PDA

View Full Version : Shark fin

masterbiker
12th August 2005, 02:50 AM
I saw a mini while in Jersey with the shark fin that the new bmw's have. Anyone know where i can buy one or can you only have one if you have satnav?

The Dogfather
12th August 2005, 02:54 AM
I think its for the GPS receiver, cars with sat nav have the aerial in the rear side window.

Wul
12th August 2005, 04:18 PM
Michael - BDM is right - you can buy the mini shark fin separately, but unless you intend fitting a separate aerial for your radio somewhere on the car then it's not really gonna be anything other than for show.

KenL
12th August 2005, 04:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Michael - BDM is right - you can buy the mini shark fin separately, but unless you intend fitting a separate aerial for your radio somewhere on the car then it's not really gonna be anything other than for show.

How does a MINI with SATNAV receive a radio signal then Wul :p

MartinSullivan
12th August 2005, 04:49 PM
Minis with Sat Nav have the aerial in the side window Ken (as BDM said earlier)

Gismo
12th August 2005, 04:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL
The radio receiver is hidden behind the rear panel and the aeriel is included in the rear window :) or am i missing something :p

masterbiker
12th August 2005, 05:38 PM
Oh well, thats a bit poo. I guess I will just get a shorter aeriel as i hate the way the standard one sticks up into the air.

Wul
12th August 2005, 05:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

quote:Originally posted by Wul

Ken, Ken, Ken.....when will you learn :p:evil:;):clown::I:cool::D:)