PDA

View Full Version : (INVERNESS) SATURDAY 13th DECEMBER MINI RUN

seany
19th August 2003, 08:45 PM
OK SATERDAY 13TH DECEMBER, IS THE DATE FOR INVERNESS MINI RUN, CAN YOU OR YOU'S ADD YOUR NAME'S TO THE LIST BE LOWER, THANKS, I WILL GET BACK TO YOU'S ON TIME AND PLACE FOR THE EVENT.CAN YOU'S ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU'S WHAT A MEAL AT NIGHT,

1. SEAN & UNA PLUS MEAL FOR 2

Duncan Stewart
20th August 2003, 05:02 PM
Count me in
1. SEAN & UNA PLUS MEAL FOR 2
2. DUNCAN & HELEN PLUS MEAL FOR 2

Monsta Mo Mini
10th October 2003, 12:55 AM
Sean

What's happening with this run?

seany
10th October 2003, 01:52 AM
I don't know, i think people are jist whating, nere the time.

Gismo
10th October 2003, 02:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

I don't know, i think people are jist whating, nere the time.
I need a bit more detail than just do you want a meal at night, ie, are we staying overnight somewhere, where does the run start from etc etc.

Bonnie Scotland

seany
10th October 2003, 02:16 AM
the run starts at NEWTONMORE jist of the A9 PERTH TO INVERNESS, i am looking into a place or too for yous to stay over.

seany
10th October 2003, 03:26 AM
ok, the run is saturday and sunday 13th,14th december.
starts 10am saturday from NEWTONMORE, finish in INVERNESS saturday night.
i have a list of some place's to stay.
night time see if we can get together for food and drinks.
sunday 10am INVERNESS up to JOHN O'GROATS, and back down a different way to the finish :)

Gismo
10th October 2003, 07:03 AM
I'm afraid Inverness to John o'Groats and then back to Montrose on the Sunday is just a bit too far for me, roughly 360 miles, i'd say about a 9 hour straight drive on those roads not including lunch and regroups.

Sorry

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
10th October 2003, 03:47 PM
I's still a maybe for this Seany but would only be the Saturday part of the run. Would more than likely have to head back home on Saturday night.

Will let you know for definite nearer the time.

Duncan Stewart
10th October 2003, 04:40 PM
I love the idea of a run to John o'Groats, the road north of Helmsdale was made for minis!, but having to work on Monday would make it too much. Also, this is the time of year with the worst weather & shortest days. How about a Saturday run from say Perth to John o'Groats in May / June next year with the longest days - that would be superb.
Helen & I would still like to take part on the Saturday but we do not need a hotel on Sat night as we have relatives we can stay with

paulb
25th October 2003, 07:37 PM
I have just registered. I live near john o groats and would be up for run from Perth back up to John O Groats. Taking the A836 from John O Graots west and down the west coast to ULLapool, is an excellent road for minis. Would be a good route back South.

Paul - Velvet Red / Black Cooper with Aero kit

Gismo
25th October 2003, 08:46 PM
Welcome to new mini scotland paulb, you won't get many responses this weekend as most peeps are on the glen coe run, i would have been there but i'm working :(

Hope you could maybe manage some other runs even though you are a fair bit up north.

Bonnie Scotland

paulb
25th October 2003, 10:08 PM
Im working too - well supposed to be. Yip up for joining in other runs.Only 4hours to Perth. 5 to Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
If there is a run from Newtonmore on 13th Dec I will try to make it and vinterested in Shetland trip.

seany
27th October 2003, 02:40 AM
after speaking to calum today i have decided to cancel this run, but next year i am going to do a run from perth to john o groats so watch this space.
hi paul welcome to the site,
were did you hear about the site?
is there any more new minis up there?
hope to see you on a run soon

Gismo
27th October 2003, 02:53 AM
Seany, hope this won't put you off trying to organise the run next year again, i would like to attend when there is more light at nights etc.

Bonnie Scotland

seany
27th October 2003, 03:02 AM
no not at all, looking forward to it allready.

paulb
27th October 2003, 05:13 AM
I found out about the site in miniworld. I use mini2.com but never registered. I new there was some runs in scotland and was keen to get involved so was glad to see that this site exists. When the next run be?
There are probably about a dozen to twenty minis or so uphere. I have thought about seeing if there is any interest in organising a run and may try an add or soething in the local paper in the new year.

Gismo
27th October 2003, 05:23 AM
Go to the home page and download the flyes and get sticking them on the cars, might be a run between x-mas and new year, but, please go ahead and organise a run.

Bonnie Scotland