PDA

View Full Version : Stirling area owners, possible run?

Mon the fish
19th August 2005, 12:59 AM
Had a thought, what about a possible run to the Aberdeen Mini Owners event at Alford, 18th September? Great roads, A91 Hillfoots, then boring M90/A90 to Forfar, backroad to Brechin, then over Cairn O' Mount to Alford? Would take 3 hours or so I reckon, anyone up for it?

Any other suggestions for roads etc?

The Dogfather
19th August 2005, 02:02 AM
A far better route is the Perth Braemar road :D the Cullen Run takes this route and it's a cracker!

N12 JLK
19th August 2005, 04:24 AM
sounds ok, could be up for that

Mon the fish
20th August 2005, 01:09 AM
We could go any route tbh, just thought Cairn O' Mount would be a change. Come on people, anyone else want to go? It'll be fun! Might even take you to my grannies up that way for her world-famous soup, sticky toffee pudding and scones! How can anyone refuse such an offer!?

Smurf
20th August 2005, 03:06 AM
Sorry Fish, we won't be able to make that date. :(

Craig
20th August 2005, 04:53 PM
I'd love to go, but will be nursing a SERIOUS hangover from my mate's wedding. Enjoy yourselves though:D

eddie 44
20th August 2005, 10:33 PM
eddie should be able to make that...:D

gill
21st August 2005, 04:46 AM
We are keen to go to Aberdeen for event.

We live in Blairgowrie so could hook up with you when passing (Braemar route) or meet at Forfar (Cairn o Mount route). Let us know if going and when and where.

Cheers!

Gill & Ewan :D:D

Mon the fish
24th August 2005, 02:09 AM
Right, I'm definitely going, confirmed attendance on main thread. It starts at 11, if we meet at say Sterling at Tillicoultry (any other meet points please suggest, first one off the top of my head!), would need to leave by half 7 to get there in time.

Noticed there is a run from Duthie Park in Aberdeen, leaving at half 9, that would mean us leaving at half 6 if we wanted to join that, not good!

First time I'll have been on a run, so all comments/suggestions welcome, was thinking go up one route, back home the other?

gill
31st August 2005, 04:18 AM
We thought we'd reply to you, as no-one else seems to have bothered!

We are happy to go up one way and down the other - for us, it would be preferable to go up Glenshee (A93) and come back down the East Coast - this is just so we can get a bit longer in our beds you know!

:D:D:D

Let us know nearer the time and we will meet with you, and any others, whichever way you go!

Gill & Ewan :cool::cool:

Mon the fish
31st August 2005, 04:37 AM
Thanks, was starting to wonder about the others! Suits me fine to go that way, never been on A93 but looking forward to it.

Anyone else!? :question:

Mon the fish
10th September 2005, 10:00 PM
Come on people, its only a week away so trying to finalise some details, you know you want to go!!

Right, we'll be going up Braemar way (A93), say it takes 2 hours from Blairgowrie (is that ok?), I'll be at Blairgowrie for 9, so leaving Stirling at quarter to 8, anyone else up for making this a convoy?

Preferred meet-up points, welcome to suggest :)

gill
12th September 2005, 03:48 AM
We will meet you in Blair at 9am - if you're coming in the Perth Road we'll meet you in the car park going up the Balmoral Road (turn off that you take for A93) - you'll not miss us!!! We'll be waiting ... Car park is at the old mill on the left-hand side of the road before you come out of Blair going up the A93. We'll sit very prominently there so you can see us!!! Look forward to seeing you next week! Any others from Blair area coming??

Mon the fish
13th September 2005, 03:01 AM
Get you there ;)

Julz
16th September 2005, 10:06 PM
If we do decide to come, we'll meet you at Keithbank Mill, but I'll have to park at the old petrol station bit across the road as my car won't get in the car park!! Depends on how we get on with stripping paint in the flat and cutting the hedge (oh the joys!!):evil:

Big Col
16th September 2005, 11:11 PM
I was going to go but I'm no going if Julz is! :p

MartinSullivan
16th September 2005, 11:16 PM
<--- Almost faints at Big Cols comment

Big Col
16th September 2005, 11:28 PM
Easy mate. I wasn't really going to go. :)

Julz
17th September 2005, 12:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

I was going to go but I'm no going if Julz is! :p

:(You're mean!:(

Big Col
17th September 2005, 12:22 AM
Awww I'm sorry teeny. Was only joking. :)

gill
18th September 2005, 03:53 AM
Julz,

Stripping paint and cutting hedges - YAWN !!! :(

Mini Day at Aberdeen - YAY !!! :D