont forget to take run instruction so you know where we are!:D

Scottie
11th November 2005, 06:14 AM
I'm excited only 1 sleep left. Already started my jounery left Inverness @ 5.30pm now @ Larbert don't think I'm going sleep tonight for excitement:I:D

Heather
11th November 2005, 06:32 AM

don't think I'm going sleep tonight for excitement:I:D

Dont think I will either:I

Craig
11th November 2005, 07:08 AM
MarkyC got a wee surprise when he picked up his "other" MINI tonight.

Hope you all have a blast and you never know, someone else may turn up tommorrow if the times work out...;);)

Scottie
11th November 2005, 07:51 AM

MarkyC got a wee surprise when he picked up his "other" MINI tonight.

Oh what's that then:question::)

Heather
11th November 2005, 08:03 AM
Nighty night all, see you in the morning:D

Craig
12th November 2005, 05:42 PM
thanks for all the texts telling me how good the tour was and the phone-call from the pub after the tour - you guys really understand my pain ;)

Oh, meant to say, Minime, Crombers and MarkyC are now all BANNED from the return trip next year!!!:eek::eek::blackeye:;)

weefozzy Jr
13th November 2005, 03:37 AM
home sweet home what a place, after that drive i will never say anything bad about this place. now on to the trip, oh my god how amazing it was. the bmw mini plant was out of this world. cant say much as we all had to sign some forms and stuff ;) great trip down, great dinner and drinks and quick run home.

Mini Me
13th November 2005, 05:48 AM
Was a superb run,big up to H ,for getting as all there:D:D:D:D....................the wife and i had a great time, factory was superb and HUGE !!!!!(even tho the wee man taking us round was trying his best to give away all oor wee sectrets:eek::blackeye::evil:).:p:p:p

p.s Fozzy Jr...my wife is now mentaly scarred at the sight of your bare arse):p;):D:I

SUPERB !!!!!!!!!

Heather
13th November 2005, 07:40 AM
What a run!! Thanks to everyone who made the run such as success. Despite the dreadful weather at the start it was a good run on the way down. Nice to meet S700ony and mon the fish and I hope you enjoyed your first long run! We did well until the directions for the hotel were not, well, exact :I This was easily forgotton when everyone hit the bar!!There were so many unforgetable moments but here are some of my favourites:-
1) The looks on the faces on some of the drivers on the M6 on the way down
2) Huntleys breakfasts:D:D:D
3) Having fun on the M6 toll road:I
4) Watching Duncan Mc "power napping" in a queue of traffic:p
5) Bonnie S doing an extra lap of the roundabout, just because he could!
6) Iains keich coloured 1 series;)
7) Seing the reaction in the bar when the boys came down in their kilts
8) The excitment on a passing mini drivers face as she stopped to let 8 minis into the hotel car park.
9) Seeing everyone in their orange coats
10) Some of the boys mooning some factory workers:eek:
11) The mating call of weefossy jnr "rooommm 102, 1---0---22222:D"
12) Siobhan taking the shirt, and coat, off a mini employees back.
13) Weefossy jnr and BS showing the waitress what a real scot wears under his kilt:eek:
14) Watching everyone trying to beat the 11pm last orders shout.

As a lazy b**ch i did not get out of bed till everyone had gone so I hope everyone got home ok and have happy memories. Thanks to LnL for navigating for me on the second leg and to Crombers for taking the lead for the first half. Also big thanks to Iain for securing the place (that i nearly lost due to forgetting to phone to confirm!) The photos that the tour guide was taking during the tour will be in some of the new marketing materials for MINI and we will be getting copies too for the website. Here are a couple of my photos in the meantime......

http://homepage.mac.com/hmblack/.Pictures/abingdon1.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/hmblack/.Pictures/bonnie1.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/hmblack/.Pictures/pre-tour-drinks3.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/hmblack/.Pictures/pre-tour-pint4.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/hmblack/.Pictures/the-big-brekkie1.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/hmblack/.Pictures/the-factory1.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/hmblack/.Pictures/the-flag1.jpg

Gismo
14th November 2005, 05:42 PM
Ah home at last, what can i say, this is one trip you gotta make, from an engineering point of view the way all the parts come together to make the MINI is truly amazing
Nice one Heather for making the trip happen
Not so sure we should show the entire world the flattering piccie of me though :I
I wonder what was under the cover in the last part of the tour ;)

Scottie
14th November 2005, 06:02 PM
what a great run and the Tour was just awesome.

Lost most of you on the last bit of the trip from the M6 toll as we had to stop for petrol funny thing was though we managed to be one of the first at the hotel:D even though Minime blasted past us at Oxford like he knew where he was going;) NOT. Loved the wee detour to the Tour thanks S7oony:):p but Marky was up for the job and got us there safe and sound.

Got to say the jounery back up the road was a bit or a drag without any Mini's in front or in our rear view:(

MartinSullivan
14th November 2005, 06:07 PM
Looks like you all had a fantastic time - tour definitely sounds interesting, might get round to doing it one day.

Duncan Stewart
14th November 2005, 06:31 PM
What a fab weekend. Huge thanks Heather and everyone else for making so good :D
Sorry not to join you in the bar but we were shattered! :I
Some photos
The Trip Down
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/512/tn_143_4400.JPG
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/512/tn_144_4402.JPG

No photos on the night as cameras not allowed and too dark outside :(
So I went back the next morning :D:p

http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/512/tn_144_4407.JPG
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/512/tn_144_4406.JPG
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/512/tn_144_4410.JPG
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/500/tn_144_4412.JPG
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/500/tn_144_4411.JPG

And we visted the RAF Museum, Cosford on the way back up in glorious weather

http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/500/tn_144_4413.JPG

Burple
14th November 2005, 08:46 PM
Wow... Just wow. What a trip!!! It was EVERYTHING in Heather's post!
Plus a massive thank you to the Weefossys for putting us up (putting up with us?) and the stonking Curry! You guys are the best! Hopefully I can repay the favour sometime! :D
Worst part : getting up at 5.30 am after the curry and a couple of beers... (and possibly seeing the mashed up Lotus Elise in a field on the way back up the Biggar Road!
Best part : The rest of the trip!!!

And lots of thanks to Alan (BS)and Julie, Neil (Wefossy Jr) Crombers and of course Heather, for making room for a little 'un and making it possible for me to come on the trip! Lost count of how many passenger seats I've been in over the weekend!! :D I won't mention the term Neil coined for me on this family forum!! ;)

Broon! I hope your specced Minis come out looking better that the keech-brown 1-series! bleh!
I can't believe you made the guy taking us on the tour turn his Mic off when you two were snealing about whispering conspirationally!! No fair!!! :p

The factory is amazing. There's no other word for it. Well, yes there is... Immense - the place is Huuuuuuge! we got our very own "Mini Adventre" Tour bus to go round it all! It's like being in a very big, very shiny toy shop! The way everything comes together for the final assembly is absolutely mind boggling, my new toy could have been in there somewhere!! :D
Some of the new special edition colours are a real treat too!
Loved the Orange (Tangerine!) jackets we had to wear... I wonder how many 'go missing' ;)

Great to meet all the usual suspects, and some new faces too! Also Mrs Minime, I think your leash was just about long enough for the Smirnoff Monster this time!! ;)

We made great time up the road on Saturday and I was home off the train form Edinburgh about half seven. What a completely mental 48 hours! I'd do it again in a second!

Craig! Get my name down for the one in may NOW!!! :D:p

Anyone notice Big Col's been very quiet?? snigger ;)

Well done all round!! Highly recommended!!! <Golf Clap>

p.s.. anyonemanage to get a Supercharger in their back pocket when Ulri-KA-KA-KA-KA-KA.... had her back turned?? (I keed!! i keed!!)

Big Col
14th November 2005, 08:58 PM
Big Col's quiet 'cos he wisnae on the run munchkin. :)