PDA

View Full Version : PDA Geeks

Gismo
18th August 2005, 04:30 PM
Any other PDA geeks out there, what do you use :question: I just got the iPaq HX2750 to replace my aging 3630, an amazing bit of kit with finger print safe technology :cool:

sleepyrascal
19th August 2005, 03:19 AM
I love PDAs! ANd who said they are geeky... JACK BAUER has one. But if you don't now who Jac Bauer is, then maybe you are a geek! :D

Gismo
19th August 2005, 05:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
I love PDAs! ANd who said they are geeky... JACK BAUER has one. But if you don't now who Jac Bauer is, then maybe you are a geek! :D
I also just bought the 1 to 4 box set of 24 ;)
Shameless plug :I i am selling on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6424950980&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1) the 1 to 3 boxset 8)

The Dogfather
19th August 2005, 06:41 AM
I don't get the PDA! The functionality is so limited why not by a mini laptop or mini tablet PC:question:

I had a Toshiba Pocket PC with my last job, if the battery went flat it forgot everything.... Crap :(

Mini Me
19th August 2005, 06:47 AM

Ok , someones gonna ask , so it might as well be me....WHO !!!!

sleepyrascal
19th August 2005, 07:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I also just bought the 1 to 4 box set of 24 ;)
Shameless plug :I i am selling on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6424950980&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1) the 1 to 3 boxset 8)

I also had boxset 1-3 for sale on ebay and also just bought 4. I got through 8 hours of it yesterday because i really had nothing better to do with my time :D

sleepyrascal
19th August 2005, 07:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Ok , someones gonna ask , so it might as well be me....WHO !!!!

Jack Bauer. The main guy from the TV series '24' LEGEND!!! :D:D

sleepyrascal
19th August 2005, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I don't get the PDA! The functionality is so limited why not by a mini laptop or mini tablet PC:question:

I had a Toshiba Pocket PC with my last job, if the battery went flat it forgot everything.... Crap :(

mmmm does everything i need it to do and i cant get a mini laptop in my pocket nor pick one up as cheap as a PDA ( i wouldn't have thought). If you have a contract mobile you can do away with a phone handset and get a subsidised PDA for about £100 (o2). Plus a mini laptop is a little more difficult to mount in your car and phone/text with (without looking like a gimp) etc etc. Arn't mini tablets also called PDAs? Also, In my experience, PDAs have similar memory exclusive battery back-up to that of a regular laptop/PC/MAC etc. Certainly recent models do.

Part of the PDA appeal (for me) is the gadget-ness aspect of it :D

monkimagic
19th August 2005, 08:13 AM
PDA's are ok, they have a function, what I find just down right ****erish is the folk who walk around supermarkets with their bluetooth headsets behind their ears, leave it in the GOD DAMN CAR !!!!!:mad: No one is gonna phone you but if someone does just answer it like normal people do:approve:

and relax monki, everything will be OK:I

Wul
19th August 2005, 02:29 PM
I've got a Palm Tungsten E - got it almost new for £30 so was well chuffed! An no that wasn't off the back of a lorry!

As sleepy says - a pocket PC/tablet thingy doesn't fit in your shirt pocket. Mines has a memory back up and always sync it to my PC.

But perhaps the best thing is sitting in a boring meeting playing tiger woods golf when the other attendees think your making notes!! :D:p:clown:

Willie M
19th August 2005, 04:16 PM
I've been using Palm PDA's for years. Currently using a Tungsten T5. Find them absolutely great for work. Easy to use, easy to carry about with you when you're travelling :approve:

euan
19th August 2005, 06:17 PM
OK Wul, how on earth did you get a Tungsten for 30 quid? I had an old IBM WorkPad (basically a Palm Vx) but never replaced it and started looking at them again. I quite want that you can do the Sat Nav stuff on.

Oh, and Tiger Woods Golf is just the best :)

Wul
19th August 2005, 07:36 PM
Heh Heh :p - a guy at work got it for a present and it sat in his drawer unused for 6 months - the screen on my old M105 died so offered him £30 and he bit! :D

Wul
19th August 2005, 07:37 PM
Oh and other fav games are Spy hunter, tetris and zap 2000!! :cool:

Scottie
19th August 2005, 07:50 PM
I've got one of these things I think not sure though what a PDA is exactly but I've got a hand held Hewlett Packard thing that I bought and don't use if anyone wants it.

MartinSullivan
19th August 2005, 08:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I've got one of these things I think not sure though what a PDA is exactly but I've got a hand held Hewlett Packard thing that I bought and don't use if anyone wants it.

What spec is it ? I would be interested ;)

euan
19th August 2005, 08:03 PM
Fi - depends what it is but I may be interested - what model is it? email me the details and I'll have a nose

MartinSullivan
19th August 2005, 08:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Fi - depends what it is but I may be interested - what model is it? email me the details and I'll have a nose

Get in the queue LOL ;)

euan
19th August 2005, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by euan

Get in the queue LOL ;)

Pah, 28 seconds in it :cool:

Scottie
19th August 2005, 09:11 PM
won't be back in Inverness until Sunday I will look it out then and tell you the model number and stuff. It has a pencil thing that you use to touch the screen if that helps.

MartinSullivan
19th August 2005, 09:13 PM
No probs Fiona, definitely interested - have sent you an email about this and a couple of other things ;)

sleepyrascal
19th August 2005, 11:16 PM
Didn't you get my email Scottie?

Scottie
19th August 2005, 11:30 PM

yes I did Sleepy but it was after I got Martins. Sorrrrry :I:I:(I will speak to you Monday night if Martin is not interested.

euan
19th August 2005, 11:54 PM

yes I did Sleepy but it was after I got Martins. Sorrrrry :I:I:(I will speak to you Monday night if Martin is not interested.

Erm, am I not in that list? :(

sleepyrascal
19th August 2005, 11:56 PM

Oh ok scottie no worries!!! I didn't realise! :I:)

Martin, If you do want it, I'll be at Scottie's on Monday and back in Aberdeen on Thursday until Sunday. I could pick it up for you. I'll also be back up her way the following Monday. :)

MartinSullivan
20th August 2005, 04:42 AM
Cheers Sleepy, thats great - I can transfer the cash direct to Fionas bank when she sends the spec. Owe you one ;)

sleepyrascal
20th August 2005, 05:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Cheers Sleepy, thats great - I can transfer the cash direct to Fionas bank when she sends the spec. Owe you one ;)

No bother. ;)