PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Italian Job Cruise 11.09.03 Registration

Monsta Mo Mini
18th August 2003, 04:53 AM
John Clark will be sending out invites to their customers to a special showing of the Italian Job at 8.30pm at the UCI in Aberdeen.

Preceeding the show there will be a MINI cruise through Aberdeen. Starting at Kingswells Park + Ride at 7pm. This is open to all. However we do require numbers so if you do intend to come along to the cruise we'd be most gratful if yoy could register here. Many thanks.

For further details http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/italianjob.html

Julz
18th August 2003, 04:02 PM
Even though it's a school night, we should be ok for going!:D

Tony
18th August 2003, 04:49 PM
It will be good to point out at this time, that this cruise is being organised for John Clark Aberdeen. From what we have been told,...John Clark Dundee is also organising a special preview,...but I no not whether a cruise has been organised down there at this time.

ALL are welcome to come along to the cruise.
However, the showing itself will only be for JC Aberdeen customers who have RSVP'd for the 80 - odd tickets that are going out.

And,...whilst the cruise should hopefully be a special,...it isnt very long..
Just to be borne in mind for the peeps who may be travelling a considerable distance to get here. - its going to be about 5 miles or so max. This is to ensure that as many (non) cruise/ enthuisasts as possible still want to come out for the prosession, but may be put off by an over long run.

Now that ive gotten those words of warning out of the way,......PLEASE EVERYONE COME ALONG TO THE CRUISE!!!! Im hoping to get some guys there to take pictures,..and there is hopefully going to be a bit of a charity whip round for MINI GB's offical sponsered charity WhizzKidz

I hope to see you all there,....I think it should be a great night!!

Fontal
18th August 2003, 08:20 PM
Ooh Ooh put me down for this as the car is getting serviced so I might as well join in with the cruise and if I get invited I get invited, if not well at least we will have a wee run down the street:D:D

Tony
18th August 2003, 10:41 PM
Fontal,.....

really is no reason why you shouldnt be invited. Infact the guys I spoke to at JC actually said that as long as you bought a car from them, you would be on the mailing list, regardless of whether you live in aberdeen, montrose, englandshire or up in orkney and shetland.

so, hope to see you there...

Fontal
18th August 2003, 10:57 PM
Tony,
The only problem is that I bought it in Inverness as that was where MINI told me was going to be the nearest dealer when I ordered it prior to launch date, but I do have all the servicing done in Aberdeen, Ill just have to do some begging when I book it in for the service ;)

Richard

zippy
20th August 2003, 01:38 AM
Yes Krusty and i will double up on this one.....

Tony
20th August 2003, 05:18 PM
Ok,

Another Update!

Flyers, which have been designed by our man calum will be finding there way into all of the invitees envelopes, along with their tickets.

These flyers are very smart, giving a wee italian job flavour, and also with a very small scale version of the cruise map.

more importantly, thanks to our friend tootie, these flyers also allow peeps brandishing them to get half price pizza from Pizza Hut, at the beach, on the night of the event. (strengthening to Italian theme i feel........)

Now, for anyone from outside the JC Aberdeen net, who is considering coming up for the cruise only, ive kept back some flyers, so they will be available from me on the night, so that once the cruise is over you can all enjoy a cheap meal before heading for home.

Cheers,

Tony

niall
20th August 2003, 09:54 PM
Count me in providing I get an invite as I bought my car in Edinburgh.

Tony
21st August 2003, 12:03 AM
then niall, im afraid it will be no can do.

the only stipulation from JC is that only their aberdeen customers are invited, as this is a JC aberdeen only event. regardless of where you live if you are a JC aberdeen customer, you should be notified of this.

other dealers MAY be running a similar event,...but i havent heard of any other cruises organised in conjunction,..well up this way anyway.

sorry,...but you are still more than welcome to come along and join in the cruise, and even get a flyer if i have any left.

Tony
21st August 2003, 06:13 PM
Just another thought,.....

But,......if there is sufficent interest for peeps coming from afar JUST FOR THE CRUISE, Ill consider making a longer cruise for them peeps to go off and enjoy the aberdeenshire countryside.

This will be dictated by interest, and the possibility of some help,..as I wont be on the extended cruise, and will therefore need to put the responsibility onto someone else, when the time comes.

Let me know,

byezebye

Big Gordy
21st August 2003, 08:20 PM
Is anyone looking for a 'chum' to take along to the Aberdeen showing :p The reason I'm asking is that my son starts at Aberdeen College on the 1st Sept. and was wondering if anybody had a spare ticket seeing as he only gets home at the weekends 8):D

Gismo
21st August 2003, 08:26 PM
I'm waiting patiently for John Clark in Dundee to send me my special invite ;)

Bonnie Scotland

niall
21st August 2003, 09:54 PM
I am a customer of their service department for a few warranty issues ;)

Tony
21st August 2003, 10:02 PM
JC dundee should be calling out to all their customers very soon with regard to the showing too.
Im not sure when JC aberdeen are getting in touch with everyone (im already on the list, so im not getting flyered!!),..but i would have expected them to go out today, or tomorrow at the very latest.

big gordy,.....there may well be some spare tickets going about. youll maybe need to watch this space. there is a strong possibility that Calum might come up to aberdeen, if he can spare the time,..and he has already been offered a ticket by the lovely tootie!!!!

so, there could well be a few lucky peeps with spare tickets.....

.....share the love guys.

Big Gordy
21st August 2003, 10:55 PM
:eek:Steady there Tony. It's just a ticket I want, just a ticket ;)

DNV122
23rd August 2003, 06:11 AM
My car's in the Bodyshop, so I may need a lift for the cruise.

Tootie
23rd August 2003, 05:35 PM
The JC flyers for Aberdeen preview have been posted, remember it's a first come first serve invitation so make those calls on Monday!:D

Tootie
23rd August 2003, 05:36 PM
Count me in for the cruise too!

john
23rd August 2003, 05:49 PM
count me in. and Phil if you want a lift give me a call:)

RS
25th August 2003, 04:22 AM
Count me in for the cruise.

Do you know if there will an area reserved for parking at the cinema?

Tony
25th August 2003, 05:10 PM
RS,

we are trying to arrange reserved parking as we speak.
letters have already been posted out to the relevent peoples,...so lets all please cross our fingers now and hope that things work out, after all this planning.

unless we come across real problems, im imagining that the area of the UGC carpark,..just behind sunset boulevard may be cornered off just for us,..but watch this space.

Fontal
25th August 2003, 07:49 PM
Wohoo Im in No:11 can't wait.

Richard

Tony
25th August 2003, 08:01 PM
glad to hear it Richard,

Im No: 1,..but then, someone has to be ;)

actually, i hope i am,...maybe im not even on the list,......

Tony
25th August 2003, 08:04 PM
The letter which has gone out to everyone ALREADY gives NMS a mention, so even for those unfortunate peeps that arent lucky enough to come along,...they will still have heard of us!!

And the PR guy, who might be helping us out took the website address as well, when i spoke to him on friday, so NMS might just get an influx of new members in the next few days (then we will have to start again, with another break away website when NMS gets too big!!!)

NEWMINIABERDEEN.CO.UK anybody....................
or maybe even NEWMINIWESTHILL.CO.UK.... :)

Tony
26th August 2003, 12:03 AM
ALL TICKETS HAVE BEEN SNAPPED UP FOR THE SHOWING IN ABERDEEN.

We have just had an email to say that ALL tickets were allocated by mid-morning, with the phones ringing red hot. Tickets are going to be sent out at the beginning of September in the style of F1 Pit Passes,...which is nice. Anyway, hopefully more details will follow shortly, and everything will be GO,..GO,...GO!!!

Fontal
26th August 2003, 12:44 AM
Tony,
Do you have any idea how many tickets there was and how many are likly to be on the cruise (or are hoped to be).
What is the rough plans for the cruise are we bringing Union st to a stand still;);):question:

Tony
26th August 2003, 04:52 PM
ok, roughly,...yes, we are going to bring union street to a stand still
and the boulevard, and queens road, and the beach front, and broad street, etc, etc

no,.....ive written to the police, and told them that it would be a prosession taking place at NORMAL road speeds, so that will be no full out speeding, and no death slow crawling,.....its late night shopping after all, and town will be busy. that said, im sure ill try and slow the pack down as we enter union street, so we can all enjoy our moment of glory.

80 tickets went out. 2 tickets per car,..is the understanding. there has been a positive feedback to the cruise already, but JC were so busy they didnt take an exact number, so irene and myself will be busy once the tickets come out, as our phone numbers are being distributed along with them.

its still looking promising for the numbers though.....

Tony
26th August 2003, 09:45 PM
Registration.

Add your name to the list, tickets out this week:

So far,

1. Tony
2. Irene
3. John
4. John (Zippy)
5. Lynne (Krusty)
6. Richard (Fontal)
7. RS