PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Mini Owners Event(18/09/05)

bpirie1000
17th August 2005, 04:25 PM
Aberdeen Mini Owners Are having there annual mini event.

Situated at the Grampian Transport Museum in Alford 18th September this Event Boasts the Use of the Track and the Opportunity to Have a Wee Play on a track. Also to see how technology has improved through old and new times around the track.

If that is not your Cup of tea it will be a nice day to see old school and new minis side by side. Give you a chance to have a chat with some mini folk and put htat face to the name.:cool:

Entrance is only £5 and this is to cover hire of the Museum. You'll also be able to have a look around the museum and look at the days gone by cars that are displayed in the Museum.

If there is any Interest I can arrange to have a NMS display area What you lot think.??

More Details from www.amoc.8k.com

1. Brian
2. Low N Loud.(If He can Blag a Lift)
3. Duncan Stewart ( Maybe in a Classic If he gets the spanners Out)
4. Bad Dog Mini.....
5. Martin Sullivan (If He Is around)
6. T6 KFR
7. Gill
8. Monkimagic.
9. Ashley
10. Shaz(T8 SLD)
11. Mon the Fish.
12. CraigcooperSworks
13. T6 KFR
14. John
15. Nenah

Monkimagic has proposed a Meet from the Duthie Park at 9:30.if you fancy joining a convoy to the event.
Mon the Fish is Sorting a Route From Stirling http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5383

Your support would/is be appreciated.

Thanks for reading and hope to meet you all there.

Brian

Burple
17th August 2005, 06:04 PM
Cool... sounds like fun! All the previous ones have been a giggle!
We might nip up, but don't put me on the list tho, cos I won't have the car then!

The track is fun too!! seem to remember my wee brown monster did quite well last time I was up! (only cos anyone after me couldn't see the track for smoke!!) :D:D:D:D:p:p:cool::cool::cool:
Some of the quick Minis were faster than some of the Scoobies! :D

Duncan Stewart
17th August 2005, 09:30 PM
Sounds great Bri. Might be able to make it but cannot confirm yet - is it OK to bring my classic (if it's finished)?

The Dogfather
17th August 2005, 11:25 PM
Oops I told John that this was August! :I

I'd be up for this :D

bpirie1000
17th August 2005, 11:50 PM
Duncan. Aye the More the Merrier.. I have a stock of parts For old minis if there is anyhting you need. Give me a shout..

BDM your a tattie Heed........

L'n'L Bring that lawnmower of yours Get a good time on track.. Might have to look out the calendar though.. Not the Stop watch.. hee hee..

MartinSullivan
17th August 2005, 11:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Oops I told John that this was August! :I

This is August - but the AMOC meet is in September ;) thats the mistake you made :D

If I am around I would be up for this , but wont be able to confirm till nearer the time

KINGHORN
17th August 2005, 11:53 PM
i should make this, was on that track last month at the peugeot day, dont think il be on it again tho as the 18s didnt prove to good

bpirie1000
17th August 2005, 11:59 PM
mmmmm quality.. 18" mmm can see that being a problem.. for anyone who doesn't know the track is either a big figure of 8 or an oval depending...... and long 180degree corners don't do well with big wheels.. But still fun........

No Problems about confirming names.. Usual is that folk put names down tehn pull out.. Prefer teh honest approach.. cheer folks...

Brizee.(BMP)

gill
21st August 2005, 04:49 AM
Sounds look a good day out - we should be able to make it OK.

Gill & Ewan (relative newcomers):D:D

monkimagic
22nd August 2005, 06:12 PM
Hi Brian

What are your plans for this ? are you going along with AMOC or is this seperate. I am planning on going along so more than happy to meet up in convoy, A NMS display area sounds great, means I am gonna have to get the hoover out though.

Monki

T8SLD
22nd August 2005, 09:21 PM
Bri, Ashley and i are up for this. Sounds a bit different!

T6 KFR
22nd August 2005, 09:23 PM
I think i could manage to pop along so i can meet you guys at last. More so if we are driving in convoy to Alford.

I will confirm later nearer time,

bpirie1000
22nd August 2005, 10:20 PM
Think I'll have to be at the Event all day setting up and sorting things, But Aye I am Sure someone will be along soon to Sort out a convoy into the place...If Not I'll sort it out Nearer the Time.. Duthie Park....mmmmm Usual haunt..

Shaz/Ash.. Put you pair down for the Track then?? Remember your Racing suits and Helmet......

Gill good to get another face to the Name..

I'll provisionally go for 10 spaces for a NMS display area.. Anyone know where that banner Is located.. would be good to get some advertising for NMS..... have to get some Flyers To hand out as well.. Another thing for the to-Do list..

Cheers Brian...

Any more for any more.. Everyone welcome..

monkimagic
23rd August 2005, 03:00 AM
What time does it start, what time should we leave, I can take over the convoy brian,

monkimagic
23rd August 2005, 03:02 AM
I see its at 11am, possibly leaving

Duthie park at 9.30am,

Passing westhill at 10am, be in Alford for 10.30ish

what do people reckon.

Monki

T8SLD
23rd August 2005, 09:51 PM
I think a convoy is a great idea and 9.30 isn't too early for a Sun!
Bri - not sure about putting car on the track! Dont trust myself, ha ha

Burple
24th August 2005, 12:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by T8SLD

Not if you live in Aberdeen it's not!! :eek::eek::blackeye:;):evil::D

There'll be no drinkies THAT Saturday night then! :disapprove::sleepy:

:cool::D:D:D

Mon the fish
24th August 2005, 02:00 AM
Count me in, prob seen the thread I started, hopefully a few of us coming up from Stirling area

monkimagic
24th August 2005, 08:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

Count me in, prob seen the thread I started, hopefully a few of us coming up from Stirling area

You guys want tae meet up in Aberdeen in Duthie park ?

Monki

Mon the fish
25th August 2005, 01:54 AM
Depends on the others going really (get back to me people!), we would have to leave before 7 to get you there, so dunno mate!

T8SLD
26th August 2005, 01:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by T8SLD

Not if you live in Aberdeen it's not!! :eek::eek::blackeye:;):evil::D

There'll be no drinkies THAT Saturday night then! :disapprove::sleepy:

:cool::D:D:D

Hee hee - poor you no booze on the Sat night. At least you will have a fresh head on the sun though! ;)

T6 KFR
30th August 2005, 04:08 AM
Could you add me to the list please? I need to get one meet under my belt before winter.

Glad you all fancy the convoy from Aberdeen, should be fun eh!

:D

I Want A Works
30th August 2005, 05:56 AM
Stick my name dowsn for this one please Mr P

If work allows I'll be in aberdeen that Weekend and shall be looking for summit to do :cool:

monkimagic
30th August 2005, 10:01 AM
We,ll get both your names downn, a.s.a.p, Bpirie was authur of the 1st post but I am putting the convoy together.

craigcooperSworks
1st September 2005, 07:06 AM
I'll be up for this one too!!

Might even put the car on the track;)

ashley smith
2nd September 2005, 04:09 PM
Looking to forward to this meet guys. Shaz we'll just watch, eh?? ha ha... :cool:

T8SLD
2nd September 2005, 10:03 PM
[quote]Originally posted by ashley smith

Looking to forward to this meet guys. Shaz we'll just watch, eh?? ha ha... :cool:
There is no way my mini is going on the track! I dont trust myself! ;):cool: Hope the weather is as good as it is today!

T6 KFR
2nd September 2005, 11:38 PM
If i fancied my chances on the track would i need a helmet like most track days i.e. Knockhill etc.....

I hope you guys will speak to me i get all shy:I

KINGHORN
5th September 2005, 05:30 AM
nope no helmet required

craigcooperSworks
5th September 2005, 09:54 PM
Och, i wanted to get an outfit so i could look like Top Gears "The Stig" as i was parading around the circuit:cool:

ashley smith
5th September 2005, 11:46 PM
ha ha - well Craig you just take your outfit... We'll call you "Stig" for the day if that'll make you feel special... :cool:;):)

KINGHORN
6th September 2005, 02:09 AM
lol. i would put on your 17s again if ur going round the track craig

craigcooperSworks
6th September 2005, 04:50 AM
Yeah, i think i probably will. What was your car like with the 18"s around the track? Was it bad on the corners or something?

KINGHORN
6th September 2005, 04:56 AM
couldnt get **** all grip and that was with brand spankers and they were **** when i came off, i know i aint done alot of track stuff but i likr to think i know how to drive and i just couldnt get traction, i will hopefully make it on the day but it will be with 18s and it wont be on the track some one could give me a shot if they wanted to

Nenah
7th September 2005, 07:07 AM
So...is your helmet black too?????

:eek:

;)

:p

KINGHORN
7th September 2005, 08:06 PM
looks like i wont be making it,

The Dogfather
7th September 2005, 08:54 PM
Kinghorn, I take your car round the track seeing that you can't make it. I'd hate to see it miss out ;)

T8SLD
7th September 2005, 11:55 PM
Someone defo has to dress up as the stig for the track - craig - your suggestion so you better get shopping! ha ha :D

Can any nice peeps let me have a whirl in their S or Sworks on the day? Come one pretty please, you know you want to :D;) Never been in one and dying to see the difference compared to a cooper - not that i can afford to upgrade at present :(

I Want A Works
8th September 2005, 12:21 AM
BUGGA!

Work have invoked the "that is the weekend you provide cover, so you are working" clause for the Sunday :( so on't be down, well not unless I can convince some other schmuck to work for me:D

Will get back to you nearer the time Mr P if I am gonna be there, but better remove my name for the now :disapprove:

KINGHORN
8th September 2005, 03:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Kinghorn, I take your car round the track seeing that you can't make it. I'd hate to see it miss out ;)

well if u want to take a drive down to middlesbourgh u sure can, oh and u would have to put the 17s back on fore track use haha

The Dogfather
8th September 2005, 04:54 AM
I'll be in Newcastle next week, I'll pop down to collect it.;)

Are you working down there or is just the car there?

KINGHORN
8th September 2005, 05:32 AM
AWAY TO SEE THE WIFES PARENTS

T6 KFR
9th September 2005, 09:37 PM
Guys and Gals,

I understand its 1 week away , but does anyone have any finalised plans for next sunday at all? Seeing this will be my first meet with you guys, i dont want to end up in the wrong place. (kinda stupid to say, cause i know there is only 1 Duthie Park!!:))

S7JGW
10th September 2005, 12:29 AM
Hopin to make it Duthie Park Seems a good idea too.

bpirie1000
12th September 2005, 04:10 PM
Plans as far as I know will be to meet at teh Duthie Park For 9-9:30 The Event Opens at 10 So I'll be there Early to Set Up.. Monkey Is doing the Honors of Putting Together teh Run So He'll be along soon to Advise Better....

Sorted Out a Club Area Last Night so Should have Heaps of Space for all the NMS members..

Any Other Questions???

Cheers Brizeeee

eddie 44
13th September 2005, 02:14 AM
sorry not going to make this one , double booked off to F1 stockcar world final in northhampton ..

john
13th September 2005, 05:09 AM
Brian,please add me and Nenah to the list:cool:

Nenah
13th September 2005, 08:26 AM
Brian - we'll be in two cars of course! Winnie and the race car too.

Looking forward to it! :cool:

monkimagic
14th September 2005, 01:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

Plans as far as I know will be to meet at teh Duthie Park For 9-9:30 The Event Opens at 10 So I'll be there Early to Set Up.. Monkey Is doing the Honors of Putting Together teh Run So He'll be along soon to Advise Better....

Sorted Out a Club Area Last Night so Should have Heaps of Space for all the NMS members..

Any Other Questions???

Cheers Brizeeee

I reckon that pretty much covers it, you spoke about the NMS banner, did you track it down Brian ? or does anyone else know where it is.

Monki

bpirie1000
14th September 2005, 05:22 PM
Not managed to get anywhere with this at all.. I'll try again today.. let you Know leave it with me..

Cheers..
(can't be arse with all the e-Mails New post i think...) Lazy boy..

Scottie
14th September 2005, 06:11 PM
how far is this place away from Inverness or how long would it take me to get there.:)

MartinSullivan
14th September 2005, 06:13 PM
Google maps lists Inverness to Alford as 86.9 Miles

bpirie1000
14th September 2005, 07:07 PM
can't be that far..

Well it is like 20 miles from Aberdeen

Before Inverurie.... mmm I Dunno...

monkimagic
14th September 2005, 09:47 PM
86.9 of Fine roads there are too !!

I Want A Works
15th September 2005, 01:01 AM

Any Other Questions???

Cheers Brizeeee

Does that even include NMS menbers who don't actually own a MINI, but have a rather nice Golf GTi Soft top that your better half is interested in ;)

bpirie1000
15th September 2005, 04:38 PM
aye the Morte the Merrier as far as I am Concerned..

oh and it has been brought to my attention that I have not Explained that there will be a burger vanand an Ice cream van present. there are local shops but remember it is a sunday and it is in the sticks....

Cheers and Hope to see you all Sunday..

T8SLD
15th September 2005, 10:37 PM
Guys, just want to check what time we are leaving Duthie Park - is the plan to meet between 9 and 9.30 and leave at 9.30? Dont want to be late!!! :p

Bri - just so you know Ash and i will be in Molly - leaving my motor at home this time! Looking fwd to it!

monkimagic
15th September 2005, 11:46 PM
Ok Peeps

Meeting at Duthie park when ever you want but leaving there at 9.30.
heading towards Westhill via,
riveside drive,
heading for Union st via south college street.,
up Union st and towards havelhead,
past Hazelhead and then onto the open road.
Striaght from here to Alford.

We could go the otherway and up and over Garthdee road, the backroad to Kings wells.

Any preference?

Monki

Mon the fish
16th September 2005, 01:45 AM
I've got pals in Alford, maybe we should gatecrash them, hmm................ :D:p

john
16th September 2005, 01:58 AM
Aberdeen-lower Deeside-Banchory-Lumphanen-Alford;)

The Dogfather
16th September 2005, 02:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

Aberdeen-lower Deeside-Banchory-Lumphanen-Alford;)

The A944s pretty good as well!

ashley smith
16th September 2005, 04:06 PM
Arite folks?? Looking forward to it.. See you all at Duthie Park at 9.30am then on Sun.. Ash :cool:

T6 KFR
16th September 2005, 04:24 PM
Me too.

Lets hope its not as cold as this morning eh. 7 degrees it said in my poor cold cooper.

See you sunday.

bpirie1000
16th September 2005, 04:42 PM
No problems We ordered the sun and heat Months ago so were all stocked up for that...

But Take a Wardrobe of jumpers with you.. alford is not the warmest place in the world..

Cheers and See you all sunday..

Thanks for your support..

ashley smith
16th September 2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah too right I'll have on my woolies - brrrrr it was cold this morning.....
Looking forward to it, hope its not a race like the last time Bri, as I'm driving this time and the time we went to baxters TOTALLY freaked me out at how fast you lot were all driving....:eek:;)

bpirie1000
16th September 2005, 08:33 PM
nothing on NMS is ever a race. We did wait for you on the baxter run..

But you Sodded off on your own....

in this life some winners the rest get there eventually..

and for the record I wasn't the first one there...

Still Arriving in Style in a mini though... that is what matters..

Brizeeeee

The Dogfather
16th September 2005, 08:53 PM
Ash - The peddle nearest the door makes the car go faster ;)

ashley smith
16th September 2005, 08:56 PM
Really, Ah will have to try that one out.... ha ha;)

john
16th September 2005, 09:12 PM
I'm with Brian on this one Ash!! as I waited for you even though I was being overtaken by pensioners in flat caps driving Relient Robins.

Its not a race but getting up close to the speed limit of 60 would have been good:Deven 50 would have been better than 42:)

T8SLD
16th September 2005, 09:46 PM
What have i let myself in for allowing Ash to drive! hee hee:p;):D

bpirie1000
16th September 2005, 10:21 PM
well Put it this way When you get to the event you'll have at least 5 years worth of birthday cards and Christmas presents to open.. Hee hee

Only Joking Ash.( Note TO Self: Must remind Ashley that the Mini has more than First Gear and she does have to change it sometimes.Not like the Audi..)

Oh The Banter.. Gotta Love it..

Brizeeeeeee

The Dogfather
16th September 2005, 10:57 PM
She should have a spin with John, she'll soon realise just how quick a MINI can go :D

She better take a spare pair of pants though :eek:

T6 KFR
17th September 2005, 12:24 AM
You guys are scaring me now. I never go over 30mph thats fast enough...and thats when going down hill. I never could find the acc pedal , but now i know its near the door maybe ill hit over 100mph on the straights;)

But itis a Sunday, maybe 40mph seems good. See the countryside in all that:dead:

S7JGW
17th September 2005, 05:34 AM
Wont be able to come on convoy from duthie park as stayin in Macduff that nite. Anyone from around macduff goin could meet up.
Jim

monkimagic
17th September 2005, 09:14 AM
I often go out that way, was out there on My bike two Sundays ago for the Bike show, 5 speed vans around about Alford, so although its not bikes, I am sure the bobbies will be out. Watch your speed folks and watch your license.

Monki

Mon the fish
17th September 2005, 07:28 PM
http://www.nescamp.co.uk/sites.htm

Doesn't look like they'll be at Alford itself, but watch out anyway, b*ggers got me 3 years ago in a 1.2 Corsa. Now got 3 times the power, its only a matter of time...

The Dogfather
17th September 2005, 07:34 PM
I think I might have been done on the Beach Boulie the other morning, the sun was really low and I didn't see the barsteward :( not sure how long it takes for the ticket to come through though:question:

T6 KFR
17th September 2005, 08:01 PM
Hey Bad Dog,

I was told it takes only 1 week from being caught speeding. If it doesnt come through by then , ur safe.

u might be ok. fingers crossed

monkimagic
18th September 2005, 05:43 AM
It is 14 days, inclusive of weekends. so 2weeks and you are safe.

monkimagic
18th September 2005, 09:40 PM
Some piccies of todays run
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16325/69552.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16325/69550.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/16325/69549.jpg

MartinSullivan
18th September 2005, 11:06 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0143.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0135.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0134.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0132.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0131.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0126.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0125.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0123.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0121.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0117.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0116.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0114.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0112.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/NMS%20Stuff/DSCF0110.jpg

I Want A Works
19th September 2005, 12:12 AM
Great pics Martin.

I just wish I wasn't working (and had money for gogo juice) so I could have come down and seen it. :( Never mind, next time!

craigcooperSworks
19th September 2005, 12:59 AM
Yup, great pics!

Loved it on the track today, next time i'm taking racing slicks though:D
Have to try and get back on that track once my car has the crank pulley fitted- just to see the difference!

Good to see everyone:cool:

MartinSullivan
19th September 2005, 01:43 AM
Quickly posted the pics before I went back out - will email people with copies if they want them. Was a good day - well done to Brizeee and the AMOC for organising it. Good to see a lot of "old" faces and some new ones too ;) Some great looking cars there today ans having the track available definitely added a bit of interest to the proceedings :D

Duncan Stewart
19th September 2005, 02:40 AM
Looks like a great day out. Sorry I missed it , just back from holiday late last night.
Track looks great - I assume it was one at a time?

T6 KFR
19th September 2005, 04:02 AM
couldnt wait any longer to post about today.... I loved it.

Great meeting you guys at last. Hope see you soon at the next run.

Martin, I def want the remap now, and ill be looking through my mag tonight for some additional engine mods. After driving on the track I want more power!

gill
19th September 2005, 06:07 AM
Great pics Martin! Nice meeting with you and others today!

A good day out, enjoyed by us all.

Gill, Ewan & Jamie:D

ashley smith
19th September 2005, 04:32 PM
Hey Guys..Brilliant day yesterday..OH MY GOD, didnt get a chance to get onto the site Fri afternoon, and look at the banter you guys were having...ah hmmm about ME and I wasnt there to defend myself - ha ha ha - Loving the banter.. :p:cool:;)

Me and Shaz are thinking of planning a night out rather than a mini run, anyone be up for that??Thinking A Xmas night out in towm. If you let us have an idea who would go we can get something arranged.[/b]

Cheers, Ash :)

T8SLD
19th September 2005, 04:35 PM
Morning peeps! Had a fab day on Sat so thanks to the organisers.
And big thanks to Kev and John for letting me in the car on the track - totally awesome! Took great pleasure in boasting to the boyf when i got home hee hee:p:D:p. So it's safe to say he was a tad jealous and wishes he was allowed to come. Maybe next year if im in a good mood and he behaves himself :p;)

The Dogfather
19th September 2005, 04:44 PM
Good to see everyone had a great day, I'm sorry I missed it :(

I'd be up for a Christmas night out as long as it doesn't class with my works night out though :I

ashley smith
19th September 2005, 04:59 PM
Dont worry, we all have works nights out in Dec... When can everyone manage and we'll get a date set?? :D

bpirie1000
19th September 2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks To All who attended this event. REally Appreciate your Support. I was the One Running around Like a Headless chicken most of the day and Making the event Run Smooth..

Got cleared up and Everything sorted and in the Pub at around 7;30 last night.. Well deserved Pint For me..

Anyways Glad you lot were up for teh track action and Good to see so many minis In Full Steam ahead mode. Some more than others...

T6KFR Maybe you should go to Marshall Trailers after your Grass cutting incident.. Hee hee Least you Never modified the car with teh Bale of hay.. ooooops.

Martin Nice Photos Cheers For that New you would come up with some Nice Pictures for us.. Great job... AGAIN....

Duncan We could only allow one car on teh track at a time. If you had seen the Rangerover (Yes RANGE ROVER/BARGE) or the MZ3(whatever it was) go round you would understand....

Anyways I'll keep you lot posted about the Aberdeen mini owners Events. Think were going to try and suss out a rolling road sesh soon so might be a Nice chance to see where your power is lacking or greatest..

Thanks again to everyone and Cheers For organising the Convoy up the road. Even thoughthere was a smal Diversion Still go there..

Brizeeeeeeee:p

minimadtez
20th September 2005, 02:19 AM
Had a great day....cant wait to take my car back on the track!!!!
New addition to my wish list: Racing car....oh and race license!!!

My baby in action:

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/MiniMadTez/69640.jpg

I Want A Works
20th September 2005, 02:46 AM
And is the Rik in the passengers seat screaming
"SLOW THE F*** DOWN TERRRRIIIIIIIIII"

MartinSullivan
20th September 2005, 02:53 AM
Right I have pics of

Terri
T6 KFR
Nenah
John
Craig

on the track , if the drivers want them I can email them. Drop me an email at mjsullivan29@hotmail.com and Ill sort them out

Mon the fish
20th September 2005, 03:47 AM
Yep, was a great day, my first - lost my cherry :I

Cheers to Gill and Ewan for the convoy on the way up, I really put the pedal down on the way back :D

Roll on the next event!

T6 KFR
20th September 2005, 05:12 AM
So you guys on the track... what was your best lap times???

Just wanting a comparison to MCS times etc.... Mine was 1.18 (last shot). Did you beat your time Terri?????

Ill email you martin, but Id like the pics please emailed to me at work.

kevin.rettie@ne-on.biz

Cheers!!!!:D

john
20th September 2005, 06:11 AM
I did a 1;11 in my cooper and a 1;12 in Nenah's 's':D

MartinSullivan
20th September 2005, 06:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

I did a 1;11 in my cooper and a 1;12 in Nenah's 's':D

and another set of laps that were definitely quicker - apart from the guy with the stopwatch having the reactions of a dead slug

craigcooperSworks
20th September 2005, 06:53 AM
I managed 1;13 both times in my car, fairly happy with that!;)

PS- Cheers MS for the photo's.

S7JGW
20th September 2005, 07:14 AM
I managd ti get 1;17 in ma cooper. Fair triket wi the track. Whens next years one?
Jim

MartinSullivan
20th September 2005, 04:27 PM
Sorry Jim, I seemed to keep missing you when you were on the track so I never got any pics. Liked your show plates by the way ;)

G
20th September 2005, 06:24 PM
Some more pics:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Viperliz/m1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Viperliz/m2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Viperliz/m3.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Viperliz/m4.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Viperliz/m5.jpg

minimadtez
21st September 2005, 05:28 AM
My best time was 1:20
was happy with that.....ill beat that time next chance i get :D

(and I DIDNT cut the grass while i was there :p )

T6 KFR
21st September 2005, 05:57 AM
I seem to be getting alot of stick for my grass cutting exercise I had on my 3rd Try on track.:disapprove:

I will never drive on a track again:(

Mon the fish
21st September 2005, 06:07 AM
I'm on your side mate, got to push the limits, see how fast you can go. Even Schumacher has the odd off-track excursion :)

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room :p

john
21st September 2005, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

I seem to be getting alot of stick for my grass cutting exercise I had on my 3rd Try on track.:disapprove:

I will never drive on a track again:(

Track?? or Grass??:D

nothing wrong with cutting the grass for a better time:cool:

T6 KFR
21st September 2005, 06:48 PM
Well thanks you two for sticking up for me.....I ll remember to only chat with you guys at the next meet LOL;)

John you will have to show me the reason you can get your cooper round the track almost 5 seconds quicker than me... must be some engine mods mate. (Unless its all down to trhe driver:D)

Cheers guys!

bpirie1000
21st September 2005, 07:25 PM
Well It all Boils Down To The Size of your Balls Matey..

John Doesn't Have any Fear..

Having been out with John on a Fair Number of occasions in a Number of Different cars on and Off the Roads (yes He does Go Off Now and again.. )I Really do think you'll be doing well to Catch those 5 seconds.. it is a Confidence thing..You have to beleve in yourself and Know that you can take teh corners Faster and faster..
I can't go that fast Because I seam to See my bank manager Rubbing his hands every time I chuck the Car round corners Fast then seam to Slow down.. but One day that car will be mine all mine..

Then watch out mr Barrie.. Years of Scaring me to catch up on ...

Hee hee

MartinSullivan
21st September 2005, 07:34 PM
As Brian says a lot of it is that John has had his fear glands surgically removed - he keeps them in a jar now.

Also his car has been seriously lightened for racing.

For a first time on the track your time was pretty respectable, go through the list of mods I emailed you yesterday and get some more practice - you will claw back some of the 5 seconds , but I dont think you will ever get it all back ;)

T6 KFR
21st September 2005, 08:29 PM
I know i will never beat John's time. He seems to be the master;)

I will settle for second or third or fourth or fifth....best.:disapprove:

Hey, main thing is I loved the track.and it was a great day.

T8SLD
21st September 2005, 08:40 PM
Kev - just remember it was your first time round the track so your time wasnt all that bad!
AND, i think the reason you went onto the grass was that your confidence was soaring from me spurring you along to go faster on the last bend! Either that or i put you off ha ha! :p It was from all the excitement so the good intention was there hee hee ;):D:p

john
21st September 2005, 10:22 PM
As Martin said my car is very light by comparison,its also got a works filter-playmini exhaust & its chipped not to mention super sticky tyres:)

The only times you need to concentrate on are your own,keep aiming to better your own time and don't worry about anyone elses times so long as you have fun;)

I watched you understeering your way round while smiling all the way and thats what counts more than the time itself:cool:

john
21st September 2005, 10:27 PM
Brian hurry and get the car paid off so we can get a roll cage in it:D

bpirie1000
21st September 2005, 11:51 PM
mmmm Think I'll need more than the 2p and 1p jar don't you..

But I have another car now.. so...... Oh The brain is ticking now....

mmmmmmmm we'll have words Mr Barrie..

we'll have words.....

G
22nd September 2005, 06:18 AM
Kev, you will find (if John is the guy will the stickered Mini) that he made up so much time to being lighter and running on Yokohama 48's which are the best tyre available.

Of course plus more experience.

You need to lay off the power round the corners and brake later and smoother. Couple of times you got it nearly right but others you gave it too much juice therefore the car lost traction and went wide. Change of suspension would help as you have too much body roll. The list goes on but you're not going to get into the track stuff serious so don't waste the cash. You had fun!

bpirie1000
22nd September 2005, 04:23 PM
If your looking to change your suspension C_Me_swim has a set of lowering springs that would be ideal for you Good on Track and road..

He might even have some more goodies in teh back of his garage to help your Task of Reducing your track time....

MartinSullivan
22nd September 2005, 04:28 PM

If your looking to change your suspension C_Me_swim has a set of lowering springs that would be ideal for you Good on Track and road..

Thats the springs I emailed you about Kev, definitely a worth while mod.

Check out Marks thread Lowering Springs For Sale (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5477)

sleepyrascal
21st October 2005, 07:44 PM
HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS THIS?!?!?!?! I MUST HAVE BEEN ON ANOTHER PLANET AT THE TIME!!!!!!!!

G U T T E D ! !

We must get this sort of thing organised again!

The Dogfather
21st October 2005, 07:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS THIS?!?!?!?! I MUST HAVE BEEN ON ANOTHER PLANET AT THE TIME!!!!!!!!

Sleepy by name, sleepy by nature :blackeye::p:evil:;)

T6 KFR
21st October 2005, 07:53 PM
you missed a good day....i now love the track. (mmmmm, and perhaps the grass!)

minimadtez
22nd October 2005, 06:38 PM
I cant wait to get back on the track!!!
I should have reminded you Sleepy....sorry. I didnt realise ppl from here were going.....i just felt obliged to go as part of the mini club! :)