PDA

View Full Version : Martin Sullivans MCS...

craigcooperSworks
22nd August 2005, 03:41 AM
...Bugger me- it is very very fast!!! Damn, he's got me thinking about some 'minor' engine mods for mine now.:evil::evil::D

MartinSullivan
22nd August 2005, 03:56 AM
Well give me a shout so we can discuss ;) Even your wife was saying to me while I was locked in the car with her for 6 minutes that she thought it could be made to go faster ;) - looks like you are on a winner

john
22nd August 2005, 07:54 AM
Scream if you want to go faster:D

The Dogfather
22nd August 2005, 03:50 PM
If MS keeps modding that MCS it won't be long before he'll be able to keep up with a standard cooper ;)

MartinSullivan
22nd August 2005, 04:22 PM
[YAWN!!!] ;)

craigcooperSworks
22nd August 2005, 05:11 PM
<scream>:D

Crombers
22nd August 2005, 08:53 PM
Nae fears BDM we'd loose him on the twisties nae bother :approve:

T6 KFR
22nd August 2005, 09:20 PM
dont know fellow cooper owners, id like mine to go faster..

Any ideas then MS? Who local do you guys use for engine mods ? From what i can see in GoMini mag, usual mods include the standard upgrade of induction kit, exhaust, Chip etc....

redpoint rallying
22nd August 2005, 10:42 PM
Ahem.....see essentialMini.co.uk....160bhp Cooper kit and other stuff

M

MartinSullivan
22nd August 2005, 11:02 PM
Agree with Redpoint check out NMS sponsor EssentialMini, sure Simon will taylor a package to your requirements :D

We can start with the basics, as you say - filter, exhaust, remap and then take it from there depending how far you want to go

craigcooperSworks
23rd August 2005, 06:27 PM
Martin, when we spoke about a remap for my car, what would it take the BHP up to roughly?:)

MartinSullivan
23rd August 2005, 07:22 PM
The remap will take a 200Bhp Cooper S (such as yours) to somewhere in the 220bhp region , and will cost you £180.00 from EssentialMini (which is a 30 quid discount for NMS members ;)). This price gets you a years worth of updates - so if for example you feel that you need the torque band moving slightly or add anymore tuning products to your car you can get a remap to cover it.

You dont need to drive to Tamworth to get the map done, I can download your existing ECU, send it to Simon and install the new map when it returns. Depending when we do it, Simon can turn maps round in under an hour.

I am doing a 210BHP Works car this weekend, if you want to come over and watch the process and see how the car runs after the application of the map give me a shout.

Scottie
23rd August 2005, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

The remap will take a 200Bhp Cooper S (such as yours) to somewhere in the 220bhp region , and will cost you £180.00 from EssentialMini (which is a 30 quid discount for NMS members ;)). This price gets you a years worth of updates - so if for example you feel that you need the torque band moving slightly or add anymore tuning products to your car you can get a remap to cover it.

You dont need to drive to Tamworth to get the map done, I can download your existing ECU, send it to Simon and install the new map when it returns. Depending when we do it, Simon can turn maps round in under an hour.

I am doing a 210BHP Works car this weekend, if you want to come over and watch the process and see how the car runs after the application of the map give me a shout.

Was wondering what improvement would I see in my works. Cause I loving the superchips that the 1er and the touareg got.

MartinSullivan
23rd August 2005, 07:41 PM
Fiona, I believe Si has done a few Works cars already - I am doing my first one this weekend. The owner is a member on this site so I will get him to write a review once it is installed and run in.

Si can give you all the facts and figures.

Scottie
23rd August 2005, 07:53 PM

Fiona, I believe Si has done a few Works cars already - I am doing my first one this weekend. The owner is a member on this site so I will get him to write a review once it is installed and run in.

you have mail:)

AerokitScot69
23rd August 2005, 10:14 PM
Mart Suls car is a weapon, never knew the streets of Aberdeen to wiz by so fast in all my days.

Mon the fish
24th August 2005, 01:57 AM

That would be me :D Will let you all know how it feels ASAP!

Cooper_si
24th August 2005, 04:03 PM
Dont forget to tell me also :D
Hope you had a good holiday :)

T6 KFR
24th August 2005, 06:53 PM
Well thats my plan then,

Think i will start with a playmini exhaust, then K&N Typhoon filter, following a re-map. And with the help from you Martin on the re-map if thats ok? What gains could i see from ur experience on coopers?

Cooper_si
24th August 2005, 10:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

.... What gains could i see from ur experience on coopers?

....with the mods you have planned you shoud see 130bhp+ from your cooper :)

***edited so not to get peoples hopes up :I

MartinSullivan
24th August 2005, 10:55 PM
He only has a Cooper Si ;)

It now turns out that Mr Gunns Cooper S Works will NOT be my first Works car ;)

Cooper_si
24th August 2005, 11:19 PM
Whoooops post edited...i just saw the word "coopers" and got all excited :p:blackeye: