PDA

View Full Version : long stay parking in Glasgow??

bpirie1000
12th August 2005, 12:43 AM
Going on Holiday anyone recommend where would be best???

Might put it into a dealer for a Squeek or something. but they might notice teh cases....

Hee hee

Monsta Mo Mini
12th August 2005, 12:57 AM
QPark at Linwwod.

Wouldn't trust any of the other ones after my MINI went on it's own little 240mile holiday while I was away in Mexico.

Big Col
12th August 2005, 01:15 AM
You can park it outside my flat if you like mate. :)

Gismo
12th August 2005, 01:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
You gonna transport him to and from the airport and provide him with a welcome pack too :clown:

Big Col
12th August 2005, 01:47 AM
Sure...if he leaves me his keys. :D

The Dogfather
12th August 2005, 02:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini
Wouldn't trust any of the other ones after my MINI went on it's own little 240mile holiday while I was away in Mexico.

:question:

Heather
12th August 2005, 03:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Same offer here. There is a bus that goes to the airport stops right outside my flat!

Monsta Mo Mini
12th August 2005, 04:52 AM
Ah yes...A certain Airport "parking" opertation in Renfrew mysteriously added 240 miles to my mileage and used all my petrol while I was on holiday. All my radio stations had been reset to Chav FM aswell. I took the mileage before handing over the keys but they didn't confirm it in writing. They shat themselves when I confronted them and claimed that the car had never been out of the parking lot. When the police got involved they just denied everything as nothing could be proven. The police had recieved several othe r similar complaints about the same place - who are still operationg. Shower of F**king crooks!

Wul
12th August 2005, 04:25 PM
I'm using parksafe next week - used them last year with no problems - £48 for the fortnight - they're at the turn off before the airport.

Always confirm the mileage on the car at the check-in desk.

Gismo
12th August 2005, 05:10 PM
I've used parksafe at least 4 times, never a problem, have in fact witnessed a recovery truck standing by for some poor unfortunate peeps cause their car wouldn't start.
The car owners obviously had to pay to get going, but they were given the choice of whether they wanted assistance or not.
Couldn't comment if the breakdown was genuine etc 8) but the recovery truck was not owned by Parksafe so no monetary gain for them ;)

Marysmin1
13th August 2005, 12:10 AM
You have to be very careful with these car parks, they dont accept liablilty for any damage done to your car, for those who have been unlucky enough to have problems on return from a holiday it never turns out in their favour. Maybe best to organise a taxi then relax knowing your car is safe?

T6 KFR
13th August 2005, 11:00 PM
Have u tried Express Holiday Inn i think its called. Just 2 minutes walk from the airport terminal. Me and the wife parked there in March for 2 weeks when on Honeymoon with 2 nites stay going / return BB. Cost only 85.00 lot.

Not bad we thought, def use them again.:approve:

bpirie1000
15th August 2005, 03:50 PM
Great Anyone Got any Phone Numbers For any Of these Folk...

Maybe hire a car for the trip and abandon it there for a week.. We'll see..

Numbers would be appreciated though.. Prefer to take the mini.. Might have a problem getting all The Mrs's suit cases in though... USUAL.. Looks like were going for years But no Only a week...

Thanks Brian

Wul
15th August 2005, 03:54 PM
Brian - HERE (http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=long+stay+parking&companyName=&location=glasgow&searchType=classic&broaderLocation=&clarifyIndex=0&ooa=on) - a few of them are in the right hand column. :)